Warhammer 40k titans. What can kill them.

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Am I a Jerk

Yes
60%
No
10%
I don't know
10%
I don't care
20%

Total votes: 10
Herrschaft 2

Warhammer 40k titans. What can kill them.

Well, since warhammer is a tabletop game, i felt that this topic fits here. Does anybody know something that can take one down, like outside of warhammer.

I will have to ask you to not answer if you're not familliar with WH40K.
- Oh God. The Exodus is entering Feral Mode.
-What Does that mean?
-It means it's gonna win
Herrschaft 2

Re: Warhammer 40k titans. What can kill them.

Wow. Nobody has any Idea. By now, the only thing i can think of that might have a chance Is Granzon. I guess if nobody else posts a reply by tomorrow, This can be locked. Oh, and go ahead and leave a reply on the survey, if you even glance at this. I seriously will not start flaming people just because i got called a jerk. I think it's funny
-What Does that mean?
-It means it's gonna win
J-Lead

This is a just set opponent away from being a proverbial VS thread, and those are long banned. :|

Besides, this is more suited to Mecha and Technology in the first place, since it deals with the mecha rather than the game.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Gaiden1992

I'll answer your question.

While there is little that can take down a titan, there are a few things that can.

One of course...are other titans.
I'm pretty sure orbital bombardments will blow the hell out of titans also.
Then there were also several baneblade variants created with massive volcano cannons capable to ripping a titan apart.
It's my world, you just don't know it yet.

Killzone: A World of War RP
Zangetsu

Several different races have reliable ways to deal with titans.

Necrons-Pylons

Tyranids-Heirophant

Chaos-Big Daemons, Corupted Titans

Eldar-Eldar Titans

Orks-Stompas and Gargants

Imperium-Titans, Baneblades

Titans are by no means unstopable. Especialy depending on the class of titan. Warhound are easy to take down due to them being Scouts. Reavers and Warlords are a little harder. The only class of titan that is nigh invicible is the Imperiator class, which are extremly big and powerful to boot.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Herrschaft 2

One- I had stated outside of other warhammer units

Two- I thought this thread was locked
-What Does that mean?
-It means it's gonna win
Zangetsu

Outside of 40K, hmmmm. I belive that most of the newer gundams could do it, depending on the titan. Serveal AC could also do it, I mean they fight those giant armoured fortrosses (I can't remember what they are called.) Tonz of Banpresto robots could do it.

The easist way for these mechs would be to use high speed close combat tactics. 40K machines aren't meant to be able to hit really fast things, which is one of the Eldar's advatages.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Herrschaft 2

Wow, i can't believe someone unlocked this thread, and on top of that, it isn't banned. This is pretty close to a versus thread. I never really took speed into account when i started this thread. I always assumed a titan would step on something like a gundam, and could easily blow away mobile armours. My best guesses were all supers, and even they seemed to be unable to fully match up. BUt seeing other peoples viewpoints does help me take these other things into account
-What Does that mean?
-It means it's gonna win
Sleepneeded127

Gundam wise things like the Turn-A or Turn-X(, God and Devil gundams possibly the Twin Buster Rifle of Wing Zero(blowing up colonies) or the Tallgeese III's mega cannon(blowing up a resource satellite), the X and Double X Gundams.

pretty much any "Strong" Super Robots would make short work of them being that most are powered by will/fighting spirit/love/non logical what ever. some being able to destroy planets or more
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
Herrschaft 2

I'm afraid if i say anymore, this will degenerate into a versus thread. But, aren't titans capable of taking out a planet, being that some are the size of a planet? If not, i know at least the spaceships are capable of that kind of destruction.
-What Does that mean?
-It means it's gonna win
Zangetsu

No titan is the size of a planet, nor do any pack that kind of firepower. The basic Warhound titan is only 15 meter tall, has two guns, and a couple of void shields. I can eaisly see something like Wing Gundam, Tallgeese, Freedom, heck even the Strike (with proper loadout) being able to take one down. The only titan I think would pse a problem for any gundam is the Imperiator, which is huge (unknown exact height, I thinking about 100 or so meters).
Gaiden1992

Yeah, Imperator Titans are something else. Have you guys read Storm of Iron by Grahmn McNeil. A group of Imperial titans try and take on a Chaos Imperator titan, and they get hosed. Even a Warlord self-detonating at close range didn't take it down fully, just wounded it.
It's my world, you just don't know it yet.

