Another Century's Episode R

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
DuelGundam2099

Re: Another Century's Episode R

Also worth noting, apparently Aquarion will get all its alternate pilots available for Pilot Change.
That isn't surprising because it's got a good nine pilots, ten if you count Glen although he's more for an Assault Type Aquarion.
-Chase Mode: At certain points, the game will go into a sort of rail shooter-type mode where the player has a degree of camera control. This is mandated by the game and usually segues into an event or boss battle.
I see this working especially for Macross Zero parts; wonder if the Bird Human would end up as a said boss 'cause with it's beam spamming it would be a pretty good one.
Deathonator

The tension with the change pilot feature makes me wonder if switching pilots will change the special attack made available.
ZeroBusterXX

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010 ... agazine-4/

Our first look at the original mecha and pilot.

It looks kinda like a fat Vic Viper.
quasadra

i spy a SV-51 :mrgreen: . no comment on the originals. they will collect dust in the hanger after the first mission anyway :P .
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Amadi Akintunde

Looks like a Vic Viper Star Destroyer.
PhineBuyM3

That original somewhat reminds me of a transformer, except it actually looks cool.
Mattokaiser

The Star Destroyer battleship gets my stamp of approval. I also really like the design of the mecha. It sorta reminds me of some of the mecha designs found in the Xenogears/saga games. I think I will actually use the originals this time in ACE.

However I'm not a big fan of the original character. She doesn't come off looking that good to me. Maybe her personality will make up for her lacking character design. Now I have a suspicion that there will be more originals being announced soon.
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
halo1000

Mattokaiser wrote:I think I will actually use the originals this time in ACE.
What was wrong with the Exblau in 3? I used it loads, and I thought the Cloud Breaker in the first ACE was pretty good.
quasadra

nothing is wrong with it, just it doesnt shine when compare with the rest of the roster. i never touch it since the first mission in the first play through. though do i unlock its limiter in the 3rd play :wink: .
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Mattokaiser

quasadra wrote:nothing is wrong with it, just it doesnt shine when compare with the rest of the roster. i never touch it since the first mission in the first play through. though do i unlock its limiter in the 3rd play :wink: .
Yeah that was pretty much what happened with me. I found that after the first mission of the game I started to use all the anime mecha. I still haven't gone back and used it since the first mission. ACE 3 just had a huge roster, theres so many units that I like and still haven't used.
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
DuelGundam2099

So a TV commercial has been released some time ago. It's not much but there's a bit with White Zeta Gundam at the end if anyone's interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0hONg5znQA

You'd think they would release some game play footage by this time to show off the new original, but I guess not.
AmuroNT1

The White Zeta thing at the end is just re-iterating the whole pre-order bonus thing.

I think they're saving all the gameplay footage for PV2, which is scheduled to hit approximately the 20th of this month.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
AmuroNT1

So, the second PV was previewed at an event in Japan today, and will hit the net tomorrow. It's apparently 12-15 minutes long.

And on the blog, director Terada announced that there will be OG characters in the game. Specifically we'll be getting Ryusei in the R-1, Kyosuke in Alteisen Reise, Masaki in Cybaster, and Mai in the ART-1 (the PV actually shows Alt fighting the ART-1). No word if there'll be any plot involvement or if they're just bonuses (bonii?) like half the cast of ACE3 was.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Mu La Flaga

I heard about this from a mate just recently (yep he comes on here and very much in to SRW and ACE ect)
Needless to say methinks this is interesting they are connecting SRW and ACE in that sense.
ZeroBusterXX

AmuroNT1 wrote:So, the second PV was previewed at an event in Japan today, and will hit the net tomorrow. It's apparently 12-15 minutes long.

And on the blog, director Terada announced that there will be OG characters in the game. Specifically we'll be getting Ryusei in the R-1, Kyosuke in Alteisen Reise, Masaki in Cybaster, and Mai in the ART-1 (the PV actually shows Alt fighting the ART-1). No word if there'll be any plot involvement or if they're just bonuses (bonii?) like half the cast of ACE3 was.
Here's a pic of said PV.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/909/656570.jpg

It's a little small, but you can clearly see the ART-1 and the Alt on the screen with the A.C.E. logo right there.
Deathonator

Someone uploaded a version of it captured on camera, Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUBhFctgPz4
AmuroNT1

Gentlemen, behold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z4MRPKdwtw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiiczQBLaYk

Also, a correction to the earlier comment: Mai and the R-1 aren't in the game. Ryusei uses the ART-1.

abrahamsen0

Anybody know of a good site to pre-order this from?
AmuroNT1

I pre-ordered from Play Asia, which is where I've ordered all my import games. They've never done me wrong so far, so I highly recommend them.

abrahamsen0

Yeah I've been eyeing them for a while. I've heard that web site brought up alot in talk. I'll try them out. THANKs