Super Robot Wars series discussion thread

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Super Robot Wars series discussion thread

Ok so I didn't see a recent sort of general thread for Super Robot Wars series just to talk about it in general.

I have quite a few of the games.
PS2
Alpha2
Alpha3
Z
OGs
OGs Gaiden
MX

PS1
Alpha
Alpha Gaiden

GBA
OG1
OG2
J
D

PSP
A Portable Remake

DS
W
K
Endless Frontier

So far I have completed Alpha3, W, K and Z.
Z could be and is somewhat challenging, I need to play more of the other ones in future.
So does anyone else want to talk about the Super Robot Wars series?
I like Alpha 3 and W alot for the line up in those 2 games, but I can enjoy some of the other ones.
Alpha3 I also liked on replay as over time I became familliar with the OGs characters in the Alpha series(Ryusei, Bullet, Kusuha ect)
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bonesy!

Re: Super Robot Wars series(who else plays them?)

Z is my favorite modern console, Alpha Gaiden my favorite pre-PS2 console, W and J are my favorite portables.

I've played Alpha 1-3 and Alpha Gaiden, Compact 1/2-1/3, Impact, MX, Z, SNES Masoukishin, Complete Box's version of 2, SNES EX, SNES 3 and 4, a bit of F, A, R, D, J, W, K, OGs, OG 1 and 2, OGG, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

I really dislike Endless Frontier, though. I even tried playing it for like 5-6 hours.
Mu La Flaga

On a new curious related note, how many people actually keep up with the Super Robot Wars games?
I currently try to and gotten most of the recent ones.

It's kind of interesting to notice the changes in the games over time, especially from about Alpha2 onwards.
Den Sethos

I have most of the recent Super Robot Taisen Games. I have Alpha 1, Gaiden, 2 and 3, MX and MX Portable, A Portable, A, R, D, J, W, K, OG1, OG2, OGs, OGs Gaiden and Z.
I also have the translated Alpha Gaiden eBoot for PSP.

I am only mildly interested in Terada's recent announcement about some new titles, since they will likely be on Wii or PS3, consoles I don't have. What's more, the recent Wii game simply did not strike my fancy, what with the 3D and some new game mechanics that seem too abusable (Siege?).
Mu La Flaga

Have to see what they do though, I hope maybe they stick with PS2 until it's life runs out.
But have to see.

I kind of hope it might be a sequel to Z maybe.
Bonesy!

Den Sethos wrote:What's more, the recent Wii game simply did not strike my fancy, what with the 3D and some new game mechanics that seem too abusable (Siege?).
to this day, banpresto-that-was never did get the hang of fancy 3d, I personally liked GC's graphics

and neo was in my mind, highly experimental. i've read about it but am unable to play it, and am hoping they refine the concepts in it.
Kuruni

Long time fan, I start with 2G on Game Boy but become nut when touch PS port of SRW F.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mu La Flaga

You know I've heard of only from a handfull of people and say that F and F Final were nightmarish SRW games to complete.
I wouldn't know myself, but if people around here have played them, curious to know if those rumors are true or not? :P
Bonesy!

F/FF are, to be blunt, bullshit.

Difficulty curve can be rather mean, and it pulls some shenanigans with Wing. Specifically, it's even more idiotic with giving you Wing stuff than Shin was. All (yes, all) of the Wing Boys must be convinced. And even then, I've never heard anything about Wufei.

However, F/FF and 4 are the only SRWs besides Compact 1 to have L-Gaim. However, I'm pretty sure it lacks Daimos, which 4 had.

However, give it a shot anyways if you feel like it. But in my opinion, 64 is more fun and came out around the same time as F/FF.
Kuruni

Wufei will eventually join if you convince other G-Boys in F Final, although you might never care about him at that point.

Even if you comvince them all, only Duo and Wufei will rejoin in DC route (they will leave the team after the end of Dunbine's storyline). Other three must meet additional condition in Guest route.
Guywithforumusername

I'm a big SRW junkie myself.

