Armored Core V

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
VR7

Re: Armored Core 5 announced.

It's not really a rock/paper/scissors or luck thing. Maybe it is between different leg types, but not really between armor types.

If you use scan mode and press RT/R2 while targeting an AC, you will see that AC's stats, including the type of weapons he uses, his AP, mobility and his defense stats. If your scan capability is not that great, (takes too long to scan the enemy, etc.) you will just have to guess based on the type of parts he looks like he has equipped, since it's easy to guess how chassis parts affect defense based on their appearance. (i.e. TE parts are sleek and round, KE parts are blocky, CE parts are kind of wide and angular) Or if you have a teammate with a good scanning head, he/she can probably scan the enemy for you.

Generally defense is just an afterthought to me, because damage racing is virtually non-existent in this game. It takes less than a few seconds to mow down even a heavy or tank AC, given that an AC does absolutely nothing to defend itself, evade or escape. It's also safe to assume that a decent AC will have access to all three weapon types, so it isn't a matter of being lucky enough to have the right counter at the right time. At best, defense will protect you from non-AC type targets and lets you survive just a little longer when facing another AC.

If you want reliable defense, you probably are going to end up with a slight affinity towards one type of weapon while having decent defense in other areas, which I would assume is safer than trying to specialize in a particular defense type or trying to maximize defense all the way just so you can tank an enemy who looks like he only uses dual standard rifles or something.

Having high defense towards a particular area will make most conventional weapons in that category "ineffective" in that they do the least amount of damage compared to other weapon types; but no amount of defense will protect you from kicking, heat piles, kinetic blades, laser blades and Overed Weapons, all of which can shave off at least half of your AP or even kill you outright if you aren't watching out for them.

Something I forgot to add:
Spoiler
There are about 83 Order missions. Order missions extremely short, much like missions in AC4 and ACfA. Combine the story mode of ACV with the Order missions and the game's overall length is the same as any Armored Core game, except that V is way more flexible in letting you do missions on a whim than previous games were.

This was probably already discussed in some detail, but new to Armored Core V are Emergency Missions. These are four-player boss battle missions in a similar vein to Monster Hunter style missions. These will show up randomly and you need intrude points (complete Intrude matches) in order to access them. You can also hire mercenaries if you don't have enough players. Defeating the bosses gets you things like team titles, maybe one or two Overed Weapons, or just a sense of satisfaction. They have a lot of health and can one-shot any and every AC, so it is recommended to come with four people at once.

Here are some examples of the missions:
  • Defeat two large warships. The ships have a lot of AP, and a Phalanx CIWS system to stunlock ACs and knock them out of weapons firing range. They can fire rockets that are one-hit kills, as well as vertical missiles that are (highly) explosive and also one-shot kill.
  • Defeat a spider-like Arms Fort thing. This is a harder version of the Arms Fort-esque boss you encounter in the story mode. Unlike the story mode version, its has multiple weak spots rather than just one per leg, but only one spot is vulnerable at a time. Also, most of the time the thing would rather spam lasers and missiles rather than use its main weapons, which leaves you with very few windows to destroy their weak spots.
  • Defeat Ali-Al Saachez. This is a souped up version of Saachez's Aretha-esque AC from the story mode with multiple large laser cannons and a Primal Armor-like shield. When he uses the lasers the first few times, he flies around in a circle slicing a giant beam of death along the ground; touching it is obviously a one-hit kill. At half of his AP, he starts doing a spinning laser dance which is basically the same thing, except with multiple lasers.
There are several more but I have yet to try them.
-noel
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

From some of the gameplay I've seen, it seems that pulse machineguns are very common for builds who want to maximize DPS, so I was a little surprised to hear you say they were weak. Still, I'm highly, highly disappointed that there aren't more MGs in the game. The gatlings are too heavy, and what the hell am I going to do with that much ammo? Jesus.

What do you make of the interface and visibility in general? I think visibility is awful in this game with all the visual effects of the guns and the glitching effect on your 3rd person camera. I mean, you get caught in some auto-cannon fire and you're completely blinded by your camera constantly glitching and from all the tracer rounds.

I haven't seen many people go for CE hand weapons, though. I liked the battle rifles in the demo.

You know, I'm so broke I don't even know I'll be able to afford this game at launch, let alone dinner tomorrow. Man, and I was thinking of getting that new Tales game, too, in hopes it would encourage Namco to bring over Xillia.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Turinu

Fortunately my birthday was in February, so I've saved up enough money for Mass Effect 3 tonight, Tales of Graces F on the 13th and Armored Core V on the 20th. My March is going to be a March of Games, =D.

From the gameplay I've seen the GUI does seem a bit cluttered, but nothing I haven't seen before. Also, I've been getting a Metal Wolf Chaos vibe whenever I see an AC bust out one of its overed weapons for some reason. P:
VR7

so much brain dump

Actually, visibility is one of my main complaints with the game--namely screen contrast problems. In certain areas with bright skies or lights, scan mode is ineffective because most of the data you can get from scanning other targets blends right in with the sky, making it impossible to read without doing something; like jumping just so that the data gets imposed on a darker background like the pavement.

On that note, another main complaint I have with the game is the online connectivity. You must always be online in order to play the game properly, and I've been disconnected several times now from the game's server. When this happens, I have to restart the entire game rather than let it reconnect on its own, because the game likes to restore the original game balance data from the disk rather than from server-side.

I also don't like how the camera puts you behind a random shoulder of your AC, and the game likes to alternate between shoulders depending on how you move rather than use a button to switch shoulder views. It would be nice if I could play the game from a first person view, like MechWarrior or Silent Line.

I've never had problems with the glitching effects whenever you get hit, I always just assume it's because my AC is so fragile and unstable.

The main HUD takes some time to get used to compared to AC4/fA, but I guess it's more visually appealing than the AC4 HUD, akin to the PS2 era Armored Core HUDs. The energy gauge is kind of deceptive, though; because for some reason the gauge isn't linear, it tells you that you are draining more energy than you actually are when you quickboost. Oddly, the gauge in scan mode is linear.

I carry a battle rifle as a main weapon. If other people don't favour CE weapons, it's probably because the current line of thinking is to cram lots of CE defense to negate tank weapons. However, I've seen ranked light ACs with lots of TE defense for some reason. I don't know why they would, since that adds way too much weight and energy drain, and leaves little space for equipment.

I initially thought Pulse Machineguns were weak because the first one I played with wasted too much energy while providing little damage per shot. The new one I'm using is way better. Compared to other weapons it still doesn't do much damage per round; but it drains little to no energy, and the high rate of fire and accuracy can still cut down an AC with low thermal energy defense.

I've only played a little bit with gatlings but I didn't like what I saw. They have a lot of ammo, which I guess is good for endurance battles, but it's easier to just bring a 300-400 round standard rifle.

They've never brought over the Tales DS games, or the later Radiant Mythology games.
-noel
Seraphic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QK1Gd1genY

Do you recognize the supposed MGs being used in this video? It could be the gatlings, but they just look and sound so much different, and the ammo is a lot lower than in the demo, though that could just be due to the patch. I remember some other video where some guy is glide boosting over a city 100% of a mission with some MG looking things, but I can't find it again.

Like you, I had a terrible time with the camera choosing a shoulder on its own accord. They could have just centered it like ACfA and let if drift if you QB sideways.

The EN reserve difference might be from scan mode giving you higher EN generation, but I can't really say yet.

Also, do we have replay mode again? =(
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

VR7

Those look like USG-23/H gatlings. Those are the strongest gatling guns in the game in terms of AP damage.

About the HUD, I'm sure it's a visual cue done incorrectly. There is a numerical stat of your EN supply that is both in scan mode and beside your energy gauge. If you quickboost and it drains from 100.00 to 80.00, it will do the same thing in scan mode, just that the regular game HUD makes it look like you are wasting almost half of your entire energy supply. Also, quickboosting when you have less than half of your energy makes it look like you are expending less and less of your energy.

We have a form of replay mode, but it's just map data from an Intrude or Dominion mission. You can only have up to four of them, and they can be "locked" to prevent them from being automatically overwritten, and you can share the data with others, probably teammates. It's too bad they don't have real replays, because watching ACs zip around and climb cities is way more entertaining than PS2 era or AC4 era replays.
-noel
Seraphic

Wow, thanks for that link. For some reason I got the impression that there was only ONE machinegun in the game, the one gatling in the demo which sucked balls, the Lycaenid. (Why did they have to pick names that are so hard to pronounce?) Otherwise, I think I might use the Geneva if the USG didn't outclass it in every way. >,> Overall, it looks like the patch nerfed all the gatlings. I was also hoping there were some CE machineguns, but I guess they don't exist.

But you know what? There are MACHINE PISTOLS in the game now!!! I'm going to fucking use those. Like, 4 of them! This is going to be the best thing ever.... =D

It's terrible that they don't have a proper replay mode still. Looking the map over doesn't seem useful outside of debriefings, and I don't think anyone takes the game that seriously, anyway.

There was something else I was going to bring up, but I just can't remember anymore.
-Antares

VR7

Out of curiosity, are you guys assembling a team together when the game comes out?

I would suggest creating a unified Mecha Talk team just so you guys have a reasonably large group of people to play with rather than splitting into small groups of 2-3; territorial battles are not the only thing that teams can do. There is a practice mode where teammates can play against each other and simulate dominion/intrude missions, you can be hired as a mercenary, take part in co-op emergency missions, etc.. Grinding a single team level together will also grant the whole team access to all the parts in the game rather quickly. You can also share AC blueprints and homemade emblems amongst teammates, I don't think you can do that with players not aligned with your team.

It can be made a public or private (password, invite only, etc.) team. Just saying this because I don't know if I'll be getting the English version, that would depend on if the Western player base is actually populated.

I have my own team in the Japanese version, it's passworded though and very desolate. However, we do have all the parts in the game...

I once tried to do the same thing with a MAHQ clan for MGO, but even Chris didn't like MGS4's online component so that went downhill entirely.
-noel
Toxicity

I'd be up for forming a team. I've already pre-orded my copy of ACV, so as soon as the 20th rolls around I'll be playing.
mobiusdiablo

Got it preordered, can't wait to pop it in. Pity that it's region locked though.

Ditto here, toxicity. MAHQ team ftw.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Turinu

Aye. I'd gladly saddle up with a team. Though I must say I'm way out of practice in Armored Core games, so it'll be awhile before I retrieve any former semblance of my skills (Not that I played much online in 4 and 4A, though. Too many crazy people were on there, >_>).
Toxicity

I'm not too sure how quickly I'll get the hang of ACV either. I'm getting ACV for PS3 which I've not played very many games on, but I played AC4 and ACFA on Xbox, so there's no telling how well I'll adapt.

Also, woot 1200 posts.
mobiusdiablo

I've played FA on PS3 and the only difference I could tell is that the buttons for switching weapons and boosting on Regular-A format were backwards.

As regards to teams, I'm all for it, but I lack a mike (which considering my voice, may very well be a good thing :P)

Edit: Cuz I have very limited info on the game itself (not trying to spoiler myself to oblivion), are there still major differences between weight categories and is it better to be fast or durable? Personally I'd rather stick with a quick light-mid weight, fast enough to dodge, bulky enough to carry the weapons I like. And just for crappers and milk, any builds you guys are using?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Seraphic

Yeah, I'm all for forming a mechatalk team. This is pretty much the largest community of AC vets and experienced players I know, so it'd be silly not to form a team here. We'd probably fill up our 20 slots easily, and maybe I can do some recruiting on my YT channel since I might be doing a Let's Play. I think it'd be smart to operate on an invite only basis, since we're less likely to act like dicks to each other since we know one another. Still, I call dibs on sign 00.
Shori wrote:Aye. I'd gladly saddle up with a team. Though I must say I'm way out of practice in Armored Core games, so it'll be awhile before I retrieve any former semblance of my skills (Not that I played much online in 4 and 4A, though. Too many crazy people were on there, >_>).
Don't worry, Shori. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. And good teams aren't made of 4 dudes just beasting their way through a fight. It's about supporting and complementing builds. I think we'll be fine.
mobiusdiablo wrote:are there still major differences between weight categories and is it better to be fast or durable? Personally I'd rather stick with a quick light-mid weight, fast enough to dodge, bulky enough to carry the weapons I like. And just for crappers and milk, any builds you guys are using?
All the different leg classes are very differentiated in this edition of the game. Of course, the legs you use all have pros and cons. For once in an AC game, there doesn't seem to be a preference for light or heavy (though I'm seeing very few medium builds.) You just can't for the love of god run into a fight expecting to tank damage because you can get chewed up really fast.

Personally, I'll probably run a light build with machinegun and shotgun weapons. I also don't mind sniping on occasion. It seems that all the top rankers are using dual battle rifles. How annoying.

Like usual, I think I'll have to do an complete run of the offline game before I jump online with you guys. I don't like being online before I know what I'm doing, and if the demo is any indication, the jump from acfa to acv has been terrible for me, and I have a lot of adjusting to do.
-Antares

Turinu

I've taken on a new love for sniping, so if anything I'll aim for a build based around sniper rifles. If I can sit still and snipe targets from afar while allies distract or engage targets, I'll go for a heavy sniper. Honestly depends on how the Sniper Rifles in Armored Core V work. Otherwise I'll probably stick to my typical pre-AC4 medium builds emphasizing linear rifles and micro missiles.
VR7

Actually I was pretty sure Armored Core Online is the largest Armored Core community in the West.

Also I've basically exhausted the single player component of the game. All that's left for me to do now is play online as a mercenary (because I essentially don't have a real team), make ACs and give some Sonic advice.
Spoiler
Bring at least two different damage category weapons. Ideally you may want the ability to deal damage to all three types of damage categories, even if the third one is like a laser blade or something. But if you went all out on an extreme and only equipped dual standard rifles like in AC4 and ACfA, while you will have an easy time taking out most tanks you will run into serious problems with ACs that specialize in KE defense, mostly light/medium bipeds and reverse joints. Likewise, don't bring dual battle/laser rifles or you will have problems taking out sniper ACs and tanks. Also keep in mind it's perfectly okay if you have another weapon stored as a hangar unit, you don't have to drop your current weapon in order to use it.

For most intents and purposes a dual rifle setup of some kind like the standard rifle + battle rifle is useful for most situations and lets you deal both KE and CE damage, or if you want more damage couple a battle rifle with a pulse machinegun at the cost of energy defense. For specialized AC busting you might also want to bring a jammer or flash rockets to really cripple an enemy human's ability to fight, but keep in mind that jammers cannot be carried as hangar units (for some reason) and flash rockets are generally ineffective against airborne targets.

Jammers are treated like dumbfire rockets, but they leave an orb in place that drains an AC of its control ability, energy output, etc. It will only drain one specific thing and I only recommend equipping one or a few of them on ACs that are dedicated jammers, because of the inability to place them as hangar units.

Melee weapons can kill an AC in one or two hits, if you can get close enough to use them. Laser blades have the highest energy drain but also the longest reach; (and the Moonlight) heat piles are the lightest and lowest drain, but use ammunition; and kinetic blades require some finesse to use, but have balanced weight and energy drain requirements. All melee weapons have a long recharge time compared to older Armored Core games, and a particularly long lag time which can be cancelled with quickboosting. You can also kick your opponents if you don't have a melee weapon, but depending on your leg type and energy requirements you might be better off with a backup melee weapon instead, especially with light/mid bipeds and reverse joints.

I don't know how well a dedicated melee fighter would really work, but I would only recommend bringing blades as backup weapons. They are also useful in missions for conserving ammo.

I don't recommend dual gatlings. It looks cool and all, but a single rifle by itself has significantly higher DPS than two gatling guns coupled together. This is actually kind of silly, I'd think the dual gatlings would be much better than that. Gatlings do have way more ammo than a rifle, but you probably won't be able to use all that ammo by the end of a 4vs4 match. You would be better off coupling a rifle with a pulse machinegun.

I've also seen some really silly setups on top-ranked mercenary ACs, like four Karasawas strapped on a light or medium biped. The huge cannon Overed Weapon is also used on occasion, probably to deal with the giant battleship mission and for really specialized sniping.

With the exception of light bipeds, bipeds in general possess more defense and less energy drain than reverse joints. On the other hand, reverse joints now have the ability to quickboost vertically. I have no idea what light bipeds are good for, because from what I can tell lightweight RJs totally outclass them, both in defense and mobility. If anything, it's the slight defense bonus bipeds get from using sniper weapons, maybe. I have never tried cannons on a reverse-joint.

Tank ACs can carry two cannons and fire them both simultaneously and move at the same time. Tanks can also boost their turn rate by remaining stationary, allowing them to keep track of lighter ACs. In a straight up fight with any other AC in ideal conditions, the tank AC will always win outright. However, their mobility is very limited and they are extremly vulnerable to attack by quads wielding sniper cannons, as well as other tanks. I recommend bringing high damage weapons like dual autocannons, or dual sniper cannons if you're feeling lucky.

Biped and Quad ACs are capable of first person sniping with the sniper cannon and similar weapons which greatly enhances their range, but only the quads get an accuracy bonus. It's hard for me to recommend mainly because not only is the sniper cannon dumbfire, but the right analog stick has no actual sensitivity when aiming the cannon--this means that your aim speed will always be absolute no matter how much you adjust the analog stick. Furthermore, your aim speed is extremely slow, which leaves you vulnerable to attack by close range bipeds and reverse joints. Sniper cannons are most effective against tanks and possibly other quads, (two salvos of five-round burst sniper cannon fire will destroy any tank AC outright) but don't expect them to be of any use against airborne ACs or anyone who has managed to sneak up on you. They are probably best used in specialized sniper scenarios and some arena missions with tanks.

Alternatively you could use a laser cannon or rail cannon which negates the aiming problem with the ability to lock onto targets with the sniper scope, but it becomes FCS dependent again. Cannons also cannot be equiped as hangar units.

Sniper rifles themselves have a really low rate of fire and deal mostly kinetic damage. I guess they might be good for pressuring people (they do a reasonably high level of damage per hit but very low DPS compared to a standard rifle) or as a backup sniping weapon when you don't have a cannon to use.

Lastly, the Story Mode missions are way easier than the Order Missions in general. I used Order Missions as a way of preparing for the Story Mode, but all the story ACs you will fight (and even Saachez' final boss form) are way easier than the ones you face in Order Missions. At least the ones in Order Missions came up with actual interesting AC teams, like a sniper quad with a tank AC providing cover against anyone who tried to get close.

I might post a pic of the AC I currently have. If I end up getting an English copy of the game it will probably be the exact same one anyway. It's a light reverse joint with virtually the same equipment as Otsdarva/Thermidor's NEXT from ACfA.

I assure you that was unintentional, but the emblem I made for it was.
-noel
mobiusdiablo

Seraphic wrote:Yeah, I'm all for forming a mechatalk team. This is pretty much the largest community of AC vets and experienced players I know, so it'd be silly not to form a team here. We'd probably fill up our 20 slots easily, and maybe I can do some recruiting on my YT channel since I might be doing a Let's Play. I think it'd be smart to operate on an invite only basis, since we're less likely to act like dicks to each other since we know one another. Still, I call dibs on sign 00.
Shori wrote:Aye. I'd gladly saddle up with a team. Though I must say I'm way out of practice in Armored Core games, so it'll be awhile before I retrieve any former semblance of my skills (Not that I played much online in 4 and 4A, though. Too many crazy people were on there, >_>).
Don't worry, Shori. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. And good teams aren't made of 4 dudes just beasting their way through a fight. It's about supporting and complementing builds. I think we'll be fine.
mobiusdiablo wrote:are there still major differences between weight categories and is it better to be fast or durable? Personally I'd rather stick with a quick light-mid weight, fast enough to dodge, bulky enough to carry the weapons I like. And just for crappers and milk, any builds you guys are using?
All the different leg classes are very differentiated in this edition of the game. Of course, the legs you use all have pros and cons. For once in an AC game, there doesn't seem to be a preference for light or heavy (though I'm seeing very few medium builds.) You just can't for the love of god run into a fight expecting to tank damage because you can get chewed up really fast.

Personally, I'll probably run a light build with machinegun and shotgun weapons. I also don't mind sniping on occasion. It seems that all the top rankers are using dual battle rifles. How annoying.

