What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

only a few hours into fallout:new vegas, the game would be alright if it wasn't so broken with glitches and bugs, and i'm hesitant to download the patches made available due to (admittedly unsubstanciated) allegations that they do more harm than good, i know the series has always been rather buggy but not to this level, its kind of rediculous
Flag Fighter for life!
Turinu

I managed to get through New Vegas from beginning to end without a bug in sight. Though they are rampant within the game, it shouldn't affect you going through the main storyline on your first playthrough. Some of the bug fixes up on places like the NV Nexus do help, such as the ones that fix some companions, fix graphics-oriented problems (such as the d3d fixer thing), and all-around help improve the general image and aspects of the game (Such as the FOOK).

On that note, New Vegas is also a game I recently purchased. xD
Outlaw

Fallout: New Vegas
Fable 3
Zettai Hero Project

Wait, didn't the previous iterations of Fable and Fallout go head to head too?
I'm also playing a little MOO2 (big cookie if you know what that stands for) on the side. It's an oldy, but a goody.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Espdude

I got Star Wars The Force Unleashed II for my birthday the other day, and despite the game being kind of short it was a lot of fun to play.
Zeonic Glory

For multiplayer, I've just been playing Halo Reach to try to hit Lt. Colonel Grade 3. Since I only play it on weekends, it'll still take me a bit.

Been playing New Vegas on PC to combat the bugs via mods and console commands. I haven't started it on 360 yet, but will soon.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Shea

Got Gundam Assault Survive.

Fake difficulty + cheap-ass enemies + the new shop system + the Strike Gundam sucks in this game + the fact that you can't select what pilot or machine you want to use for the SEED and 00 missions + endless point grinding

=

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I liked Crossfire better!
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
Turinu

Did a days worth of hard labor just to nab me some Fable 3 action. Damn I'm so sore. D:
Red Comet90

I just got the Scott Pilgrim video game off of the Xbox Live Arcade and its so much fun. It takes me back to the old days when beat em-ups were all the rage. Ridiculously difficult, but its so much fun.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Third Child

I was playing Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix on GameCube yesterday and while i managed to get a little farther that time, i still suck even when playing it by controller. I'm too used to the PlayStation controller that i get confused more times with the Nintendo buttons.
Destroy Gundam

I've been pretty busy with Fallout New Vegas. Really fun game with all the additions they put in.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
blind_dead_mcjones

playing vanquish, it is so bad its good, everything about it plays all the western cliches to the point that i can't tell if its a parody or not, the sliding mechanic is interesting though, plus i find it awesome that the melee attack for your suit of powered armour is essentally the god finger (could do without the quick time events though)

also, your fighting inside a space colony, which is a nice change of setting compared to most sci fi shooters
Flag Fighter for life!
mcred23

I got Call of Duty Black Ops last night at midnight. I just finished the single player mode, which is very fun, although I wasn't too crazy about the story. Seemed to leave a bit unexplained at points, but it did have some nice connections to World at War, which I liked. But, the story really is secondary to it being fun, which is really is. Also, the new zombie mode... well, the premise of it is awesome and hilarious. :mrgreen:

Haven't had a chance to crack into multiplayer yet, but that'll be taken care of shortly. 8)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Bonesy!

I play stuff here, there, and everywhere. Highlights include SRW MX, Dragon Quest 9, and possibly some Pokemon Platinum.
sheryl_baver

Fallout New Vegas..Best Bethesda game ever..Great graphics..Love the companions quest.. :D
Hyakushiki

Gran Turismo 5, the prettiest game on the PS3 to date and the best entry so far in the series, a must own for car enthusiasts.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Mu La Flaga

Super Robot Wars/Taisen L.
That arrived today and have started to play it a little already.
Zeonic Glory

Picked up Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage today for the PS3. I had no idea they ported it over here, so I got it as soon as I saw it. I've only played it a little so far, but the faithful-to-the-80's violence and the stunning attack chains make for quite a fun experience.
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
vindKtiv

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:playing vanquish, it is so bad its good, everything about it plays all the western cliches to the point that i can't tell if its a parody or not, the sliding mechanic is interesting though, plus i find it awesome that the melee attack for your suit of powered armour is essentally the god finger (could do without the quick time events though)

also, your fighting inside a space colony, which is a nice change of setting compared to most sci fi shooters
I tried Vanquish for like an hour at a friends house. I skipped all the cutscenes so the only thing I know about the story is that it is bad... and you have a suit. It was ridiculously hard. I played on casual mode and had trouble taking down the first boss. I never died, but I don't even want to imagine how hard the game is on a harder difficulty. Apparently, my friend beat the game on Very Hard.

Gameplay wise, I was kinda meh about it. The gameplay focused on style with plenty of slow-mo action seemed really cool at first, just like you would imagine it, but in the end it is just Gears of War. I found all the jet-pack and slow-mo to be more gimmicks than substantial points of gameplay. The game really did nothing innovative. That's just my opinion, coming from a PC gamer who is more into C-S than CoD though.
Mu La Flaga

Goldeneye 007 the DS port of the game.
It's a little buggy to me, I prefer the N64 version.

ANYWAY also got Mech Assualt one of the DS games to try how that handles on DS.
Yazan Gable

I've been playing Victoria II, Evil Genius, Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!, Day of Defeat: Source, Left 4 Dead 2, and Mobile Suit Gundam 0081 all about equally.
I'm going to violate you.