Super Robot Wars series discussion thread

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Fredrex00

Re: Super Robot Wars series(who else plays them?)

I've been playing SRWK for a while and, I think, I'm getting close to the end. I'm stuck on Stage 32 cause I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong. The game is really fun, but defiantly not as fun as W was. K likes to bog you down with enemy units to make a challenge, but it ends up being annoying at times. I might change my mind on the game when I beat it soon.
Mu La Flaga

What are you getting stuck on in SRW K stage 32?

Also as for SRW W, if you want to get it, ebay is probably one of the best places to find it still.
Alexandrite

I love Super Robot Wars, even though the only one I've played is Alpha Gaiden (because it had Gundam X and Turn A). Other than that, I just usually watch others play SRW games (since I don't have a Japanese/modded PS2, and I don't feel like importing so many games).

Though, I would really love to see the following in future SRW games:

1. Xenoglossia: I would love to see Imber, Nebula, Nubilum, Hiems, Tempestas, and Epimetheus duke it out with mechs from other series!

2. Xenosaga: Especially the awesome E.S.'s like E.S. Asher and E.S. Dinah
Fredrex00

Mu La Flaga wrote:What are you getting stuck on in SRW K stage 32?

Also as for SRW W, if you want to get it, ebay is probably one of the best places to find it still.
I posted it in the General Gaming Help thread, but I've actually beat it now and it was actually Stage 31. Took me a while, but I beat it.

Speaking of W, just won a used copy of it on Ebay! I'm so happy that I won it and didn't have to import it. I've been wondering why its so hard to find now. Is it because its out of print now?
CyborgZeta

I don't think Xenosaga will appear in any SRW-related game outside of the Endless Frontier games.

And W is probably still in print in Japan. But import shops outside of Japan don't keep it in stock anymore.
My Anime/Manga stats.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
Mu La Flaga

Fredrex00 wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:What are you getting stuck on in SRW K stage 32?

I posted it in the General Gaming Help thread, but I've actually beat it now and it was actually Stage 31. Took me a while, but I beat it.

Speaking of W, just won a used copy of it on Ebay! I'm so happy that I won it and didn't have to import it. I've been wondering why its so hard to find now. Is it because its out of print now?
Yeah that is what playasia says for it nowadays (out of print)
Mu La Flaga

So I hate to make a new post on top of my old one BUT been going through Z lately.

Man getting Setsuko routes secrets such as the G-Bits and Tifa=not easy had 51 skill points I only missed 1 skill point so far.

Also got Stella, Four, planning to go for Rey and Tallia, Sarah and Reccoa also when they come up as I make my way in to things more.
Den Sethos

I am playing it too.
I concentrated more on getting secret weapons (Baldirosier, The O Final Stage, Final Dynamic Special). Got Four, though. Put her in the Re-GZ once Amuro got Nu.

The problem is making balanced squads.
They must have about the same range to avoid conflicted platoon attacks and that can be a pain...
Mu La Flaga

I got those when I got the chance earlier on in the game.
I just stopped collecting skill points now from satge 54 onwards.
Since no other skill points are required for secret units

The only new unit which needs ending points is Xine and I've been getting as many ending points as possible and killing her EVERY time I encountered her on a level.

So hopefully might be able to recruit her.

I also have the other basics like the Black Mk2, the Dijeh ect.
Bonesy!

shoulda gotten the akurasu wiki, that thing is awesome for info on Z

http://akurasu.net/wiki/index.php?title ... bot_Wars/Z

I generally suggest to people wanting to get into Z to look at the secrets, and pick the route with the ones they like because I can never remember what goes where besides Rand generally gets more free-spirited people (Xabungle, Gundam X) during the huge split, and Setsuko generally gets the more ordered military-types (Gravion, Zeta Gundam).
Mu La Flaga

I have been doing just that for most of the game.
Bonesy!

about some of the secrets:

tekkouki is pretty good, I used him end-game
yassaba can help if you're big on Overmen
Mu La Flaga

Admittingly I haven't done Rand's route yet, probably next playthrough.
Bonesy!

I really like both routes. They each have something for everyone.
Fredrex00

Just started playing Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 and I'm loving it so far. The menus are somewhat different than the portable SRW games, but they're still easy enough to figure out what each option does. Can't wait to get Daizengar whose coming up in a few more stages on my playthrough!
Mu La Flaga

If you need help with Alpha 3 a little by any chance I can help somewhat and it's one of my fav SRW games just for the cast alone.
Den Sethos

This reminds, I've actually been two chapters from the end for two months, but I never got around to finishing it. Along with Z, in which I'm at chapter 57... (I blame Bookr, a Homebrew on PSP, that reads ebooks.)
Mu La Flaga

New SRW announced.
It's a remake of Lord of Elementals.

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2010 ... more-11926
Mattokaiser

Re: Super Robot Wars series(New SRW game announced)

I'm also a pretty big SRW fan and I have been playing the games since SRW R. Since then I have played most of the recent SRW games and I currently own quite a few of them. Here's a list of what I own:
Ps2

SRW Z
SRW Impact
SRW OGS
SRW Scramble Commander 2

PSP

SRW AP
SRW MX

GBA
SRW J
SRW OG
SRW OG2

DS
SRW W
SRW K

Out of all the SRW games I have played, I have finished R, J, OG, OG2, OGS, Z, MX, AP, W, K.

This board has reminded me of some things I would be interested in seeing in a future SRW.

Firstly after having been playing SRW AP recently I would really like to see a SRW that focuses on early UC as opposed to the usual Zeta-CCA that has been a trend recently. Being able to use the RX-78 and fighting MSG Char was great in AP and I would love to see that explored in a new SRW. Possibly including Seed and having the stories of both intertwine just like in Z how Zeta and destiny were paired up. Also adding in the two OVAs 0080 and 08th ms team would help to pad up the lack of playable units from the OYW in a game like that.

Secondly, I would love to see Rahxephon and Aquarion be paired up in a future SRW. With both series having some similar themes in their storylines, I really think that they could be paired up really well. Also it would be able to break the trend of having Rahxephon and Raideen together. On a side note it would be awesome to have the Alpha Squadron appear in a SRW that includes Rahxephon.

Thirdly, I would really love to see the Robot Unit shop reappear. I don't know about the rest of you but I liked buying the grunt units in W and then put some ace pilots like Sousuke into them. Also it makes the game a little more interesting being able to use some of the iconic enemy units from various real robot series.

I'd really be interested in hearing everyone elses thoughts on what they would like to see appear in future SRW. Whether it be unique series pairing that just hasn't appeared yet or the return of a series that just hasn't seen attention in SRW for a while.

Also I too would love to see the rest of the GBA games get AP styled remakes. Some of the older SRW like R really show their age and since having games come out like Z has made it much harder to go back and replay R. Also I would love to have Tekkaman Blade and Full Metal Panic in a SRW that has vocals.
Protecting the Earth Sphere from the Zeon since 0079.
Bonesy!

Re: Super Robot Wars series(New SRW game announced)

Myself, I beat OG1s recently but haven't played OG2s in weeks. I mucked around on MX earlier this week, but personally I should probably be trying to play through Alpha 2.