SD gundam online

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Re: SD gundam online

hotlimit wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Both problems solved. My IGN is yuusha

Do they not have PVP modes in the Taiwan version? I can only access mission modes.
You're probably on the training channel, only the beginner and expert servers have PVP.

It would make sense to do missions first, so players can get their feet wet.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
hotlimit

ThaDDeusBonzu wrote:Thanks hotlimit, that really helped. now if only i could figure out how to get that Shining Gundam...

My ign is ThaDDeus, and I currently am using a GINN High Maneuver Type.
Well at the very least you'll get a lot of Hygoggs and Doms hahaha. I haven't gotten an A rank yet, and it took me about 7 tries to get the Gouf Custom. You can sell MS you don't want for 400 a piece by dragging them into the 'break' button in your 'my room' screen.
ydawg314

:'( I got a GM trainner. Does everyone get those on thier first raffle thing?
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee

I played a few missions, it feels like you have to do less grinding in this game compared to the Korean version. I'm using the Training Zaku, and it only took my a couple of games to get it to level up.

Also, it feels like the players in this version KNOW what there doing. Seriously, in the Korean version missions like the shuttle escape worked ONLY if everyone was on the same ball, not rushing off doing their own thing.

I'm also glad that thus far-they made all the capsule costs the same. Feels like I have to do less grinding to get a new suit.
ydawg314 wrote::'( I got a GM trainner. Does everyone get those on thier first raffle thing?
I got a gray Zaku.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
hotlimit

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:I played a few missions, it feels like you have to do less grinding in this game compared to the Korean version. I'm using the Training Zaku, and it only took my a couple of games to get it to level up.
C rank doesn't take long to level up at all, but it's taking me forever to get a B rank even to level 2.
ydawg314

My computer has like no ram but does anyone have an issue where they get stuck at the screen which appears after a game ends that tells you how many points you got?

what do you do to get out of this screen.... I pressed every button on my keyboard!!!!! :?
Battle my brute
hotlimit

ydawg314 wrote:My computer has like no ram but does anyone have an issue where they get stuck at the screen which appears after a game ends that tells you how many points you got?

what do you do to get out of this screen.... I pressed every button on my keyboard!!!!! :?
It can lag a bit there sometimes, but it passes eventually. I just keep clicking, although I'm sure it goes to the next screen automatically.
ydawg314

whats the best way to get coins in this game.. Just do the missions?
Battle my brute
hotlimit

ThaDDeusBonzu wrote:Thanks hotlimit, that really helped. now if only i could figure out how to get that Shining Gundam...

AH WAIT, it looks like you can buy the Shining Gundam in the shop for 15,000G. It isn't hard to get that much by doing all of the quests and saving the money you get for going up in rank. In the long run I'm sure it's the easiest way.

Do they still have those missions from the Korean version? The one where you get awards like the Red Frame?

EDIT: How would I go about doing a quest? Or at least getting it started? I wants me a red frame.

quasadra

@yuusha: just press "Q" in the game lobby. select TEST FACTORY on second level.

@hotlimit: you need to be carefull not to buy a "rent" unit. the first two page is safe, on the later page you need to be carefull with a diffrent word in front of the name.

i dont like the CGUE, look like i will be stuck with a M1 Astray for a while. but i find it easier to play with friends in a GM sniper. ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS :P
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC

OMG, I just can't beleive what I managed to cap today from the machines:

The RX-78, the one that uses two Bazookas!

I never had THIS kind of luck in the Korean version.

So far I got: Hi Zack, Z'Gock. the Gun cannon with the missile pods, the two Bazookas RX 78

ThaDDeusBonzu

hotlimit wrote:

AH WAIT, it looks like you can buy the Shining Gundam in the shop for 15,000G. It isn't hard to get that much by doing all of the quests and saving the money you get for going up in rank. In the long run I'm sure it's the easiest way.
Yeah, I changed my mind about the Shining Gundam. It's awesome and all, but melee just isn't my forte. Now I've set my sights on the Duel.

And now for a couple of questions.
1. I won the blitz's shield arm as a reward from a quest. Any idea what it's used for?

2. what does leveling up a unit do?

3. Not a question, but yays I gots me a B rank ground type Gundam on my third try!
SDGO Taiwan ign: RougeMK
quasadra

1. blitz's arm is a stealth item, use it by equiping it and press 5 in mission. it makes you invisible. not really useful.

2. there are three level to up per ms, first level gives you SP attack(press 4 to switch in battle) and rest gives skill based on diffrent ms. like M1 Astray got a reload bonus on the second level up.

3.this tells me that i need to play more... :evil:
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Ryujin

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Do they still have those missions from the Korean version? The one where you get awards like the Red Frame?