Killzone: A World of War RP
Darksider

Don't the Larger Imperator-class titans mount (and resist) capital ship weaponry?

IIRC capship weapons in 40K are in the gigaton range, so you'd need something pretty powerful in order to crack them open. Pretty much nothing in the Gundamverse puts out that kind of firepower. We're literally talking a concentrated burst equivelalent to the GENESIS cannon here.

As for the smaller Warhound scouts, you'd definitely need heavy firepower to take them out. I don't think the Gundam-verses have anything that could do it reliably, given that the standard MS-grade beam cannons aren't much stronger than modern tank or artillery weapons, which the scout titans shrug off like it's a light rain. You'd probably need the more super-esque robots to take them down reliably.
Sleepneeded127

Darksider wrote:Don't the Larger Imperator-class titans mount (and resist) capital ship weaponry?

IIRC capship weapons in 40K are in the gigaton range, so you'd need something pretty powerful in order to crack them open. Pretty much nothing in the Gundamverse puts out that kind of firepower. We're literally talking a concentrated burst equivelalent to the GENESIS cannon here.

As for the smaller Warhound scouts, you'd definitely need heavy firepower to take them out. I don't think the Gundam-verses have anything that could do it reliably, given that the standard MS-grade beam cannons aren't much stronger than modern tank or artillery weapons, which the scout titans shrug off like it's a light rain. You'd probably need the more super-esque robots to take them down reliably.
the turn-A is supposed to have such power in the beam rifle (colony laser).
not to mention the whole moonlight butterfly. but then you have wing zero taking out space colonies in single shots and the Gundam X and the double X that are made to shoot at colonies.
Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.
fodder

I guess I'll throw in my answer. I'll take a nonGundam approach. Let's see first I would try with an Assault Lance (Zeus x 1, Atlas x 1, Awesome x 1, Hunchback x 1). Of course, assuming they could survive long enough to close in on the Titan (for the sake of argument we'll say that we're talking about a Warlord). Assuming that fails I'll give a section of CAVs a go. (Ronin x 1, Dictator x 2, Spectre x 1, Vanquisher x 1). Assuming this fails I'll go Tyranid and throw a horde (say a company's worth) of Red Shoulders equiped with Heavy Gears at the Warlord.

My gear Company would look something like this:

1st Section
(1 x General Purpose Cadre (1 x Jagermiester, 2 x Jagers, 1 Jager w/ Pararifle), 2 x General Purpose Cadre (1 x Jagermiester, 2 x Jagers, 1 Jager w/ Medium Autocannon))

2nd Section
(1 x Recon Cadre(Iguana x 4), 2 x Fire Support Cadre (1 x Jagermiester, 2 x Spitting Cobra, 1 x Spitting Cobra w/ Light Field Gun))

3rd Section
(1 x Fire Support Cadre (1 x Jagermiester, 2 x Spitting Cobra, 1 x Spitting Cobra w/ Light Field Gun), 2 x Strike Cadre (2 x Black Mamba, 1 x Black Mamba w/ Grenade Launch & Heavy Rocket Pod, 1 x Jager w/ Medium Autocannon, 1 x Jager w/ Light Bazooka))

4th Section
(3 x OpSec Cadre (1 x Chameleon, 2 x Green Mamba, 1 x Snake Eyes Black Mamba w/ Medium Rifle))

PS:- sorry for the long post.
Please state the nature of the medical emergency.