I recently got into the series a few months back, so I haven't had as much experience withh the games as I would like, but my favorites include:

PS2:
SRW Alpha series (Alpha 3 is a particular fav)
SRW MX
SRW Z ( great fight scenes)

GBA:
OG 1 and OG 2
SRW D
SRW J

DS:
SRW W (a bit more than K, but I still like K)

Here's hoping that Gundam 00, Code Geass, Gurren-Lagann, and the Rebuild of Evangelion movies find their way into SRW Z2 or whatever the next-gen SRW will be called. Oh, and Macross Frontier...maybe WIngs of Rean as well...
Mu La Flaga

One of my friends really hopes Macross Frontier makes it in to a SRW game in future.

I myself have my own small list, like since Zoids got in, I kind of hope maybe one day one of the Yuusha/Brave series would get in.
(Apart from GaoGaiGar)

I would LOVE to Brave Express Might Gaine in one of them.
Kuruni

Wish list...I currently want to see they add Bokurano...

Really, we might see two Gaiking, two Mazinger Z, 00 Raiser and Strike Freedom fight each other to protect their world. Which is cool until one side, that you havn't control, lose and perish...(it's still cool, but with different reason).
Mu La Flaga

Some of my other hopes.
I would like to see Code Geass, Gundam 00, Gundam Wing all in one game since they would work so well(and face it Wing Endless Waltz has been done SO many times already)
Gurren Lagann, remake Evangelion and there are some other old series that haven't made it in which should do though.
Also alternatively having FMP in games alongside series which suit it more, like Gundam 00, Code Geass ect.

Apart from Might Gaine I would like to see some other series show up again, it just depends how things go.
Like Z, made Grendizer look great(although I already liked it alot, I just mean in game animation and stuff)
ZeroBusterXX

My SRW wishlist is as follows:

ZOE (Any entry will do)
Full Metal Panic (But this time, in a console SRW)
More ASTRAY
Code Geass
Shin Mazinger (Alongside all the other Nagai remakes we've had recently.)

My biggest fantasy though:

A new game like Super Hero Sakusen.

Seriously. A Super Toku Wars would be beautiful.
CyborgZeta

Count me as another SRW junkie. I have:

PS2
- SRW Z
- SRW MX
- SRW Impact
- SRW Alpha 3
- SRW OGs
- SRW OGG

DS
- SRW W
- SRW K

GBA
- SRW R (Emulated)
- SRW J (Emulated)
- SRW OG1
- SRW OG2

Z ranks as my favorite followed by W. I'm currently hoping they might do a SRW R Portable; I've been nostalgic recently about R but the dated graphics and animation keep me from playing it again. A remake would be perfect.

As for future new additions series-wise, Zone of the Enders would be nice. Gundam 00 is an eventuality. Right now I just want to see Full Metal Panic, Tekkaman Blade and GunXSword on a console game.
My Anime/Manga stats.
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
Mu La Flaga

I personally hold out hope that maybe all the GBA games eventually get remade(with the possible exception of SRW J)
Fredrex00

I love the Super Robot Wars games. I've been trying to play all that I can, but the ones I've only played were J, OG2, W, and K. Currently, my favorite is W which might be followed by K after I beat it. Been trying to find W for so long with no luck (I played it via emulator). I really want to try the Alpha series as well since I've heard they were some of the best as well. I'm still on the ropes with Endless Frontier though. It has an interesting looking combat system, but the other things about the game just doesn't "click" with me.
RX 93 ZZ

I've played only the translated ones lol. OG1 and 2,3 and Alpha Gaiden. I want to play Alpha 3 but I'm not very good with my japanese/
Mobile suits: RX-93 Nu Gundam/RX-94 MP Nu(Fin Funnel Type), RGM-89S Jegan
Cars: '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
Mu La Flaga

Well I don't know much Japanese and part of it came down to experimenting or learning small memorisation things.

Also there are some sites which have guides which can help play the games and all that.