Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Games




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:05 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
http://www.facebook.com/AceCombatoffici ... 6274046501

Characters Page on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 6274046501
http://img231.imageshack.us/g/172931193 ... 10012.jpg/ - Imageshack dump

CHOPPER ACTION


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 am 
Offline
Retconned MSV Ace
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 pm
Posts: 1740
Location: Under Lt. Commander Cadillac's boot heel
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
CHOPPER ACTION


For a brief second there, I thought you meant chopper was in the game. Then reality hit me, and my heart broke forever... :(

_________________
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:34 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
108th Task Force Trailer

I Ace-gasmed


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Stig Land
Amadi Akintunde wrote:

Dammit! That vid got me excited, but you must always remember to judge a game by IN-GAME FOOTAGE! I'll remain on the fence for now (Piloting an apache would be cool though...).

_________________
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
raijinz wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:

Dammit! That vid got me excited, but you must always remember to judge a game by IN-GAME FOOTAGE! I'll remain on the fence for now (Piloting an apache would be cool though...).


All of that was in-game footage. ;p

All they need to work on refining at the moment are the seemingly low-poly fighters. But from what I've seen in screen shots, they're not having any problem doing that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Stig Land
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
All of that was in-game footage. ;p

All they need to work on refining at the moment are the seemingly low-poly fighters. But from what I've seen in screen shots, they're not having any problem doing that.

It wasn't, was it? How is anyone supposed to play the game with all that shaky-cam nonsense?

_________________
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:17 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
raijinz wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
All of that was in-game footage. ;p

All they need to work on refining at the moment are the seemingly low-poly fighters. But from what I've seen in screen shots, they're not having any problem doing that.

It wasn't, was it? How is anyone supposed to play the game with all that shaky-cam nonsense?


It's the new optional game mode called Close Range Assault. Addresses the concerns of potential new Ace Combat fans regarding the "low-intensity" of dogfighting in past games.

You'll still be able to play the way Ace Combat has done it for the past few generations. They've just added something more to it. Thrill factor.

And yes, it was all in-game footage. Note some of the instances where HUD visuals appeared onscreen.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:24 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Stig Land
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
It's the new optional game mode called Close Range Assault. Addresses the concerns of potential new Ace Combat fans regarding the "low-intensity" of dogfighting in past games.

You'll still be able to play the way Ace Combat has done it for the past few generations. They've just added something more to it. Thrill factor.

And yes, it was all in-game footage. Note some of the instances where HUD visuals appeared onscreen.

The mode is optional? So If I try it and find I don't like it, I can turn it off? *Slowly climbing off the fence*

_________________
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:43 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
That's what Kono said in a magazine interview. The traditional Ace Combat playstyle is still there, with an added (but optional) bonus.

In short, yes, you can turn it off.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:16 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
Cinematic Trailer for E3.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Stig Land
New gameplay footage

I'm still on the fence, I'm worried they've sold out and shallowed the game just to appeal to the CoD and HAWX fans. Gotta play it before I can decide...

_________________
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:31 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
raijinz wrote:
New gameplay footage

I'm still on the fence, I'm worried they've sold out and shallowed the game just to appeal to the CoD and HAWX fans. Gotta play it before I can decide...


You've only seen the first mission demonstrating CRA. You've literally seen nothing yet.

Speaking of which, if this game fails, Namdai's canceling the Ace combat series.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:10 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Stig Land
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
You've only seen the first mission demonstrating CRA. You've literally seen nothing yet.

Speaking of which, if this game fails, Namdai's canceling the Ace combat series.

I hope that's not the case. Despite all the gripes I've had with Ace Combat games in the past, I would rather play them than any other type of aerial combat game out there. In my eyes, nothing else comes close.

_________________
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:45 pm 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
raijinz wrote:
Amadi Akintunde wrote:
You've only seen the first mission demonstrating CRA. You've literally seen nothing yet.

Speaking of which, if this game fails, Namdai's canceling the Ace combat series.

I hope that's not the case. Despite all the gripes I've had with Ace Combat games in the past, I would rather play them than any other type of aerial combat game out there. In my eyes, nothing else comes close.


Ace Combat has been one of Namco's worst selling series for quite some time compared to their more mainstream titles like Soul Calibur and Tekken. It hasn't been doing well in recent years.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: beep boop
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:43 am 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:40 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Markham, ON
Did anyone miss me?

Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Full-Blown Trailer
Helicopter Assault Gameplay Trailer

Also, I just want you guys to know that expert controls will still be in the game.

_________________
-noeltan
noel's dA

carny (kär'nē) n:
    A thousand tiny fingers clawing at your spine.

scream train (skrēm trān) n:
    Two hundred tons of unstoppable terror burning through the night.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
I forgot that this topic existed here as no one else was posting in it.

I've been keeping in contact with the game's writer, Jim DeFelice. He's apparently a huge fan of Ace Combat, and that fact alone makes me pumped for this game that much more. It's looking to be great so far.

It's a shame that North America won't be getting the whole Limited Edition package that Europe will be, though. I don't see how the F-4E Phantom II is so special.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 am 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:40 pm
Posts: 756
Location: Markham, ON
The Limited Edition will come with the game's soundtrack, a notebook signed by the Project Aces team and the F-4E DLC code. I guess Namco Bandai doesn't really see much profit in offering these to North Americans. The GameStop preorder of Assault Horizon will come with the F-4E DLC code though.

Traditionally the F-4E Phantom II is the worst performing plane in all Ace Combat games, but it is usually one of the cheaper/starting planes, which meant that everyone would have to grow accustomed to using it before they can afford a better plane. Also with the exception of Ace Combat: Joint Assault, the difference in plane performance is generally very subtle; so worst performing is an overstatement.

There will be people that fanboy over the F-4, especially since it wasn't flyable in Ace Combat 6. It's something that grows on people.

_________________
-noeltan
noel's dA

carny (kär'nē) n:
    A thousand tiny fingers clawing at your spine.

scream train (skrēm trān) n:
    Two hundred tons of unstoppable terror burning through the night.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Stig Land
The Eurogamer Expo is coming up next month in London, so I should finally get a chance to play this and see for myself!

_________________
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:27 pm 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 pm
Posts: 10
Love the new focus on close combat. Dogfighters rejoice!

_________________
This signature is three times wittier than the average signature.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:46 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:32 pm
Posts: 722
Game is out as of today. Reviews are pouring in, some good, some bad. So far, the good is outweighing the bad, with Gamespot seemingly turning 180 degrees from their "Call of Duty in the air is underselling it" claim and gave it a less than nice review. Which is pretty silly because they've got a sticker with that same exact quote plastered right onto the retail game case.

Spoiler: show
I don't have the game yet myself, but what I can tell you is that you'd be better to prepare for a helluva lot of dogfighting in the campaign.


It's also increasingly difficult, from what I've heard and seen - even on Easy/Pilot difficulty. CRA/DFM isn't as "hand-holdy" as the masses initially assumed, and if anything, mounts upon the already frustrating difficulty of air-to-air engagements. Still, that only makes it twice as fun. And multiplayer seems to be even more of a blast.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Discussion » Games


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: