Mechwarrior Series thread(talk about the games here)

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Mechwarrior Series thread(talk about the games here)

Ok so pretty much there isn't a recent thread on this topic in the video games section and I figured it would be a good time to make one.

I myself am currently going through Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries and doing the various arena matches on Solaris VII so I can earn some cah and buy more mechs and tech and pilots.

Man I love my Atlas.
Loadout is 2 Clan PPCs, 1 Clan Guass Rifle, 2 Clan LRM15s and a Clan Medium Laser.

Got LAMS for potection from missile fire and maxed out armor.
Balance heat well usually and a few good shots I can own most enemies.
I also upgraded the engine for better speed and dodging performance which has helped ALOT.

Probably when done with Mercenaries I will go through Mechwarrior 4 Vengance.
I never got Black Knight expansion pack though.

So post about the games in here.
J-Lead

Re: Mechwarrior Series thread(talk about the games here)

The Mechwarrior games practically defined my childhood...

...Actually, you just made me realize that Gundam wasn't my gateway into mecha, Battletech was. :shock:
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Mu La Flaga

For me Mechwarrior is one of those big mecha franchises I can remember for a while.
Like before got in to anime and all, remember seeing the SNES game for Mechwarrior 2 out and all sorts of things.

And I did watch the cartoon at times, it was awesome back then.
liubei013

Ah.
The good 'ol brawling mech games with great customization. The first MW game I played was MW2 on PC (wasn't mine, was a neighbors) and always ran my heat sinks to capacity (and sometimes beyond e.g. Alpha Striking with a Nova). xD

I really got into MW3 and its expansion, as I loved the mix of graphics, 'Mech choice, and customization. (I think I spent more time tweaking my various suits rather than actually doing the bland campaign...like my Timber Wolf mod, with 2x LRM 10's, 2x ER PPCs, 2x ER Large Lasers, AMS, and MASC...at least, I think that was the config, though the tonnage may be off ^^; )

I played MW4, but I never got into online multiplayer (in general, not just this game). The customization didn't seem quite as robust, but the ease of use balanced out, I suppose. I liked the equivalent C (or was it D) variant of the Dire Wolf, with its Clan Gauss Rifle, 3x Clan Large Pulse Lasers, 1 x Streak SRM6. (in both MW3 and 4... I think 4 had it...)

@TV: Yeah, I remember that, back when Saturday Morning cartoons were almost a religious experience (okay, so I exaggerated, but Saturday mornings were better back then). It wasn't until I got into the Battletech novels where I understood fans' criticism with the various inconsistencies (especially tech), but it still didn't make it any less enjoyable. Too bad it only lasted a single season. (I DL'ed it from somewhere a year or so back, but haven't found any legit source)
Mu La Flaga

I will say something about Mechwarrior 4 Mercs not too keen on is how the loading save file system works sometimes.

I got lost like 2 nights back when I had to use the load option and some saves were not there.
Toxicity

I played Mechwarrior Living Legends for the first time last night. For those who don't know, it's a total conversion mod made for Crysis. I had a blast, but in two hours of playing, I didn't get a single kill or earn enough money to use anything more powerful than a Hollander. I feel that I should've gotten at least one kill, because there is one light mech that mounts an AC20 I used for a while, and I swear I must've hit another light mech with that gun at least 7 or 8 times and it didn't go down.