SD gundam online

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Ryujin

Re: SD gundam online

Yes, we really need to post the times at which we're available, although I have an erratic schedule. Hotlimit tried to contact me yesterday, but I had to decline since I had RL stuff to do and had already wasted 2 hours of my life grinding a Kaempfer.
Also, what were you saying about not needing to recharge your MS if you just play PVP?
If you're playing PvP with the Random Unit mode activated, you won't have to recharge your MS since the computer will be providing a random unit for you to use in every game. You'll still earn money and experience even though your unit won't, and in the long run, you make more money since you're not spending for recharging. It's also fun to try out all sorts of units--I never realized the ZuOOt was pretty effective before.

There's a trick to the shuttle missions. One guy has to stand on the top of the #2 shuttle pad and shoot at all the z'goks and zakus without destroying them to lure them towards him. The other players can then easily handle the rest of the opponents. All the Z'gok's and Zakus will just accumulate at pad #2 until the mission ends.

Update on April 24th with additional maps, plans & capsule machines. The O, ZZ & Calamity Gundam will probably be available in one form or another.
Last edited by Ryujin on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bremics

I downloaded the Taiwan version got an account and can't do jack shit.

All text is [[[ or [[ I have no clue about what's going on and there is more buttons then fucking WoW.

The site with the registration guide is no help what so ever. Aside from said reg guide, all of their other guides seem to require you to know how to do everything else on your own.

Disappointing since the tutorial was rather enjoyable. :?
Pray she never meets Athrun.
quasadra

Ryujin wrote:Yes, we really need to post the times at which we're available
or we could use MSN.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
hotlimit

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote: Also, I'm having a hard time getting in. I keep getting this "Connection failed" message.
The server was down for maintenance last night.
Bremics wrote: All text is [[[ or [[ I have no clue about what's going on and there is more buttons then ZOINKS WoW.

The site with the registration guide is no help what so ever. Aside from said reg guide, all of their other guides seem to require you to know how to do everything else on your own.
Try the guide I uploaded earlier in this thread. I don't know what to do about the text, other than update your language pack (I don't know what OS you're using).
Ryujin wrote: Update on April 24th with additional maps, plans & capsule machines. The O, ZZ & Calamity Gundam will probably be available in one form or another.
Yeah I checked the website, you can buy plans for the Calamity and ZZ. The capsule preview is pretty good too, the Alex, Humbrabi, and Zaku III. Are the plans for every version of the game the same, because these are what's required for Calamity: http://p0.p.pixnet.net/albums/userpics/ ... 04d190.jpg
The only ones available are Long Dagger and I think Astray Blue frame. I guess those other Seed units will be in the capsules as well.

Is it easier to make something than to draw it from a capsule? Like let's say the plans cost 18,000. Is it so hard to draw an A-rank from 15 capsules that it's easier to buy the plans and spend all the cash on getting a B-rank and a bunch of C-ranks?
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Bremics wrote:I downloaded the Taiwan version got an account and can't do jack ZOINKS.

All text is [[[ or [[ I have no clue about what's going on and there is more buttons then ZOINKS WoW.

Disappointing since the tutorial was rather enjoyable. :?

Button on top: use that to log in, after putting in your username and password.

Button beside it: exits to desktop. I have no clue what the bottom two buttons do, if they do anything at all.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
ydawg314

Hey bremics what is your in game name?
My games take a really long time to load and stuff... Is that because I need more ram?
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee

ydawg314 wrote:Hey bremics what is your in game name?
My games take a really long time to load and stuff... Is that because I need more ram?
It's been laggy for me today too. Think it must be because of the maintenance.

Anyways, as for when we should have our game...why not tomorrow? I'm usually up by 11 and I'll be on all day.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
hotlimit

This is just a wild guess, but I think it was lagging because it was saturday afternoon/night in Taiwan and that's when most kids are playing. I've played some other MMOs run in Asia and it's about the same.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh, after awhile you learn to bloody HATE Psycho's special attack. Especially if you're at the receiving end of it half of the time. :evil: Doesn't help the fact that he spams it A LOT on higher level difficulties.

Although on the bright side, I did get my Full Armor Gundam today from the quest. That should make things easier.

hotlimit

I was playing PVP random earlier and it is pretty cool, but just because the first MS I got to use was Sandrock hahahah. Like Ryujin recommended, play that if you don't want to waste cash recharging your MS. Plus, games tend to start faster, I've never had to wait forever for people to ready up. I have enough cash now for plans or capsules, whatever I need to get those MS on the next update.

What button do you click to do random suits? I can never find it. Can someone screen cap it? I'm getting a little tired of grinding via missions, so I'll probably try a few PVP matches.

hotlimit

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:What button do you click to do random suits? I can never find it. Can someone screen cap it? I'm getting a little tired of grinding via missions, so I'll probably try a few PVP matches.
Hope this helps:
http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/1434/sdgo.png
quasadra

i learn about the red frame glitch on the aspalus mission. it need some team work to complete, and we need to do the mission twice. since the one who use the glitch cant complete the mission himself.
Alan4Tran

I just registered and the game is pretty awesome, although it's hard trying to find other English speaking players.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighters Online ign: ironrave
MOBILE-SUIT UP!
hotlimit

I borrowed a mouse, and even though I had to use it in my lap I have to say the game is like 10x easier with it. I don't suck nearly as much as I thought I did... unless I'm using that dang GuAIZ!!!!! I swear they give me that in random battles twice in a row, just to anger me.

Also it seems like everyone is terrible with Wing. I only got to use it once and died in like 2 seconds hahaha. Sandrock is a beast though.

Has the game been...buggy for anyone else lately? At least the Taiwanese server. It keeps exiting out on me every now and then, but it happens most often when I keep jumping from room to room.

hotlimit

Not really, but I'm guessing it's just because I don't jump from room to room. I've pretty much been going into a single random battle room and playing there until I'm done.

In other news, it's taking forever to get a chevron rank, I have like 8,000 more points to go. Normally I wouldn't care, but I want to be able to use all that restricted paint I have hahaah.
ydawg314

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Has the game been...buggy for anyone else lately? At least the Taiwanese server. It keeps exiting out on me every now and then, but it happens most often when I keep jumping from room to room.
yes it has.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Ryujin

Haven't been buggy for me as of late. Could be network connection issues.

For players who need mission, technical or pvp organization help, there's a #tw-sdgo channel on the Rizon IRC network, which has a sizable english-speaking Taiwan & Korea SDGO community.

Keep in mind, though, that the majority of the user base frequents /m/, so one should expect the occasional adolescent troll or outburst, and quality varies with the time of day.

Wing is a good scissors once you get used to it; the vulcans are very useful, especially while the Buster rifle's recharging. I only wish its special was a ravening beam of doom instead of a melee attack (although I never noticed what the special was in Bird mode).
Last edited by Ryujin on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
quasadra

i dont have any connection issue. but i am not playing as much these past few days.

and wing is very good. i got 29 kills the first time i use it, while these same people thoroughly trash me before.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC