Super Robot Wars L

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Super Robot Wars L

That's something very interesting indeed. I honestly don't know because I haven't managed to get myself up to that point in the game yet. Though if what you are saying is the case then that would be the first time this has happened in a SRW game and a very new and fresh concept for Eva.
It gets stranger
Spoiler
Shamshel also makes an alliance with the mimetic beasts from Godannar after they possess some Earth Alliance mobile suits and fatboys from their series. However, when Ramiel comes he attacks them like he would Team Locus. Maybe the angels only alligne themselves with others so that they fight each other while trying to reach Lilith (who is mentioned but not shown BTW).
Spoiler
I've also read some people who have translated part of the game saying that there is mention that in the Macross Frontier world, the aerogators/balmar and Inspectors/Zuvorg had been encountered but unlike in their respective games the encounters were peaceful. If this translation is correct, it's very interesting that they have linked this game to some of the other major stories in SRW history.
That's probably the reason it's called Super Robot Wars LINK. :P Why is this not mentioned in the title of the topic already?
Mattokaiser

DuelGundam2099 wrote:It gets stranger
Spoiler
Shamshel also makes an alliance with the mimetic beasts from Godannar after they possess some Earth Alliance mobile suits and fatboys from their series. However, when Ramiel comes he attacks them like he would Team Locus. Maybe the angels only alligne themselves with others so that they fight each other while trying to reach Lilith (who is mentioned but not shown BTW).
Spoiler
I have a theory about this. Perhaps the angels learn to handled the situation differently based on the experience of the other angels. Since previous angels allied themselves with other enemies of Lotus to help them achieve their goals and ended up failing. So that could be why Ramiel took the stance of everyone is an enemy. Once again it's only a theory
It's become very clear that the Link in the title was a very smart move on banpresto's part. I still remember before the game came out people were coming up with crazy theories as to what the L could stand for, like Legend or even Lacus.
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
DuelGundam2099

Super Robot Wars Lacus! :lol: I want to see SEED fan reactions other than my own to that. :P

The big SRWonderful Guide has been updated! And here's a few things to boot:
Spoiler
First off, the names of all the originals from the game in alphabetical order:

Cannon Volley
Conquest Bomb
Core Fortress
Gultdeus
Imperial Volley
ORF-59 Rivas
Rushbird
Straybird
Strike Volley

Second, when it comes to grunts, Mazinkaiser got shafted. Seriously, no villain from Mazinkaiser has appeared. In close second is Dancouga Nova and aside from Original Dancouga the only other bad guy they have is Regulus Alpha, the exterminator UFO robot from episode 10. Seriously? No genocidrons or waroids? Also, apparently Unit 05 from Rebuild doesn't exist, but I doubt that's true since angels 3-8 are listed although 3 and 8 are mentioned as characters (what?). The Cthuwolves and Fujis from Iczer 1 aren't mentioned and Neos Gold's four generals are just regular characters and not untis. Real shame.

But wait, it gets better! Hey Macross Frontier fans, listen up! Ranka's a boss! No joke, just like in the final two eps.
Mattokaiser

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Super Robot Wars Lacus! :lol: I want to see SEED fan reactions other than my own to that. :P

The big SRWonderful Guide has been updated! And here's a few things to boot:
Spoiler
First off, the names of all the originals from the game in alphabetical order:

Cannon Volley
Conquest Bomb
Core Fortress
Gultdeus
Imperial Volley
ORF-59 Rivas
Rushbird
Straybird
Strike Volley

Second, when it comes to grunts, Mazinkaiser got shafted. Seriously, no villain from Mazinkaiser has appeared. In close second is Dancouga Nova and aside from Original Dancouga the only other bad guy they have is Regulus Alpha, the exterminator UFO robot from episode 10. Seriously? No genocidrons or waroids? Also, apparently Unit 05 from Rebuild doesn't exist, but I doubt that's true since angels 3-8 are listed although 3 and 8 are mentioned as characters (what?). The Cthuwolves and Fujis from Iczer 1 aren't mentioned and Neos Gold's four generals are just regular characters and not untis. Real shame.

But wait, it gets better! Hey Macross Frontier fans, listen up! Ranka's a boss! No joke, just like in the final two eps.
Hmm those bits of information are pretty informative. Though a lot of those don't come as a surprise even though they are a little disappointing.
Spoiler
Firstly starting with Mazinkaiser, the lack of baddies from Mazinkaiser was spoilt in the prelude story. Basically it tells that both doctor hell and the mycene empires were defeated before the game began.

Dancouga nova story wise has been pretty good. Even without most of the early show enemies they allow linebarrels to fill that gap perfectly. Also still they cover all the R-Daigun fights pretty well too. So in a strange sort of way it makes sense to only start including the UFO monsters and the original Dancouga on the moon along with moon will. Though I believe that they could have included some of the earlier enemies if they put their mind to it. However for it's first appearance Dancouga Nova still has all the key elements we want plus they made the combination between Nova and R-Daigun its own unit which is awesome in my books.

Evangelion 2.0 seems to be more there on name as the game only really covers about half the movie. Mari isn't playable but I think that was handled smartly on the creative staff's behalf. She really is a character we dont know much about at this point and so it's almost better to wait until EVA 3.0 before they include her. Nothing would be worse to have a SRW include a character and then she turns out to be the opposite when the rest of the story becomes available. So from what I understand the game ends with shinji meeting Mari just before the Unit 03 incident. This strongly hints that SRW L might get a sequal once eva 3.0 or even 4.0 is released. The end of Eva 2.0 is a big steam roll to the finish line that ends on a point that really can't be used in a SRW without knowing what is to follow. Like kawarou spearing unit 01 to stop the third impact. Along with asuka being contaminated by an angel etc. So while it really sucks that this time we dont get to play through the Rebuild events of the unit 03 fight and then the zeruel fight i think the set will make those events well worth it if they make a sequal to L.

Last but not least, I've heard that Frontier has been handled really well. I knew that for the final frontier mission they wouldn't be using Nyan Nyan Service Medley but they did do the next best thing which was to play a different frontier song each turn which almost equates to Nyan Nyan Service Medley with the music choices they have in L. It's a little shame the Temjin didn't get used in L but given the setting of the game with Macross frontier coming from world B, theres no suprise.

Though all of these opinions are based on what I have heard from other forums where people have finished the game. I might change them once I've played through the game further.
Did you hear that people called SRW K, SRW Kagalli based on the Katakana way to spell Cagalli because the game focused on Seed destiny from her eyes. So the running gag was that SRW L was going to be Seed Destiny from Lacus's eyes.
Bonesy!

I thought the enemies on Stage 34 (I believe they were probably from Iczer, I can't check right now) were interesting. They were by themselves but they comboed the heck out of stuff.
Wingnut

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Well, it looks like Armored Klan's confirmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DauQ8BMnzyg
And she can breathe in space! :lol:
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
DuelGundam2099

Zentradi were capable of surviving in space in the original series so it isn't that impossible. Of course I have no idea what parts of the series and movie are canon to the rest of the main timeline, so if someone could explain that a little better that would be great. :lol:

And if what I heard is right at level 23
Spoiler
Rebuild Evangelion Unit 02 and Deathscythe Hell Custom show up together as reinforcements. So yeah.
Bonesy!

She's still better in the Rau, seriously.
Mattokaiser

Yeah though I'm going to use armoured klan for a bit because I think she's awesome. It's nice to see that banpresto are including characters like that as unit choices even if they are completely underpowered.

I was honestly expecting that a Vf-171 ex would be unlockable in L too. Though it doesn't appear that L is going to do the SMS split from the tv series.

I'm currently pushing through the game and am up to mission 19. I'm really enjoying the game so far. The missions and level design are an improvement over K. Also the pacing is still pretty nice considering the several series don't have their stories covered.

Also am I the only one who now wants to watch Iczer 1 and 3 after playing L. I can't get over how awesome Iczer 1 is and Iczer Robo is very cool too.
DuelGundam2099

Iczer 3 is the better series, but that's just me. Speaking of which
Spoiler
The seventh Rebuild angel apparently also aligns itself with the mass production Delos Thetas lead by Atros........ Despite not being near Tokyo 3........ And seriously, the only grunt units from either Iczer series being Delos Theta? What about Reddas and Blueba? Hell, I have yet to see Big Gold (or did I accidentally skip him?). Not even Neos Gold's four generals as mini-bosses? Shame, real shame.
Well, I think I can safely say this: When it comes to enemy grunts Banpresto can somehow play the nice guy and the jerk at the same time (usually nice guys in favor of the reals). :P

Wonder if Sahaquiel's gonna align himself with the Vajra? And did the third Rebuild angel show up? They showed him in the second promo vid and he was referenced at the start of stage 23 (I watched FlamingGnat's playthrough); not to mention he's counted as a character in the SRWonderful series guide at GameFAQs.
Vent Noir

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Iczer 3 is the better series, but that's just me.
Iczer-1 is darker and the horror elements are emphasised more. Iczer-3 is lighter and focuses more on action. I personally think Iczer-1 is better from a storytelling standpoint, but both of them are equally fun to watch.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mattokaiser

DuelGundam2099 wrote:Iczer 3 is the better series, but that's just me. Speaking of which
Spoiler
The seventh Rebuild angel apparently also aligns itself with the mass production Delos Thetas lead by Atros........ Despite not being near Tokyo 3........ And seriously, the only grunt units from either Iczer series being Delos Theta? What about Reddas and Blueba? Hell, I have yet to see Big Gold (or did I accidentally skip him?). Not even Neos Gold's four generals as mini-bosses? Shame, real shame.
Well, I think I can safely say this: When it comes to enemy grunts Banpresto can somehow play the nice guy and the jerk at the same time (usually nice guys in favor of the reals). :P

Wonder if Sahaquiel's gonna align himself with the Vajra? And did the third Rebuild angel show up? They showed him in the second promo vid and he was referenced at the start of stage 23 (I watched FlamingGnat's playthrough); not to mention he's counted as a character in the SRWonderful series guide at GameFAQs.
Actually I'm currently up to stage 23. The third angel is only in a cutscene that mimics the first fight of Eva 2.0. However just like the movie, it quickly segues to the fight with the 7th angel. I honestly didn't think that the 7th angel was going to be used because it's movie time was only about 2 mins and it didn't display too many attacks. However I am glad that so far all the Angels of the movies have appeared.

I have heard that about Iczer 1 and 3. With many people considering 1 to be a little bit better than 3. Though when I watch both ill decide which one I enjoyed more. The character designs really give me the vibe of Bubblegum Crisis 2032. I'm still hoping one day that or 2040 will make it into a SRW.
DuelGundam2099

Gentlemen, the Banpresto Original grunts have made their debut (during the battle of ORB no less).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VR8rFkg8g&feature=sub

Combattler V destroying a Destroy Gundam with the Super Electromagnetic Yo-Yos, awesome. :P Anyway, the brown ones use lances and the purple ones use a pair of combinable beam guns. The fighters...... Well, they don't show. The big guy in red has a killer death cannon and a pair of what I think are energy halberds.

If anyone that's finished it wants to correct me and give us some detailed info on the originals that would be great.
hitokirigarou

Rushbird
- Maser Eye
- Lightning Fist
- Light Blazer
- Dimension Storm
- Mode Archaeonyx (requires Straybird) *
- Laplace Wall (defensive ability)

* Archaeonyx is possibly taken from Archaeonycteris, a prehistoric bat, which is surprising considering the bird motifs of the protagonists' mecha.

Straybird
- Crow Machine Gun
- Pheasant Cutter (also uses Swallow Gun)
- Plover Grenade
- Flood Assault (also uses Vulture Cannon)
- Imaginary Road (defensive ability)

ORF-59 Rivas
- Missile Launcher
- Cobalt Hou

Strike Volley
- Needle Gun
- Spiral Lance

Cannon Volley
- Dual Gatling Cannon
- Dual Beam Cannon

Imperial Volley
- Tears Shot
- Beam Halbert *
- Imperial Launcher

* This is not a typo. It uses the alternate spelling for halberd.

Core Fortress
- Rensha Shiki Cobalt Hou
- Formation GreAT

Conquest Bomb
- Jibaku

Gultdeus
- Sentence Missile
- Registrate Laser
- Revolution Cannon