Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Famitsu has announced that Extreme Vs. is heading to the Playstation 3. Currently it's 70% complete with a projected release date of December 1st and a price tag of 8380¥ (approx. $110 USD). Reportedly the home version will include new gameplay modes (yet unspecified) and will support custom soundtracks.

Link: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... me_vs_ps3/

Additionally, they're having another contest to determine the next release. The competitors this time are Raphael Gundam from the 00 movie and Crossbone Full Cloth from Steel 7.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

AmuroNT1 wrote:Famitsu has announced that Extreme Vs. is heading to the Playstation 3. Currently it's 70% complete with a projected release date of December 1st and a price tag of 8380¥ (approx. $110 USD). Reportedly the home version will include new gameplay modes (yet unspecified) and will support custom soundtracks.

Link: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... me_vs_ps3/

Additionally, they're having another contest to determine the next release. The competitors this time are Raphael Gundam from the 00 movie and Crossbone Full Cloth from Steel 7.
That is the biggest gamming news I have heard all year! They had better put 4 player split screen or else I might not even bother.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
RLZIII

That's awesome news! I was really hoping for an announcement for a PS Vita release (however unlikely), but I can I can deal with a PlayStation 3 release. It's nice to see this game getting a console port, even though we all knew it was coming. December ain't that far away...I should brush up on my Gundam VS skills with Gundam vs Gundam NEXT PLUS.
AmuroNT1

NastyNate wrote:That is the biggest gamming news I have heard all year! They had better put 4 player split screen or else I might not even bother.
I dunno about couchplay, but it will be playable over PSN.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Mark064

Extreme Vs coming to PS3 and Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth is coming too? Best news ever in relation to the game!
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I hope it gets a US release. If not I will just import it like the 0081 game (when it gets a lot cheaper).
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
AmuroNT1

http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/

The official website for Extreme Vs.'s PS3 release. Not much content, but it does confirm (sorry NastyNate) that offline is only 1-2 players.

Arsarcana

PS3 port of Extreme Vs? Awesome! Raphael playable? Best thing ever! Calling it now, it's going to have the 'Rolling GN Cannon' attack from the trailer.
Mu La Flaga

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/

The official website for Extreme Vs.'s PS3 release. Not much content, but it does confirm (sorry NastyNate) that offline is only 1-2 players.
Wow on PS3, that is rather stupid no online play option for VS.
AmuroNT1

Oh no, there's 1-4 player online. I was just talking about offline.

NastyNate

AmuroNT1 wrote:http://www.b.bngi-channel.jp/gdexvs/

That is really sad news. I hope they tell us soon if you can have 2 player split screen go online. So if you wanted a lan party then it would just take two ps3s rather than 4.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

NastyNate

A part of me thinks that ign.com are actually video game fans so I foolishly emailed their ps3 podcast and asked them to mention Gundam Extreme vs. They did not mention it in the slightest way and there is still not a single article on it on their site. :(

Mu La Flaga

AmuroNT1 wrote:Oh no, there's 1-4 player online. I was just talking about offline.
Opps, my bad, didn't read it quite right, then again doing that later at night doesn't help.
PhineBuyM3

*sigh* I read on gamefaqs that a unit from AGE is going to be in.

Edit:
Here's a picture of it http://i.imgur.com/1SksX.jpg
AmuroNT1

Pretty sure that's fake.

1) The main image looks like a photo of a plastic figure rather than a CG render, especially since it's in a basic standing pose rather than a dynamic action pose.
2) The fonts look off when compared to official ones (cf. http://gundam-vs.jp/extreme/ac/about/update.html)
3) Pretty sure the "action shots" on the right are stolen from other mecha.
4) The large character portrait of the pilot is completely unlike the portraits actually used in the game.
5) Nobody heard anything about this; even the Raphael vs Full Cloth thing had some kind of official announcement, and you'd think they would make a big deal about the new series being in the game the way they did with Unicorn in Next Plus.

Mark064

The fact that the only thing super blurry in the image are shots of the unit in game seems like a dead giveaway that it's a fake.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
PhineBuyM3

Phew! Thank goodness its fake, dodged a bullet there. The guy who originally posted the pic at gamefaqs recieved hell for it after a few guys pointed out the same things Amuro did.
AmuroNT1

I wouldn't be shocked if AGE-1 did end up in the home release (just look at Unicorn and Kshatriya in Next Plus), it's just that that one image is remarkably fake.

Arsarcana

I'd be shocked if it didn't make it in too. It's easy promotion, we'd be about eight episodes into the show so there would be some on-screen material to work with and even with the little we know now there's plenty to make it an interesting unit. The generational thing could be a really neat quirk for a future Vs. game depending on how things work out but that's speculation for another day.
PhineBuyM3

Supposed console units from 2ch rumours:
Beginning 30 Gundam
Forever Gundam
AGE-1
Genoace Custom
Stargazer
Strike Noir
Hyperion Gundam
X Astray
Blue Frame Second L
X Divider
Zeong
Nobel Gundam

I think X Astray is supposed to be Dreadought Gundam because X astray is the title of the manga and there is no mobile suit named X Astray. I enjoyed playing with Hyperion and Dreadnought in Never Ending Tomorrow, so this'll be a win if it turns out to be true.