What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

Nothing too different from the previous two other than new content. I still decided to play since I like the Shaolin Soccer-ish elements. The actual soccer part takes a little getting used to for new players but it is fun to do once you get the hang of it.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Mickeymac92

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Nothing too different from the previous two other than new content. I still decided to play since I like the Shaolin Soccer-ish elements. The actual soccer part takes a little getting used to for new players but it is fun to do once you get the hang of it.

Cool, thanks. Might look into that game someday, though I'd have to import.

Anyways, I just got Dynasty Warriors 7 and Golden Sun.
Mu La Flaga

Got Mario 3D Land for Christmas, so I finally made a start on that.
NastyNate

I got Homefront, Medal of Honor, Sonic Generations, and Transformers War For cybertron for christmas. Been mostly playing Sonic story and Homefront multiplayer.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
SlowTurtle

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim other thn tht been going back an doing another run through on Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
zerogradius

Just got my hands on Call of Duty: MW 3. Best FPS I've played in a while.
mcred23

After beating Saints Row: The Third (Which was insanely awesome, FYI), I threw some Christmas money into getting Battlefield 3. Campaign mode was fun but kinda bland in terms of story (Not that I expect much story from modern FPS games anyway). Multiplayer, however, is typical of the Battlefield franchise and very fun, although after not playing them for years (Since Battlefield Vietnam, really) and spending the last few years mainly on Call of Duty (Which is a very different style of multiplayer), it's been a bit of an odd readjustment for me. The only real gripe I have about the game is the controls for the aircraft in multiplayer (Both normal planes and helicopters) are very tricky to learn (Particularly compared to many other games), and there really is no way to practice or try the controls outside of the multiplayer games themselves, so it's kind of annoying to have myself (And other players) crashing or flying around away from the action trying to figure out how to turn or some such stuff. :roll:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
YokozunaBulldozer

Mega Man ZX, Tecmo Bowl Throwback, King Of Fighters xiii, Crazy Taxi
SlowTurtle

Just picked up collecters editions of Soul Calibur V and Final Fantasy XII-2. Can't wait to get off work and kick butt online. Both games are for the PS3 btw.
Last edited by SlowTurtle on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
Outlaw

Picked up Soul Calibur V. Between the tweeked gameplay and the removal of every character I could possibly have mained it's been rough going. On the flip side the character editor is great! I might just end up in a creativity induced coma.

A lot of people are pissed at the lack of single player content, and there's a rumor going around that the development team was forced to push out the game in less than a year (a tidbit conveniently ommited from your average review). If true, I'm actually impressed with what they were able to accomplish in such a short time frame.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
SlowTurtle

Picked up kingdom of amalur:reckoning so far a pretty smooth wrpg. Just started yesterday so more to come.
YokozunaBulldozer

Time killers:
King Of Fighters XIII
Mega Man 10
Saints Row III
Metal Slug III

Games I am slowly playing:
Skyrim
Inazuma Eleven 3
2nd Super Robot Wars Z Hakai Hen
Arbiter GUNDAM

So i just played the Mass Effect 3 demo and..... as Natsu Dragneel would say: I'M ALL FIRED UP!!! KICK SOME REAPER @$$!!! YEAH!!!
Seriously, it was pretty fun but I think for long time ME fans it'll take getting used to. I think they applied a little too much rule of cool to the interfaces.

Also the Reaper invasion kinda reminded me of the ELS invasion from the end of the 00 movie a bit. Except the Reapers are definitely evil.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SlowTurtle

Agree with Arbiter the Mass Effect 3 Demo was Kick @$$ indeed. Can't wait until 03-06-2012.
Mu La Flaga

Haven't posted in a while, got a few 3DS games and 1-2 PSP games lately.
So my pile grows as I slowly trudge through 1-2 games before I get to my games.

SRW Z2 is taking priority right now anyway.
quasadra

disagree on the Mass Effect Demo. i was hoping to get a sneek peek on the weapon customization. but apparently it is not available in the demo. and i also wasnt impressed that i was stuck with a shotgun when im trying to play as an infiltrator... i know all this will be fixed in the full game, but it certainly didnt demonstrate anything that i wanted to know.

that said, i will get it eventually. just that im not impressed with whats been shown so far...
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Katan

I really liked the Mass Effect 3 demo especial the Multiplayer part was better than i thougt so iam really looking forward to the full game

I finished today with Syndicate its not too bad but also not so good as well but i would prefer deus ex 3 over Syndicate
blind_dead_mcjones

over the last few months i've been playing:

- battlefield 3: i'l agree with mcred that learning how to fly the helicopters is difficult given how they tend to drift a lot, (you know just like in real life) combined with it being damn hard to get access to one before someone else on your team does but once you figure it out its quite fun
- mass effect 2
- mass effect 3 demo: amazing doesn't come close to describing it, can't wait for the full release.
- deus ex human revolution: twas alright, except for those damned boss fights, plus the much hyped 'multiple ways of playing it' thing turned out to be a red herring, oh and the sudden shift to fight off pseudo zombie hordes near the end was..jarring, to put it nicely
- saints row the third: what mcred said, insanely awesome.
quasadra wrote:disagree on the Mass Effect Demo. i was hoping to get a sneek peek on the weapon customization. but apparently it is not available in the demo. and i also wasnt impressed that i was stuck with a shotgun when im trying to play as an infiltrator... i know all this will be fixed in the full game, but it certainly didnt demonstrate anything that i wanted to know.

that said, i will get it eventually. just that im not impressed with whats been shown so far...
oh the showcasing for the weapons customisation is there, you just have to play the multiplayer part to get access to it

that said its pretty standard fare for weapon mods in shooting games, there are two slots for accomodating the modifications, extended barrels increase damage, scopes provide some zoom and provide a small accuracy boost, chokes make the spread of shotgun rounds more tightly grouped (shotguns also get bayonet add-ons as well), extended ammo is pretty self explainatory, and theres also an add-on that increasses the weapons stability.
Flag Fighter for life!
quasadra

from what you said, it is pretty standard. i prefer not to play multiplayer unless its co-op for my games. but i'll will get a copy and take a look myself eventually.

meanwhile, my copy of Armored Core V has arrived... and for some reason unknown to me, i cant get server data on the PSN. until i figure it out, im stuck in offline mode(not that i mind anyway).
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
blind_dead_mcjones

quasadra wrote:from what you said, it is pretty standard. i prefer not to play multiplayer unless its co-op for my games. but i'll will get a copy and take a look myself eventually.
uhhh..when you say co-op do you mean co-op campaign, or a co-op mode in general?
reason i ask is because mass effect 3's multiplayer is co-op
Flag Fighter for life!