Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mark064

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

An interesting piece of tidbit on SD Gundam G Generation G Wars. While scrolling through the old Gunota archives I picked up an interesting tidbit. Back on May 30th 2007 Famitsu had news that Bandai had plans for a new G Generation game for the Wii. It took almost two years to be announced but there it is.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
PhineBuyM3

has there been a release date for Mobile Suit Gundam:Gundam vs Gundam Next I'm hoping for a ps2/psp simultaneuos release
Mark064

Nope, it just hit the arcades recently so you still have quite a wait. It'll probably hit whatever near the end of this year or early next year.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
ZeroBusterXX

PhineBuyM3, just to warn you, you aren't allowed to have animated avatars.
Mark064

And Gundam vs Gundam NEXT gets yet another update. This time around the Titan's Gundam Mark II piloted by Kamille, it costs 1000 appose to the standard model which costed 2000 I'm guessing due to no Super Gundam and it's assists is yet another Titan's Mark II.

Second update is the Shining Gundam piloted by Domon, mobile assist is the Dragon Gundam and costs 2000, God Gundam was 3000.
PhineBuyM3

Mark064 wrote:And Gundam vs Gundam NEXT gets yet another update. This time around the Titan's Gundam Mark II piloted by Kamille, it costs 1000 appose to the standard model which costed 2000 I'm guessing due to no Super Gundam and it's assists is yet another Titan's Mark II.

Second update is the Shining Gundam piloted by Domon, mobile assist is the Dragon Gundam and costs 2000, God Gundam was 3000.
I've seen gameplay of shining gundam plays identical to god gundam except a few differenes like the shining sword I hope the original Justice Gundam and Altron Gundam show up as exclusive mechs in the psp or ps2 version
Heecarl_Reez

SRW Hotnews has scan from famitsu for SD gundam G Generation wars-Trans-Am 00 raiser in sight ;).
ZeroBusterXX

SRW Hotnews also has some new Famitsu scans relating to Gundam 0081! Some kind of Efreet variation is in the game and it looks impressive.

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2009 ... #more-7260
Kuruni

G Generation Wars PV

Look like it's going to be crossover storyline. Well, it's great to see Hi-Nu in 3D animation even SD one.
My girlfriend was a loli.
hotlimit

Kuruni wrote:G Generation Wars PV

Look like it's going to be crossover storyline. Well, it's great to see Hi-Nu in 3D animation even SD one.
Man, for once I actually wish I had a Wii. I'd play on my friend's wii, but I'm afraid he'd fall asleep watching an SRPG. Maybe it will have a 2-player custom army mode like G Gen If!

As for the story, as I understand it you will select different storylines to complete separately (like the G Gen 0 and F), but you can do certain things to trigger cross-over events (like happens naturally in the portable G Gen games).

So in the video example someone is playing the 0079 storyline where Amuro fights Char under Jaburo (I think?). In the original G Gen games you would see the animation of Char blowing up that GM or whatever, but in this game it triggers the 'wars break' and a rift in time makes the 0080 guys pop up. According to the video, every stage is going to have a 'wars trigger' and sometimes an accompanying CG. I just hope there are actual 00 stages and not just characters that pop up in random UC and CE stages.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Kuruni wrote:G Generation Wars PV

*Drools* looks pretty, gotta get this one.
ZeroBusterXX wrote:SRW Hotnews also has some new Famitsu scans relating to Gundam 0081! Some kind of Efreet variation is in the game and it looks impressive.

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2009 ... #more-7260

Has the release date for 0081 been confirmed yet?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Amadi Akintunde

Battlefield Record 0081 is really the only one I'm interested in right now. It seems they've been hogging everything with G Generation Wars, which looks very good by the way; they didn't show enough Setsuna in there, though.

They barely update Battlefield Record 0081. D:
J-Lead

Amadi Akintunde wrote:Battlefield Record 0081 is really the only one I'm interested in right now. It seems they've been hogging everything with G Generation Wars, which looks very good by the way; they didn't show enough Setsuna in there, though.

They barely update Battlefield Record 0081. D:
Well, Japan loves turn-based crap, especially Gundam/Mecha related turn-based crap, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but my problem with the massive coverage G Generation Wars has been getting is that there isn't much about it that seems terribly different from G Gen Spirits aside from a few new features. I have zero interest in characters crossing over into other stories/universes, and quite frankly, a lot of anything that has to do with the game can be covered in a few pages or perhaps one full article. Battlefield Record 0081 has me interested by the simple virtue that it's an original story rather than an existing one put in game form, and one that focuses (or at least starts out with) a GM Command team, and that Efreet (Nacht?) is making the whole deal seem a lot sweeter.

There's also the fact that sprite-utilizing turn-based strategy games are terribly easy to make, which probably has a lot more to do with sudden abundance of information on the game compared to a third person mecha shooter for the PS3.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
hotlimit

J-Lead wrote: Well, Japan loves turn-based crap, especially Gundam/Mecha related turn-based crap, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but my problem with the massive coverage G Generation Wars has been getting is that there isn't much about it that seems terribly different from G Gen Spirits aside from a few new features.
The special thing is that it's the first console G Gen game to combine pre-SEED universes with everything that has been released since G Gen F (which included everything up to Turn A). Spirits was seriously lacking in series, in fact I think it was all UC.

The influx of news is just because Wars is coming out really soon. I'm sure there will be more about 0081 as it nears release, and I'm hoping it'll be like a second Rise from the Ashes. Of course I won't get to play any of these games, but I can still dream haha.
ZeroBusterXX

0081 is a 30th Anniversary project though. And the track record for US fans receiving PS3 Gundam games is good so far, so I think we have a good chance of getting this game sooner or later.
hotlimit

ZeroBusterXX wrote:0081 is a 30th Anniversary project though. And the track record for US fans receiving PS3 Gundam games is good so far, so I think we have a good chance of getting this game sooner or later.
I'm sorry, I meant I'd never own a PS3. Even if it doesn't get an official release in the US though, you can still import it.
ZeroBusterXX

Wow, apparently, well at least according to Gundam Ace, 0081 might be getting an anime version as well. Also, the Efreet model is actual called Efreet Nacht, maybe it's theme music will be Steel Beowulf?
Amadi Akintunde

ZeroBusterXX wrote:Wow, apparently, well at least according to Gundam Ace, 0081 might be getting an anime version as well. Also, the Efreet model is actual called Efreet Nacht, maybe it's theme music will be Steel Beowulf?
Source, please. Another hopefully good UC anime, but in HIGH DEF would be amazingly wonderful to everyone's ears.
ZeroBusterXX

Like most of the news regarding this game, it come from good ol' SRW Hotnews

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2009 ... ag-august/