Australian made mecha game

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Dragoon o3

Australian made mecha game

Ever since I heard about Battle Armor Division being made by a Italian developer it got me wondering are there other countries trying to make a mecha game. I live in Australia and started looking around but haven't found anything yet.
Just asking for opinions, do you think this is a good idea or is this thing best left to the Japanese?
Amadi Akintunde

Re: Australian made mecha game

Though the Japanese have... something... of a wider grasp on the mecha genre, I don't see why it should simply be left to them. Half of the mecha games they make don't even get released internationally, and when they do, they're rather poorly received.

As of late, mecha have been getting more attention - especially in the west. Hawken, Mechwarrior, Transformers, Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3, and Front Mission. The Japanese may practically own the genre, but most of the stuff they come up with isn't successful. The only mecha series from Japan that's been successful here these days is Armored Core - not to say that's bad. Just a sign of the times.
Saikuba

Re: Australian made mecha game

There used to be a fair number of mech based western games in the day. Mechwarrior, Shattered Steel, and Earthsiege all come to mind. Mission Force Cyberstorm remains one of my favorite mech strategy games.

I don't know what happened to cause a loss of interest in the genre. Maybe it was simply that Japanese products became more available, and that they always made more mech games/shows/etc.