Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
AmuroNT1

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

PhineBuyM3 wrote:I think X Astray is supposed to be Dreadought Gundam because X astray is the title of the manga and there is no mobile suit named X Astray.
Not true. X Astray is the name Lowe gave to the Dreadnought after he equipped it with the DRAGOON backpack.

Anyway, I'm kind of skeptical about this list primarily due to the unit costs involved. Beginning 30 and AGE-1 are both 3000, Hyperion and X Astray are 2500, etc. I'll believe this list when I see it.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
PhineBuyM3

Oh, I didn't know X Astray was the Dreadnought's nickname. I'm a bit skeptical of the list mainly because I'm not really sure they're going to add that many suits in a couple of months.
AmuroNT1

Well, the list is specifically for the PS3 version. There's no way they could add that much content to the arcade version in the three months between now and the PS3 release.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

NastyNate

So I guess we will have a list at tgs of the confirmed ms. Does anyone think there will be any chance for Sandrock? And is both the custom and regular version of wing zero going to be in the game?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
AmuroNT1

I don't have a lot of hope for them adding anything more for Wing unless they do bring back everything from Next Plus. As for Sandrock, it and Altron are already Assists, so their being made full characters (especially when we already have Deathscythe as a melee unit) seems unlikely.

Mu La Flaga

Even though they should cover everything and I hate this rule of counting Wing and Endless Waltz as one of the same, yeah they exsist in the same universe and EW tried to retroactively apply itself to part of Wing, which it shouldn't have done.

It's one of those things which irks me when they are portrayed in games and usually Endless Waltz makes it in over Wing tv series more.

That is just me though.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I'm not particularly happy with the roster for the console version of ExVS. What do you think the odds are of a "ExVS NEXT" being released later on like they did for GvsG?

I think they need more grunt units for the AU series. I am rather happy that they decided to use battle themes and not OPs as the music for some of the shows, though.

Oh, and thank you for that good referral for Dragon Gundam vids, Amuro. It still looks completely useless, however. Its flags look like they only have a hope of damaging the Hildolfr and mostly nothing else.
Last edited by Seraphic on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
2NA Fish

Help! Anyone can identify the MS in front of ZZ in this screenshot?

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=154499|1

Looks like a Gundam, but it's not one of those currently announced playable units.

Edit: Gah! Nevermind. It's Raphael

I'd like some of the old series besides Wing to get more love, but looks like they're just promoting the series that have new productions out or in the works.
Mu La Flaga

Seraphic wrote:I'm not particularly happy with the roster for the console version of ExVS. What do you think the odds are of a "ExVS NEXT" being released later on like they did for GvsG?

I think they need more grunt units for the AU series. I am rather happy that they decided to use battle themes and not OPs as the music for some of the shows, though.

Oh, and thank you for that good referral for Dragon Gundam vids, Amuro. It still looks completely useless, however. Its flags look like they only have a hope of damaging the Hildolfr and mostly nothing else.
Well it's probably bound to happen when the sequel comes, more units from series.
Arsarcana

Mu La Flaga wrote:Even though they should cover everything and I hate this rule of counting Wing and Endless Waltz as one of the same, yeah they exsist in the same universe and EW tried to retroactively apply itself to part of Wing, which it shouldn't have done.
Unfortunately, between Glory of the Defeated and Frozen Teardrop, they're trying really hard to justify that retroactive application and so far it's actually working pretty well and adding back stuff to the 'original' five Gundams that their TV incarnations had but the EW redesigns dropped, which is pretty cool from a mecha standpoint. Harmonizing the changes makes for a lot fewer headaches when trying to view the AC universe as a whole. Not that I'll ever stop waiting for my MG Wing Zero (TV) of course.
It's one of those things which irks me when they are portrayed in games and usually Endless Waltz makes it in over Wing tv series more.
Which is why SRW Z2-1 was so damned cool. For the first time in ages we got to see TV Wing again and because the game is a two-parter and they only covered about a quarter of Wing, the second part will also feature the TV designs. Now if only they remember to include Hilde as a playable character and the Mercurius and Vayeate as hidden mecha like in D. Hell, I'll take a tricked out Leo if it means not having to stick all my secondary characters in Tauruses.

Anyhow, the TV designs are never really going to go away. Should a future game want to use them, they'll always be an option as GvG(N) and Z2 demonstrate.

And while we're talking Gundam games, am I the only person who thinks it's about time we got another story-based G Gen game?
hotlimit

Seraphic wrote:I'm not particularly happy with the roster for the console version of ExVS. What do you think the odds are of a "ExVS NEXT" being released later on like they did for GvsG?
Technically this IS the sequel. Just like how Fed VS Zeon and AEUG vs Titans got the Gundam vs Z Gundam semi-sequel on the PS2, and how Rengou VS ZAFT II got RvZII+ on PS2, the PS3 version of Extreme VS is basically Extreme Versus NEXT. The only big difference is that they said all the new units in the PS3 version are going to be included in the arcade version around the same time.
Seraphic

hotlimit wrote:Technically this IS the sequel. Just like how Fed VS Zeon and AEUG vs Titans got the Gundam vs Z Gundam semi-sequel on the PS2, and how Rengou VS ZAFT II got RvZII+ on PS2, the PS3 version of Extreme VS is basically Extreme Versus NEXT. The only big difference is that they said all the new units in the PS3 version are going to be included in the arcade version around the same time.
But don't you remember how with GvsG it was ported to PSP as GvsG, and then AFTER THAT they released GvsG NEXT in the arcades? That's the sort of sequel I am talking about. The PS3 port of ExtremeVS is not a sequel. It's the same game ported with more "content". NEXT had some changes to balance and gameplay in addition to roster bonuses. I'm waiting for "ExtremeVS NEXT" in a sense, which should come after the PS3 port.

I've been watching a few tournaments of ExtremeVS that were uploaded on YT. SF's full burst attack is so broken. It has nearly perfect tracking and hits pretty much instantaneously. About 50% of the matches with SF in them were won with that attack.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

2NA Fish

Arsarcana wrote:And while we're talking Gundam games, am I the only person who thinks it's about time we got another story-based G Gen game?
I'd be happy to just get an expansion to World with more units and a better upgrade system. Just couldn't be bothered adding HP all the way to level 60 or 70.

I do miss the story campaigns rather than the jumbled mess in World, but at this point, I've played the One Year War so many times it doesn't have the same excitement anymore. :P If they found a way to link in different stories or have an original story so we have some sort of story progression, then I'd be all over it.

But really, I just want more playable units and characters. I feel that for being SD Gundam, G Generation has continually shafted all the actual original SD designs like Fuhrer Commander, Heavy Metal Gundam, Knight Gundam, Bound Dog etc.

Yes, Bound DOG, not Bound Doc.

Back to EXVS, whatever you'd like to call the PS3 version, it would be great if they kept supporting the game with new DLC rather than putting out a new one after a year. Could extend the life of the game(and the arcade version) for a few years if they wanted to. Unfortunately, the Japanese companies are still lukewarm on DLC because they prefer to release a whole new game with a few new characters to make sure you pay for ALL of them.
Mu La Flaga

Seraphic wrote:
hotlimit wrote:Technically this IS the sequel. Just like how Fed VS Zeon and AEUG vs Titans got the Gundam vs Z Gundam semi-sequel on the PS2, and how Rengou VS ZAFT II got RvZII+ on PS2, the PS3 version of Extreme VS is basically Extreme Versus NEXT. The only big difference is that they said all the new units in the PS3 version are going to be included in the arcade version around the same time.
But don't you remember how with GvsG it was ported to PSP as GvsG, and then AFTER THAT they released GvsG NEXT in the arcades? That's the sort of sequel I am talking about. The PS3 port of ExtremeVS is not a sequel. It's the same game ported with more "content". NEXT had some changes to balance and gameplay in addition to roster bonuses. I'm waiting for "ExtremeVS NEXT" in a sense, which should come after the PS3 port.
It's one of Capcom's things I think, they did it with how many versions of Street Fighter 2?
Numerous damn versions of the game.

Usually the VS games tend to last 2 entries before jumping to a new title entry or so.
Arsarcana

2NA Fish wrote:I'd be happy to just get an expansion to World with more units and a better upgrade system. Just couldn't be bothered adding HP all the way to level 60 or 70.
It sounds like you'll get your wish. They just announced G Generation 3D which from all appearances is yet more of the same **** they've been giving us for the past three games in a row (right down to the animations) except with more Trailblazer mecha, plus some Beginning and AGE representation. Not that I mind expanding things but at this point the formula of 'let's recreate famous episodes and run you through them with no real connecting plot' is starting to get a bit stale.

Admittedly, there's a glimmer of hope in that they mention Seishin Commands (which by any name are typically associated with either SRW games or the story-based G Gens) as a new feature but they teased us with a plot in World when they first announced it and look where that went.
AmuroNT1

Supposedly, this week's Famitsu has new content listed for Extreme Vs. for PS3. The claims at this point are Blue Frame Second L and Dynames as playables, and GN Arms Type-D and Divinidad as bosses. Until some scans pop up, I'd take this with a grain of salt, especially the idea that Dynames is a separate playable, since we already have Cherudim.

PhineBuyM3

AmuroNT1 wrote:Supposedly, this week's Famitsu has new content listed for Extreme Vs. for PS3. The claims at this point are Blue Frame Second L and Dynames as playables, and GN Arms Type-D and Divinidad as bosses. Until some scans pop up, I'd take this with a grain of salt, especially the idea that Dynames is a separate playable, since we already have Cherudim.

In the event that this turns out to be true I'll go ahead and get this off my chest; What the f***? If they were going to add another Lockon unit in the game they may as well finished up the work for Zabanya seeing as it already has one move wasted as a summon.
AmuroNT1

EDIT: A Famitsu scan has popped up, indicating that all those rumors are 100% true. A larger image shows Dynames' moveset including sniper rifle as the main with beam pistols, missiles, and the fullshield. Unlike Chreudim, the pistols have ammo, which means it'll probably get regular saber attacks.

Scan: http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9559/y4jn.jpg

PhineBuyM3

Maybe the sniper rifle for Dynames will actually work unlike Cherudim's bb gun.
Seraphic

http://andriasang.com/comy5j/

From the looks of this, ZOE HD and some unknown Gundam title will have a presence on Vita.
-Antares