Armored Core V

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Turinu

Re: Armored Core 5 announced.

Most, if not all of us will be playing on the PS3, so I think you're safe.

My PSN ID is "Turinu"; Seraphic already has it, but I don't know about anyone else.

As for logos... they finally brought back the ability to make them ourselves? I might have to remake my Firebird logo from Formula Front...
mobiusdiablo

Yeah, sent friend requests to you guys (sorry for taking the initiative :P), my PSN name's the same as my Mechatalk, Mobiusdiablo, though I'm thinking it's high time I shifted over to a more recent username.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
VR7

Shori wrote:I might have to remake my Firebird logo from Formula Front...
Firebird? :P

The ability to make your own logo was always there. The system the use in ACV is the exact same one from AC4/ACfA, except more layers and parts are now available which allows for more freedom.

My PSN ID is "Noel Shourai".
-noel
mobiusdiablo

VR7 wrote:Firebird? :P

The ability to make your own logo was always there. The system the use in ACV is the exact same one from AC4/ACfA, except more layers and parts are now available which allows for more freedom.

My PSN ID is "Noel Shourai".
Hey, that's a good an emblem as any :P And is that with or without spaces?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
VR7

Without spaces, so it's "NoelShourai". No idea why I put the space, sorry 'bout that.
-noel
mobiusdiablo

Not a problem, sent invite to you.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Turinu

Actually, it was more Firebird as in Pontiac Firebird, though that one works too.

I didn't like the one in Armored Core 4/4A because I couldn't work on it pixel by pixel. :<
mobiusdiablo

Ah, like the older games? When I was 14 and somehow beat Armored Core 2, I didn't care for that system.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Whelp, I'm off to a good start. First thing I did was take a f*cking grind blade to the face.... Didn't know it could lunge forward like that....or that far.

I created the MAHQ team. PW is mech.

See you there! =D
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
mobiusdiablo

Seraphic wrote:Whelp, I'm off to a good start. First thing I did was take a f*cking grind blade to the face.... Didn't know it could lunge forward like that....or that far.

I created the MAHQ team. PW is mech.

See you there! =D
Damn, I thought I got home first :twisted: Oh well... I'm installing now so I'll be joining you shortly... or I can just use PSN
From 00 S2 ep 25

Toxicity

I've got the game too and joined the MAHQ team. My roomate got a head start on it while I was asleep, so I guess we'll be using his stupidly named account - arkangel9000 or some crap. :?
mobiusdiablo

Well apparently there's a server issue that screws over anyone that tries to do the story missions. WTF mates.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Seraphic

Yeah, I saw some people join the team that I didn't recognize, so I guess that was you guys. In fact, I'm not recognizing quite a few people. They're lurkers, I guess?

With parts and story mode not working, all I really have access to right now is ordered missions, and it's kind of sad to do without being able to buy all the parts you unlock. =/

Also, we need to take over a territory and put MAHQ on the map. I kind of like that coastal area where Mechaverse is sitting right now. =3
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Toxicity

Apparently I can make a seperate profile from my roomate and still get all the bonus parts from his preorder, so I've done so and joined the team on my own name, Xesle.
Seraphic

Okay, I think I've figured some things out. The reason we can't buy parts online is because the online parts have the growth/leveling modifiers, and this data is server-related. If you sign out of psn, you can play the offline game where the parts are not modified, and there are no problems.

I'll also report that your offline and online mission progress are separate. Ugh, what a wasted morning trying to unlock parts. So, it looks like I'll be going through the entire offline first before you guys see me. Let me know if there is something that needs to come to my attention.
-Antares

VR7

Your mission progress is separate, but your ACs, parts in you garage, emblems, money, etc., will remain consistent both offline and online.

Also, online mission progress is linked to the whole team, so if you reach team level 50, anyone who joins your team will have access to all the parts in the game except for Overed Weapons, regardless of whether or not he/she is new to the game.

Also I'm hearing not very nice things about the localized Armored Core V, the complete opposite of the positive scores it was getting in Japanese, so that is hurting my chances of getting it in English.
-noel
Turinu

Just got it a good hour ago. Letting it install while my mom watches her soap operas on the big screen in the living room, then will jump on after that. Maybe sometime around eight o' clock if I'm lucky. D:

Save a spot for me on the team~!

As for those two links you posted, VR, the things they cover are just the gameplay elements, which are the same as those in Japan. You can't exactly deny Armored Core is pretty repetitive, though; blow things up with a giant robot is about all it's got going for it. They haven't touched online multiplayer in their reviews yet, though; where the bulk of the game is enjoyed.
VR7

The issue isn't that they don't like the game so much as that generally negative reception from professional reviewers may discourage people from buying the game and aggrandizing my concern that the Western fanbase will either be really tiny or non-existent. I don't think this would have been much of an issue if cross-region play was allowed.
-noel
mobiusdiablo

Seraphic wrote:Yeah, I saw some people join the team that I didn't recognize, so I guess that was you guys. In fact, I'm not recognizing quite a few people. They're lurkers, I guess?

With parts and story mode not working, all I really have access to right now is ordered missions, and it's kind of sad to do without being able to buy all the parts you unlock. =/

Also, we need to take over a territory and put MAHQ on the map. I kind of like that coastal area where Mechaverse is sitting right now. =3
I'll be with you, once I stop having a splitting headache.

And c'mon vr7! Yeah, there may not be that many of us, but at least you'll be playing with bros you know, right? You said yourself the multiplayer over on your side was kinda small too IIRC. Oh, and how do I get the Heavy Armor pack or whatever they were advertising at Gamestop?
From 00 S2 ep 25

VR7

Japanese online is actually decently populated, when I meant desolate I was referring to just my team consisting of me and one other friend. :P

Also just a note about pre-order DLC, anything you get in them you can eventually unlock in-game. If you do have a code, you have to enter it via your PSN account settings or XBL marketplace code entry.
-noel