Question about the Dom in Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Gatx

Question about the Dom in Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam

There has to be a lot of you that have played this game right? So basically my question is about the Dom and Rick Dom. What the hell does its subweapon do? It's like this flashlight thing. I assume it has something to do with the way the Jet Stream Attack starts in the anime, but I can't figure out how its supposed to be used in the game.
Dark Duel

Re: Question about the Dom in Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam

All I can tell you is that that's the Dom/Rick Dom's pathetically weak scattering beam gun. IIRC, it's a low-caliber beam gun that's too weak to do much damage, and only really useful as a makeshift flash grenade.
Mark(toysdream) could tell you more.

Take it from a guy who's played the entire game through twice: It's really pretty much useless in game.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mu La Flaga

I think got it wrong there Dark Duel.
He refers to that move which makes your Dom unit glow when activated.
I have no idea myself actually.

I just stick to the rocket launcher and beam sword.
AmuroNT1

All the scattering beam gun does is stagger anything that's immediately in front of you. The best use I can think of is melee defense if you don't have the time to pull out your heat saber.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Calubin_175

I think it is only useful against human players, unless the move was programmed to hinder the opponent in some way as well.

The best depiction of this weapon was in Zeonic Front, where it drops the enemy's radar alert levels to blue.
Enileph

I would like to see how the scattering beam gun is effective in universe though. Obviously it does not do barely any damage to an MS other than confusing the sensors... but is it powerful enough to kill human meatbags?
2NA Fish

The Dom's beam thingie is best used to extend combos.

Instead of doing

Jump, air melee, 1 hit ground melee follow-up

you can do

Jump, air melee, scatter beam, full 3 hit ground melee combo.

The difference in damage is quite noticeable.

The move that makes the Dom glow is not from Gundam vs Zeta, but from OMNI vs ZAFT 2. That one is the Dom Trooper's Screaming Nimbus, which makes you immune to beam weapons from the front, allowing you to run right through any beam rifle attacks or even the Destroy Gundam's giant gero-beam. I don't have to say anything more about how useful that one is.