A General Gihren's Greed Thread

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
EleSigma

A General Gihren's Greed Thread

Since there doesn't seem to be any recent threads on this great game I'll make a new one for some discussion on the series.

I've been following (or trying to follow) the series since I was introduced to Gihren's Greed: Blood of Zeon PSP port back in late 2005. Despite not knowing any Japanese I have been able to play and enjoy these games. It is a nice take on the U.C. series to be able to take control of an entire faction and conquer the Earth Sphere :) That and the load of freedom the second part of the game gives adds that much more fun to it. There is nothing like building 20 Big Zam's (Dozel would be proud) and using them to assault Gryps II in BoZ. Another fun thing about the game is the RP/AAR potential, it is fun making you're own personal AAR to go along with your game.

Anyways on another note, since Axis V was released (which I have yet to get sadly) news on the series has seemingly stopped. So is Axis V the last game? How were the sells? I can't find any numbers. Also has there been any interviews with the developers of the series talking about the possibilities of sequels after V? Or are things up in the air as of right now?
Enileph

Re: A General Gihren's Greed Thread

As with all gundam games, there will always be a next one, esp when it comes to UC stuff.

From what I know the current timeline of the series is technically developed up to the Zeta era only, so there is lots of room for extra stuff, not to mention the ever-increasing amount of MSV out there (yes post Zeta MS exist, but by no means complete, and without the storylines).

I am sure announcement of a new one will pop up within the next year (probably this year even). The game seems to be on a 2 year cycle, or something like that. Plus, its a easy game to make, just do some minor tweaking and add a couple of MS/pilot/storyline, and hardcore UC fans are going to buy it. Then again, thats basically its fan base.
EleSigma

Re: A General Gihren's Greed Thread

Ah that's good to hear. :D Though I'd like to see how they will tackle the lengthy Federation and Zeon scenarios. If they were going to add anything past Hathaway's Flash it will be a bit hard to do since Mobile Suits from the 100's-up started to get smaller and faster making pretty much all MS before that obsolete.

Then there is the task of creating new areas, unless they have a creative way of pulling it off, a faction like Mars Zeon or the Jupiter Empire would require a whole new strategic map area to cover Mars, Jupiter, and the Jovian colonies.

That and Revel would be pretty old and possibly dead by the late 0090's. Gihren would still be alive since I did the math and he would be about 79 by the time F91 took place, though he would probably be in Degwin's position as a figure head while his heirs or whoever is #2 on the Zeonic totem pole did their own thing. I wonder if they would address characters age in the next game? If anything give Gihren a picture change and have a change of power for the Feddies so that they don't look too out of place. This of course assuming that they add past Hathaway's Flash, which considering with the other Gundam import game I've played (Gundam Battle Series) they probably will since both seem to follow the same technique of adding a little bit more on the timeline each release.