EDIT: How would I go about doing a quest? Or at least getting it started? I wants me a red frame.
There's a 'quest' button at the lower right, next to the 'gift' & 'salary' button. Click on it, and a list of available quests should appear. You can only select three quests at a time, and the active quests become color green. The first 4 quests are the training ones, where you learn how to maneuver & shoot. New quests appear every time you rank up and earn a stripe. The quest should turn to yellow on the list once you clear it, and you receive the reward once you deselect the mission. The server can be laggy at certain hours, though, so it might not update immediately.

Ranking up to one stripe opens up the missions where you can earn 3 c-rank suits (iirc, the M1 Astray, Gouf, GM Sniper Custom). 2-Stripe rank lets you win B-rank suits (RX-78-2, Red Frame, CGUE & Gundam Ground Type). 3-Stripe rank lets you win A-rank suits (Full Armor Gundam, Strike, Duel & GP03 Stamen). 4-Stripe rank gives 3000 points/mission. Chevron/Expert rank lets you win Kaempfer, Dijeh & DEEP ARMS.
AH WAIT, it looks like you can buy the Shining Gundam in the shop for 15,000G.
Asides from Shining Gundam rentals, there are also Shining Gundam PLANS. In order to make Shining Gundam, you need, in addition to the 15,000G plans, a Kaempfer leveled up 3 times, a Nether Gundam, a Mermaid Gundam, a Gouf Flight Type & a GM Sniper Custom. Making the Shining Gundam sacrifices everything except the Kaempfer (which retains its level). They really make you work for the A-rank MS. AS Zeta, for example, is a real pain to make.
2. there are three level to up per ms, first level gives you SP attack(press 4 to switch in battle) and rest gives skill based on diffrent ms. like M1 Astray got a reload bonus on the second level up.
After that, you can continue leveling up the MS two more times, which gives you up to two points with which to adjust your MS stats. Note that this is a give-or-take deal; increasing one stat decreases another.
Yeah, I changed my mind about the Shining Gundam. It's awesome and all, but melee just isn't my forte. Now I've set my sights on the Duel.
Once you get to 3-stripe rank, you can win the regular A-rank Duel on Quest Mission No.3 at Normal difficulty (the one with Apsalus). The AR-rank Duel, though, is another story...

For me, the fastest way of earning points & xp is to play pvp games set to random units; you don't eventually have to pay for the cost of recharging your suit's batteries (very expensive for a-rank suits).

Just an FYI, but during the IP block period, some American players e-mailed wasabii and were assured that the patronage (and the $$) of international players were most welcome and appreciated.

My IGN name is JagdDoga.
Last edited by Ryujin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
neoxman

I got a Red Frame after about 5 or 6 tries with the capsule machine w00t.

If you want you can add me my IGN is in my sig.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter IGN: neoxman
hotlimit

Ryujin wrote:
AH WAIT, it looks like you can buy the Shining Gundam in the shop for 15,000G.
Asides from Shining Gundam rentals, there are also Shining Gundam PLANS. In order to make Shining Gundam, you need, in addition to the 15,000G plans, a Kaempfer leveled up 3 times, a Nether Gundam, a Mermaid Gundam, a Gouf Flight Type & a GM Sniper Custom. Making the Shining Gundam sacrifices everything except the Kaempfer (which retains its level). They really make you work for the A-rank MS. AS Zeta, for example, is a real pain to make.
Thanks for the info, I was wondering what it meant by 'blueprints' ahaha. Am I correct in seeing that you can only RENT Calamity but you can't win it in any capsules, or buy its plans yet? It's pretty much the only suit I want besides The O, which I've seen neither hide nor hair of it (except the giant one in the splash pages ><). Same deal for the Humbrabi.

Anyway, big thanks again for turning us all on to the TW version, if I had known there would ever be a proper version (AKA one that doesn't require cell# to register) I probably would have bought a mouse for my laptop.

EDIT: Doh! I just saw the list of MS you need when you are in the blueprints shops, I'm still learning the Chinese names for the suits. Some of them are easy because it's phonetic but then there's some like 'Long Dagger' which is literally 'Long Dagger' ahaha.

Argh, I absouletly CANNOT do that one mission

You know the one where you have to fight Gold Frame Amatu, Acguy, Rising Gundam and Apulus?

But before that, you have to fight the wave of enemies, while breaking through the walls?

Yeah. That one :evil:

ydawg314

Are quests online?

How much money do you typically get?
Battle my brute

ydawg314 wrote:Are quests online?

How much money do you typically get?

I normally get like, 112 per game. But I think it depends on how well you do during the missions.