Armored Core V

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Re: Armored Core V

Okay, we're up to 560k team points now. Did that by myself. x,x Yeah, that means I earned 360k points, 5k at a time. I started doing the type of Invasion where you do damage by price. It goes slightly faster and pays better in Au, but seems to stay at a static point award of 5100 so far. Can't seem to get a higher multiplier.

So, we should have some territories going over to MoH's control between 6am and 10am (Central). We should do Conquest at about that time or close to that time. If the top teams in Mining Sector are below 100k and 60k, that means we're okay, but if they're above that, it means they took advantage of the territories I freed again.

Please guys, I don't want to do Conquest with a bunch of dirty mercs. I want to take that area and be proud that we did it as a team.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
mobiusdiablo

Sorry people been busy and haven't really had the motivation lately. Is everyone still hanging or is the multiplayer a ghost town?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Seraphic

I've been busy with Valkyrie Profile 2 and upcoming finals, so I haven't logged in lately. I hear weekends are busier because that's when the online bosses are available to fight. We need a team rating of 2 to be able to fight all of them. I probably won't log in under my own volition until summer break, but if we plan something ahead I will get on to help. Just let me know.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

mobiusdiablo

Same here, life's gotten in the way of things, and Ace Combat as well. Friggin bull*** maneuvers. Wouldn't mind hopping back on if there was a good reason to.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Seraphic

We got the patch. =o
-Antares

Toxicity

Does that mean that there's reason now to use something other than battle rifles and gatling guns?
Seraphic

I haven't done much experimentation myself yet, but the patch appears to be what was 1.02 on the JP servers, and it at least makes certain common designs not overpowered as they were. For instance, gatlings, shotguns, and pulse guns were nerfed, and all arms had their firing stability reduced.

Pulse MGs are now useable, and from my passing examination of the merc ranking list, many people are using rifles. I didn't get to test all my old schematics yet, but for some reason I can't seem to land any hits with my dual shotgun build, as the blasts always go off at wild angles. Very annoying.

Should I expect to see any of you out there? I cleared the team of people who seemed to just join on their first day and quit. Also, I'd like some help getting to rank 2 again so we have access to all the online bosses. I still haven't been able to participate in any Conquest battles with any of you yet.
-Antares

zetagundam12

is anyone on this game still active?
Toxicity

I no longer have access to a PS3, so I'm effectively done with the game, but I'd quit playing regularly well before that anyways.
VR7

I kind of got bored with the game primarily due to the lack of parts. (i.e. Add Boosters) A lot of the DLC (I'm assuming Japanese only, maybe I'll check and verify this) I saw was just stuff like classic Armored Core emblems, uniquely painted parts with not much more than cosmetic differences, and new garage backdrops.
-noel
raijinz

Sup, I've been a casual fan of AC since the first game on PSOne, but never could get very far in them on single player.

I'm interested in getting ACV for my PS3 this Christmas, but I have a few questions about the difficulty and online community:

A. How active is online on this game at the mo? Is it only active over the weekend?

B. How helpful is the community to newcomers/noobs?

C. How far am I likely to get on my own online and offline without help?

Thanks in advance.
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Toxicity

I couldn't tell you how well the PS3 community is doing as I've not played in many months. I glance through /vg/ occasionally for the Mechwarrior Online and Eve online threads and I've not seen any ACV threads recently.

The AC community is generally pretty tight knit and most folks will happily answer most of your questions.

ACV's online/offline is pretty intwined. All the story and order missions can be ran either solo or you can invite other players (either in your squad or hiring mercs) for help if you're connected to PSN, and you can fight either squads for territory of the world (for lack of my being able to remember if there's an official name for the world map screen).

The story and order missions themselves are pretty easy in my opinion, at least they were back at release when you could rape everything with battle rifles and gatlings. Hopefully the west finally got a patch in recent months to make thermal weapons worth a damn.
raijinz

Toxicity wrote:I couldn't tell you how well the PS3 community is doing as I've not played in many months. I glance through /vg/ occasionally for the Mechwarrior Online and Eve online threads and I've not seen any ACV threads recently.

The AC community is generally pretty tight knit and most folks will happily answer most of your questions.

ACV's online/offline is pretty intwined. All the story and order missions can be ran either solo or you can invite other players (either in your squad or hiring mercs) for help if you're connected to PSN, and you can fight either squads for territory of the world (for lack of my being able to remember if there's an official name for the world map screen).

The story and order missions themselves are pretty easy in my opinion, at least they were back at release when you could rape everything with battle rifles and gatlings. Hopefully the west finally got a patch in recent months to make thermal weapons worth a damn.
Thanks for the advice! I ended up getting the game second-hand yesterday.

Anyone know if there are any free slots on the MAHQ team? Failing that, can anyone recommend a good team to join?
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
ProfessorMecha

I tried it for a few days and... I really find it lacking compared to AC 4 and 4A, I just feel like it's not nearly as easy to get into, the campaign is awful, and the only cool part I enjoyed were the super weapons. I don't know maybe I just didn't get into it enough.
madison11

Advice me a super weapon that is fit to my battle this coming summer. Any suggestions?
I wanna bring this all the time “blow gun
CELTICMUTT7

madison11 wrote:Advice me a super weapon that is fit to my battle this coming summer. Any suggestions?
ALL UW ARE GOOD FOR BATTLE GIGAMISSLE SUBCOMP SNIPER BUILDS ARE VIABLE AS WELL AS THE OP LEGION PULSE W ENERGY AMPS
INSERT WHITTY REMARK
CELTICMUTT7

Is there a mahq team ps3? If not 89th tank would love to be your posterboy
INSERT WHITTY REMARK
CELTICMUTT7

Am unable to get on b/c my ps3 is in transit but you can contact st_redalert_st and tell him kelt sent you from a forum and we'll set you up n get you playing decent yeam name: 89th tank division. 89th is cross game we have our hands in killzone 3, dust 514, and other games
INSERT WHITTY REMARK