Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

A PS3 HD remake would be pretty interesting.
Next Plus is better to me, mainly due to the line up, they could just do that and add new units from Extreme VS.

But if they do it would be interesting to see.
PhineBuyM3

Well, since there's a demand for it in Japan you can bet your butt off bamco execs will see the $ signs in eachother's eyes and get to work. Works for me, I was hoping Next Plus would get ported to the PS3 a long time ago so I could sell my psp.
AmuroNT1

It may just be me, but I think it'd be smarter to port the stuff from Next Plus into Extreme rather than the other way around. After all, it'd be a bit silly to take the stuff from a brand-new game and put it in a remake of an older one.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Outlaw

AmuroNT1 wrote:It may just be me, but I think it'd be smarter to port the stuff from Next Plus into Extreme rather than the other way around. After all, it'd be a bit silly to take the stuff from a brand-new game and put it in a remake of an older one.
Nope, not just you. Having just checked out Extreme I wouldn't be averse to importing (my second import after Battle Universe) if a console version gets made.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

AmuroNT1 wrote:It may just be me, but I think it'd be smarter to port the stuff from Next Plus into Extreme rather than the other way around. After all, it'd be a bit silly to take the stuff from a brand-new game and put it in a remake of an older one.
The problem is: what you suggest would make sense, and since this is Bandai releasing Gundam games we're talking about, they probably will do nothing remotely close. I personally predict that they'll release Next+ as a ps3 HD port and then port ExtremeVS to whatever console, and make profits from selling 2 games instead of 1 game. I'm going to get Next+ if there is no Epyon in ExtremeVS.

Also, has anyone found a vid of Dragon Gundam gameplay where it doesn't do the equivalent of getting down on its knees to blow the other team?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
AmuroNT1

Seraphic wrote:Also, has anyone found a vid of Dragon Gundam gameplay where it doesn't do the equivalent of getting down on its knees to blow the other team?
Check the Youtube channel of "fannel13sazaby"; he posts lots of ExVs videos with excellent quality. However, it's a Japanese poster, so you'll have to use Japanese search terms (in this case, Dragon Gundam would be ドラゴンガンダム).
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

PhineBuyM3

Do you mean port units from Next Plus into Extreme Vs? That would be a bit redundant since Extreme Vs' roster is more of a trimmed version of Next Plus'. Or do you mean bundle Next Plus HD with Extreme Vs when it gets ported?
AmuroNT1

No, what I meant was to take the units that were in NP but removed in the transition to ExVs, and then put them back into the home version of ExVs.

Mu La Flaga

It would be nice if they did.
But wasn't part of the reason was because Extreme VS isn't the same engine and all that stuff?

You know it's not quite the same one from Gundam vs Gundam NEXT plus.
AmuroNT1

ExVs is mostly the same engine. The biggest changes are the slight tweaking to Next Dash/Extreme Action, the addition of Awakenings, making Guarding universal, and making Assists non-mandatory. It wouldn't take a lot of work to port NP units over, all things considered.

Of course, I recognize that this is pretty well a fantasy, but hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Mu La Flaga

That is true, I'm still annoyed Wing got axed for instance..
I mean really your supposed to have all the Gundam animated series in the line up Capcom not just whoever you pick
Seraphic

Mu La Flaga wrote:That is true, I'm still annoyed Wing got axed for instance..
I mean really your supposed to have all the Gundam animated series in the line up Capcom not just whoever you pick
I would just die if they added Glory of the Defeated so they could use Katoki's variations. Having Wing ver. Ka and an Epyon would make me very happy! I also still want to use a Leo and a Pisces. A Wing VS. game would be nice to have, already. >,>;
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

Amadi Akintunde

Seraphic wrote: I would just die if they added Glory of the Defeated so they could use Katoki's variations. Having Wing ver. Ka and an Epyon would make me very happy! I also still want to use a Leo and a Pisces. A Wing VS. game would be nice to have, already. >,>;
This too is a desire of mine.
Mu La Flaga

Did he mean die as in die from shock of something awesome or die as in die from shock horror of that making it in?
Seraphic

Mu La Flaga wrote:Did he mean die as in die from shock of something awesome or die as in die from shock horror of that making it in?
Seraphic wrote:I would just die if they added Glory of the Defeated so they could use Katoki's variations. Having Wing ver. Ka and an Epyon would make me very happy!
=3
-Antares

NastyNate

So apparently this is the 10th anniversary of the Gundam vs Gundam series and they are going to have some events at tgs. Here's hoping for a Gundam vs Gundam coming to ps3!
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
RLZIII

NastyNate wrote:So apparently this is the 10th anniversary of the Gundam vs Gundam series and they are going to have some events at tgs. Here's hoping for a Gundam vs Gundam coming to ps3!
I'd love for an announcement on the PS3 or the PS Vita (though I'd suspect that the latter is the less likely of the two). I enjoyed both Gundam vs Gundam and Gundam vs Gundam NEXT PLUS on the PSP, and would love to get this new incarnation of the system on a console of some sort. It will be interesting to see the announcement.
2NA Fish

AmuroNT1 wrote:ExVs is mostly the same engine. The biggest changes are the slight tweaking to Next Dash/Extreme Action, the addition of Awakenings, making Guarding universal, and making Assists non-mandatory. It wouldn't take a lot of work to port NP units over, all things considered.

Of course, I recognize that this is pretty well a fantasy, but hey, a guy can dream can't he?
From what I heard, it's a different team working on ExVS, the game engine has been redone, and all the models have had to be remade from the ground up to fit the higher resolution. It would be fairly troublesome to port all the old units.

But I'm dreaming too. Fingers crossed for TGS! :)
hotlimit

2NA Fish wrote:
AmuroNT1 wrote:ExVs is mostly the same engine. The biggest changes are the slight tweaking to Next Dash/Extreme Action, the addition of Awakenings, making Guarding universal, and making Assists non-mandatory. It wouldn't take a lot of work to port NP units over, all things considered.

From what I heard, it's a different team working on ExVS, the game engine has been redone, and all the models have had to be remade from the ground up to fit the higher resolution. It would be fairly troublesome to port all the old units.

But I'm dreaming too. Fingers crossed for TGS! :)
Are the animations different? I was under the impression that it was just a sequel to VS Next+, not a new game altogether.
2NA Fish

Yeah, it's a sequel, but because they're using a new hardware system, System 357, based on PS3 hardware. The old games used Namco's System 256 arcade hardware, based on PS2 technology.

The programming is different and they have had to basically code most of the game all over again. That's why we aren't getting the full roster from the old games.

The animations and special effects have been redone as well. Have a look at the differences with Nu Gundam. The Fin Funnels are wider in ExVS, and it points its rifle downward as it dashes. In GVGN, the Fin Funnels are noticeably skinnier and it holds the rifle upwards as you dash.