Sins of a Solar Empire anime mod: Vermillion Sector

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
genocyber

Sins of a Solar Empire anime mod: Vermillion Sector

Hey guys!

This is probs news to most - me and my team at danman games are working on a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire known as Vermillion Sector.

Were implementing 5 different factions, each with its own unique art direction and playing style.

You can expect to see many ships from:
-Macross
-Crest of the stars
-Gundam
-Irresponsible captain Taylor
-Tenchi
-Sol bianca
-Cowboy bebop
-Outlaw Star

Check out our moddb profile for the low down - Vermillion Sector mod for Sins of a Solar Empire - Mod DB.

Our team is comprised of:
dragonslayer
darkstorm01
Just~a~Guy
koobalt
kreeargh
and myself :)

Still need:
texture artist/mappers
programmers/code fiddlers
3d artists

If anyone has any free time to collab (we could really use the help) or spare anime ship/mecha models, pm me and Ill give you access to our developers forum. Also if you have any suggestions or questions, I hopefully have answers so fire away 8)
Reven

Re: Sins of a Solar Empire anime mod: Vermillion Sector

Now this is interesting, I don’t often hear about mods being posted in the gaming section of the forum.

So, you’re replacing the three original factions with five factions made up of various anime and scifi ships? Sounds interesting…
I do have a few questions though.

1. With Sins, do we need the download the various expansions for it to allow the mod to work? Or is the vanilla install enough?
2. Which factions are made up of which animes?
3. Do we get to use the SDF-1 as a capital ship? I’m having trouble seeing the usage of its transformation in the game…
Chris wrote: Hey, the Guntank a piece of crap. Long Live the Hildolfr!
iKhaotic

whoa. my mind is blown at how epic this can potentially be... i've always been curious about Sins of a Solar Empire, but i highly doubt my laptop can handle it lol. i'd like to see screens of the finished product when it's done though :)

good luck with the project!
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
genocyber

Sorry for taking so long to reply, so few forums actually responded to my posting of this mod I sorta gave up on the forums. Anyways to answer your questions -

Were using Zombierus5 stackable races mod, which basicially is a mod thats done alotta the hardwork/under the hood stuff for you. So the 3 original races will still be in the mod, plus 5 new ones.

This mod is for the latest version of Entrenchment. Entrenchment is very cheap and is a nice little addon.

Each faction has a theme, and thus any anime within that theme will feature their ships in that faction.

-UMSF are a combination of all the slick terran/earth defense ships from Macross to Gall Force.

-The Aphrodian Syndicate are a combination of Starblazers and classic Gundam ships.

-Dominion of Ishitar are a mixture of Zentradi and Meltran.

-Kingdom of Jurai are a combination of Jurai, the Galactic Police and the Imperial Starforces from The Legend of the Galatic Heroes

-Humankind Empire Abh are purely Abh as they already have an absolute plethora of ships to choose from.

SDF-1 will be ingame as a capship for the UMSF, possibly transformable, but not smoothly.

We have a few screens of near finished ships ingame, the Sardine-class and Arcadia-class. As of today, strangely, 3 new members have joined the team so a beta in march is highly possible.