Like usual, I think I'll have to do an complete run of the offline game before I jump online with you guys. I don't like being online before I know what I'm doing, and if the demo is any indication, the jump from acfa to acv has been terrible for me, and I have a lot of adjusting to do.
Yeah, I'm the same way, Seraphic. Either way, I'd probably still want to use something akin to my AC4/FA blitzer, medium weight, high speed, close combat (probably using some type of rapid fire weapon, blade/pile, and possibly use things that cover the other types), since that's what I'm comfortable with. And I used to be a heavy-artillary guy :P.

I definately agree co-op/multiplayer is more about teamwork and complementing each other's styles and builds. The few times I played in ACFA online, most people fought on their own, which was annoying. And if you call dibs on 00, I'm calling dibs on 09. Though I'll die way before I live up to Nineball :P

PS: Considering your build, vr7, does that mean our little MAHQ team is ORCA? *shot*
From 00 S2 ep 25

Seraphic

VR7 wrote:I was pretty sure Armored Core Online is the largest Armored Core community in the West.
I'm sure of that, too. I was just referring to my own familiarity which tops with Mechatalk. =p Besides, those guys are so busy arguing over 'metagame' they never seem to have any fun. Mechatalk feels more laid back, and to be honest, I'd be happier on a team that lets people play with their own style.

Your online experience with the JP server sounds rather desolate, VR, so I'm not really sure why you're hesitating on getting a western copy. We're your friends, right? =3 Also, you'd probably be done with the offline once you've beaten every mission by kicking only, lol. I know I'm going to try it.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about with rifles. I've seen them in gameplay, and it looks completely broken. They need to reduce rifle damage, accuracy, round velocity, fire rate, and maybe even range in the next patch. They'll need to nerf battle rifles, too. On that note, I saw a build with dual machine pistols, and he nearly took down a heavy biped with them. They were both pretty terrible players, though.

Dual gatlings aren't super useful in this patch, but it's just my play style, you know? I don't feel accomplished unless I'm fighting at close range, and back pedaling with rifles is a cop-out. In all likelihood, I'll just use them on my own time, but I'll use other stuff when I'm with the team.

Does everyone have a keyboard or headset? I prefer my keyboard, but I also have this 10 year old blu-tooth headset for cell phones. I had used it a single time when playing ACfA with VR. How did that even sound to you? I could barely hear you, myself, lol.
-Antares

VR7

I wouldn't go with ORCA as a team name, because it's very likely someone else is going to make an ORCA team before we do. Well, they already did in the Japanese version, and they even had Thermidor's logo as their AC's personal emblem. I'd think we should go with an Ace Combat theme for our team, maybe Martinez Security or the Ustio Air Force. The logos for those should be really easy to make.

Or we could just call it the MAHQ team and just slap a giant M on our team logo. :P

I think just rifle damage should be toned back down to what it used to be like in the original version of ACV. They were already pretty effective and good all-around weapons before so I didn't see why they needed significant buffing.

I was initially hoping people would also import the Japanese version just over the regional segregation, but that's just me.

I prefer high speed close combat which was why I ended up using a standard rifle + laser rifle setup as I did in ACfA. The rifles' extra range was to deal with the problem with dedicated close combat weapons being not as accurate at mid-close ranges. Such weapons are better suited to a mid-heavy unit that relies on guerilla combat, stunlocking and lots of defense.

I have a new headset which is of much higher quality than the PS3 bluetooth headset I used to use. Also you can chat in ACV, but it's really limited compared to using PSN's dedicated chat system--you are segregated into mission channels and lobby channels, so you won't get to see people talking in the lobby and vice versa.

I don't know how well voice chat works in ACV's infrastructure, I always just used Skype whenever playing with my friend on our Japanese team.
-noel
mobiusdiablo

Planning to pick up a headset and/or second keyboard myself when I go get my copy of the game. I'd import the Japanese version, but not knowing what they'd be saying and not being able to play around with people here would irk me something fierce. Also, LOL nice at the Ace Combat idea (Galm/Garm maybe, perhaps the awesomeness that's Espada?) , I'm down for that, or the blatant internet pimping we'd be giving MAHQ with the giant logo/M. :twisted:

Shall we add each other to our PSN accounts? (Please tell me all you guys are using PS3, I forget if the game's getting an 360 release, but it never hurts to check).

WHY CAN'T IT BE THE 20TH ALREADY AUUUUGH
From 00 S2 ep 25