SD gundam online

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
ydawg314

SD gundam online

SD gundam Online
registration and start guide

Player IGNs:(Taiwan version)
  • Ydawg314:Ydawg314
  • hotlimit: hotlimit
  • Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine:Yuusha
  • ThaDDeusBonzu:RougeMK
  • Neoxman:Neoxman
  • Alan4Tran:Ironrave
  • Young_oldtype:Type61
  • Outlaw:Outlaw71
  • Espdude:kyriosgn
Last edited by ydawg314 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
quasadra

Re: SD gundam online

i tried... and i failed. i just cant figure how to register(not that i should be able anyway). DANG THOSE KOREANS!!! :evil:
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

About a year ago, there was someone on /m/ who was helping people register. I got an account set up, and played it for a bit. Could never score the suit that I Want though.

quasdara: if you want, I can give you my account. It's just sitting there right now, collecting virtual dust. PM me if your interested.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ydawg314

lets get some kind of Mahq clan going
Battle my brute
Ryujin

quasadra wrote:i tried... and i failed. i just cant figure how to register(not that i should be able anyway). DANG THOSE KOREANS!!! :evil:
There's the Taiwan version of SDGO, which only requires a name & an e-mail to register--and they don't even bother to verify the e-mail. There was a bit of a problem with DDOS attacks from across the Strait resulting in a temporary IP block, but it was resolved to everyone's satisfaction. A significant minority of the players are from the US, Europe, South-east Asia and Japan (2ch'ers), although most are not in organized teams, afaik. There's also a fair amount of drama between certain players on Korea & Taiwan (to the point of spreading outright lies about either version), just ignore them & play wherever you like.

Taiwan site:
http://sd.wasabii.com.tw/index.aspx
Click the big round button marked 'Join' and follow the Register Guide here: http://sdgotw-kr.forumotion.com/guides- ... ide-t3.htm

Taiwan SDGO is a bit behind in the number of MS and maps (no S-ranks yet), but I heard it'll get updated soon (a lot of MS, while not yet available via shop or capsule machine, were playable on pvp maps set to random units--which can lead to some very imbalanced games such as a Leo-heavy team vs. a Wing Gundam-heavy team). I also found that, compared to the time I was playing the Korean version, it was easier to get B-rank and C(rare)-rank MS from the capsule machines.
Last edited by Ryujin on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
quasadra

i never knew there is a Taiwan ver. i heard about China and Korean but never Taiwan.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC

Ryujin wrote:
quasadra wrote:i tried... and i failed. i just cant figure how to register(not that i should be able anyway). DANG THOSE KOREANS!!! :evil:
There's the Taiwan version of SDGO, which only requires a name & an e-mail to register--and they don't even bother to verify the e-mail. There was a bit of a problem with DDOS attacks from across the Strait resulting in a temporary IP block, but it was resolved to everyone's satisfaction. A significant minority of the players are from the US, Europe, South-east Asia and Japan (2ch'ers), although most are not in organized teams, afaik. There's also a fair amount of drama between certain players on Korea & Taiwan, just ignore them & play wherever you like.

Taiwan site:
http://sd.wasabii.com.tw/index.aspx
Click the big round button marked 'Join' and follow the Register Guide here: http://sdgotw-kr.forumotion.com/guides- ... ide-t3.htm

Taiwan SDGO is a bit behind in the number of MS and maps (no S-ranks yet), but I heard it'll get updated soon (a lot of MS, while not yet available via shop or capsule machine, were playable on pvp maps set to random units--which can lead to some very imbalanced games such as a Leo-heavy team vs. a Wing Gundam-heavy team). I also found that, compared to the time I was playing the Korean version, it was easier to get B-rank and C(rare)-rank MS from the capsule machines.
Intresting. Do I need to play it in IE, like the Korean version?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Ryujin

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Intresting. Do I need to play it in IE, like the Korean version?
Nope. Unlike the Korean version which takes you to Netmarble's website first, start-up takes you directly to a log-in screen within the game after the patcher & gameguard runs. Afterwards, it's pick a mission or pvp server & play. You do need to log in beforehand at wasabii's website to confirm your account, but only once.

Also, when logging in the game for the first time, it will ask you to enter an 8-character name which will be your permanent (afaik) IGN.

The game installs in a different directory than the Korean version, so some people play on both versions. I'm not sure about the version of the game installer that was megauploaded with the registration guide since I used the torrent available at the official website (about 800 MB, iirc).

Okay, I got the Taiwanese client installed on my computer now. But the one I have, you have to click under what you want to select. Is there a way to fix this?

hotlimit

Thanks for bringing the TW version to my attention, I second the MAHQ clan idea.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Okay, I got the Taiwanese client installed on my computer now. But the one I have, you have to click under what you want to select. Is there a way to fix this?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but maybe you can try running in window mode (or fullscreen if you are doing window right now). It works fine on my computer as far as I can tell. Sometimes it's a little slow to respond, but that's all.

Well, normally if you wanna click on something you can just go over what you wanna click, right? Well for whatever reason, I have to click UNDER what I wanna click.

Say I want to log in, there's four icons on the screen, I can't click it if I'm directly above what I wanna go on, so instead I have to go under it.

ydawg314

*Reads posts* O really.... you guys are going the Taiwan way right after I just got a korean account....
:x

I actually have both accounts. Ill do what ever you guys wanna do.
Battle my brute

Well I just signed up for the Taiwaneese version. Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch less of a headache then the Korean one was.

my username is zeromurasame, if anyone's game.

ydawg314

Do you have to download the Taiwanese version of the game to play?
Battle my brute
hotlimit

ydawg314 wrote:Do you have to download the Taiwanese version of the game to play?
Yeah, each company has a different client because they are all different versions of the game. I tried signing up for Korean and Mainland versions to no avail, but the Taiwan version is the easiest (doesn't hurt to know Chinese as well). You can download the client using BT, so it's pretty quick.

Great game by the way, they are behind in available MS, but I shouldn't be complaining. My IGN is HotLimit, we'll have to find a time to get everyone together.
ydawg314

Yeah we will have to. Its not too fun when everyone else your playing is speaking Korean or Chinese but I guess that should be expected.
Battle my brute
hotlimit

ydawg314 wrote:Yeah we will have to. Its not too fun when everyone else your playing is speaking Korean or Chinese but I guess that should be expected.
Yeah, for anyone who wants to join, we can create a guide too. I spent my first 2400 trying to get a Gouf and then realized it was a reward for one of the easier quests :x
Nobody speaks much at all though in the beginner servers because I think everyone is too noob and is trying not to die hahaha.
ThaDDeusBonzu

hotlimit wrote:
ydawg314 wrote:Yeah we will have to. Its not too fun when everyone else your playing is speaking Korean or Chinese but I guess that should be expected.
Yeah, for anyone who wants to join, we can create a guide too. I spent my first 2400 trying to get a Gouf and then realized it was a reward for one of the easier quests :x
Nobody speaks much at all though in the beginner servers because I think everyone is too noob and is trying not to die hahaha.
Yes, yes that would be highly appreciated. I just finished downloading it, and am completely lost amidst the Chinese. The game itself is not that hard, but the menus just have me frazzled.
SDGO Taiwan ign: RougeMK
ydawg314

Can everyone who plays post thier name in their sig. like this:
ign: ydawg314

I still have to make sure my taiwan wersion works
Battle my brute
hotlimit

ThaDDeusBonzu wrote: Yes, yes that would be highly appreciated. I just finished downloading it, and am completely lost amidst the Chinese. The game itself is not that hard, but the menus just have me frazzled.
I took a bunch of screenshots and added some notes that should be helpful in navigating all of the menus. I uploaded them in a rar here: http://www.easy-share.com/1904520559/SD ... 0guide.rar
Last edited by hotlimit on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.