What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
blind_dead_mcjones

Re: What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

PSP ports of the metal slug anthology and metal slug XX
Flag Fighter for life!
gottaloveblue

Right in the middle of Mass effect 2 and loving the heck out of it and this is coming from a guy who found the first one unplayable with the retarded tank thing and the broken combat. I'm glad they redid the combat engine so now I can't stop playing. But I' still a little sad because now I'm defiantly not going to ever come back to the first so I am missing out on a lot off the story.
Mu La Flaga

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:PSP ports of the metal slug anthology and metal slug XX
The PSP port has horrible lag compared to the PS2 version.
vindKtiv

Mu La Flaga wrote:
blind_dead_mcjones wrote:PSP ports of the metal slug anthology and metal slug XX
The Wii version of MS: Anthology was rather enjoyable. The motion controls sucked but playing with a regular controller was great.

I'm currently playing FF:X-2. Next up: FF:XII and after that: Kingdom Hearts series. I'm set till my senior year of college.
Furious Rodimus

I picked up Super NES versions of Super Castlevania IV, and Super Metroid. As well for my PSP I picked up Final Fantasy II, Dracula X Chronicles. Good games all around. I also got castlevania NES and Bigfoot for NES as well. Castlevania is hard and Bigfoot is pure nostalgia on my part despite the ridiculous drag racing mechanic.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
blind_dead_mcjones

Mu La Flaga wrote:
meh, finding the PS2 version of either is an impossibility over here so i'l just have to deal

thanks for the heads up though
Flag Fighter for life!
Bonesy!

Well there isn't a PS2 version of XX/7 which makes me sad. XX is the definitive version of 7, though.
Mu La Flaga

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:
meh, finding the PS2 version of either is an impossibility over here so i'l just have to deal

thanks for the heads up though
Yeah for Metal Slug Anthology I got REALLY lucky finding a copy of it in Target for $30 AU it was the last one there and I just grabbed it.

I really was surprised with the difference.
I would suggest trying ebay maybe if you really wanted to.
Fortunately there isn't one for XX/7 obviously.
Third Child

Crackdown 2, which has got me proving why i still rule in getting Agility Orbs and discovering my new talent in clearing out Freak Lairs.
Propellant

Not counting the games I've replayed at my uncle's house,Vanquish.

Vanquish is a pretty cool game that takes your standard cover-shooter formula and induces it with faster pace,agressive play and more SHMUP-like dynamic.Awesome.
vindKtiv wrote: I found all the jet-pack and slow-mo to be more gimmicks than substantial points of gameplay.
Can't agree.Both are just too darn useful to be gimmicks.

I too,initially,felt like Boost was a gimmick(not slow-mo though),until it started saving my arse from volleys of missiles,allowing me to flank enemies,quickly getting me to the enemy weakpoints/desired cover,closing me in on enemies for melee and generally being of unequalled use in any situation that requires mobility,as well as opening up new tactical options.
Wilks Waldwika

Europa Universalis III: Heir to the Throne, Victoria II, Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi, Arsenal of Democracy, and Mount & Blades Warband.

EU3, Vicky II, and AoD are pretty straightforward. HOI3: SF I'm still getting the hang of. MB: WB, though I've been mainly focusing on, I got a mod for it pretty much the first day I played it since the mod came so highly recommended.
Turinu

Just got Halo Reach in yesterday cheap, along with a cheap 12-month subscription (Both with free shipping). Just had to get it then otherwise I'd have to pay $60 for both at the local gamestop plus tax. Good stuff.
quasadra

got Demon's Souls(The Best edition) and No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise in the bargain bin for like, half the price yesterday. Demon's Souls in particular is ridiculously fun exactly because its hard. and i wasn't sure i should buy this or not, turns out that it is now one of my favorite game on the PS3.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Outlaw

quasadra wrote:Demon's Souls in particular is ridiculously fun exactly because its hard.
Great game, I actually found that most of the difficulty was in learning how the game wants(?) to be played. If you can get into the groove it becomes much easier, though some parts will always be painful.

In other news: my brother picked up Dead Space 2, and Two Worlds 2 while I got Little Big Planet 2. Haven't picked up Dead Space yet and Two Worlds is shaping up so far, so good despite some points of uneven difficulty. LBP2 is, well... drool
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Mr Bushido

Got Dead Space 2 last week and man this game is freaky. But definitely a good sequel to the first. Isaac needs a long vacation after this game.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
blind_dead_mcjones

grabbed killzone 3 (helghast edition) and copy of front mission evolved that was going cheap earlier today
Flag Fighter for life!
mcred23

I got a used copy of The Saboteur on Monday and I'm really enjoying it. Gotta love the various ways one can do harm to Nazis. :mrgreen:
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ydawg314

just started SD Gundam G Generation World Wii
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
FordR

My latest "game" was actually the Thief Collection which I nabbed on sale from Amazon, after I finish prototype (almost done) I'll start going through the game that reportedly "got stealth mechanics right."
AKA- TheTrueYup
blind_dead_mcjones

well, i've played gran turismo 5...and i can't really say i'm impressed, the cars don't feel any different from previous versions of the series and it has some of the most asinine design choices i've ever seen, doesn't really feel like a racing game to be honest, it feels like it was made purely for car anoraks.

killzone 3 is great, definately a worthy sequel to killzone 2, refined the weighted weapons a bit, added some new stuff (nice to the melee kill animations from the first game make a return too)

front mission evolved has surprised me a little, yes the story is a bit lacking and the player character is as bland and generic as they come, but the combat is reasonably solid and some of the supporting cast make up for the lead guys blandness (like the blonde OCU guy for example (i forget his name) though i could be biased in that regard due to him being australian)
Flag Fighter for life!