Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Bremics

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Char: You must be an ace pilot.
Athrun: What makes you say that?
Char: Only an ace would pick a color like that.
This is what makes the DW:G games so fucking awesome.
Pray she never meets Athrun.
hotlimit

Bremics wrote:
Char: You must be an ace pilot.
Athrun: What makes you say that?
Char: Only an ace would pick a color like that.
This is what makes the DW:G games so ZOINKS awesome.
Camille's a man's name... and I'm a man!!
I was cracking up at this. What makes the game totally worth it to me is Scirocco laughing like mad whenever he starts blowing fools away. Oh how I've missed The O.
Mark064

Well looks like the Double X is now playable in Gundam vs Gundam NEXT as well as route F and stages from the PSP version of Gundam vs Gundam. Double X is another 3000 cost suit, Garrod and Tiffa are the pilots. Weapons are standard from what the Double X is, so I'm not going to go over them. Mobile assist is the G-Falcon. And as always there is a video on youtube of it.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
hotlimit

Mark064 wrote:Well looks like the Double X is now playable in Gundam vs Gundam NEXT as well as route F and stages from the PSP version of Gundam vs Gundam. Double X is another 3000 cost suit, Garrod and Tiffa are the pilots. Weapons are standard from what the Double X is, so I'm not going to go over them. Mobile assist is the G-Falcon. And as always there is a video on youtube of it.
Aww, I was hoping Paula would show up in the DX, considering she was the G-Falcon pilot. Also noob question (about the video), but why did DX lose almost all of it's armor when it respawned?
Mark064

A new feature in Gundam vs Gundam has been introduced called Cost Over. It works when the bar gets low. If the cost of your suit is more then the cost of the remaining points on the bar then you are penalized. For example if you only have 1000 points left on your bar and you have a 3000 point suit you lose a portion of armor.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
hotlimit

That's what it looked like but I thought that would be strange. In the arcades two people will play each other and set their computer partners to retreat to make like a 1-on-1 duel. How much each player costs is really important in this case. I think it would be kind of broken if one guy picked a 3000 suit and his opponent a 2000, and the 3000 guy got to come back one more time than he normally would (albiet with less armor).
Mark064

I think you're a bit confused about how the way it works. Maybe my explination wasn't the best? Let's say the bar has 10000 points, not sure of the exact number but it really doesn't matter. If you are a 3000 point guy and you lose 3 times there is only 1000 points left in the bar. Points are deducted when you die. Now in the previous vs games if you only had 100 points and you were playing as a 3000 point guy you got full health despite the fact your bar would technically be at -2000 at end, but negative didn't matter. This time it's you only have 1000 points left in the bar you lose a portion of your health so your 3000 points suit isn't worth 3000 anymore but 1000.
Mark064

Thanks to SRW Hotnews we have a shot of 3 new MS. Gundam Ez8, Qubeley Mark II (red) and the big shocker Unicorn Gundam.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Mark064 wrote:Thanks to SRW Hotnews we have a shot of 3 new MS. Gundam Ez8, Qubeley Mark II (red) and the big shocker Unicorn Gundam.
HAHA! FUCK YEAH!!

I'm gonna rock with the Ez8!! And I suppose the Unicorn will be nice. Go, white Gundams!
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
quasadra

THAT MEANS WE WILL HAVE SINANJU IN THE PORT!!! :twisted:

now now, i still have to wait...
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
hotlimit

Mark064 wrote:I think you're a bit confused about how the way it works. Maybe my explination wasn't the best? Let's say the bar has 10000 points, not sure of the exact number but it really doesn't matter. If you are a 3000 point guy and you lose 3 times there is only 1000 points left in the bar. Points are deducted when you die. Now in the previous vs games if you only had 100 points and you were playing as a 3000 point guy you got full health despite the fact your bar would technically be at -2000 at end, but negative didn't matter. This time it's you only have 1000 points left in the bar you lose a portion of your health so your 3000 points suit isn't worth 3000 anymore but 1000.
Ohhhhhh, I understand now, thanks. Yeah, that makes a LOT more sense, especially for what I was talking about. Are you sure they had that in GvG, and not just GvG: Next, because I've played GvG in the arcade and I don't remember that (although I probably wasn't paying enough attention.)
Mark064

Yup I'm 100% sure it was in Gundam vs Gundam.
Geoxile

Dammit, why the PSP, come back to the PS2!!! UNICORN!
Mark064

Well we still have no idea what they'll put Gundam vs Gundam NEXT on. This reminds me of the latest Gihren's Greed game. The original was put on the PSP and then the more advanced version hit both the PSP and PS2. So a console version is still a possibility.
hotlimit

I'm hoping PSP, because PSP is region free. Tekken 6, although not exclusive, is being released for PSP, presumably because the PSP needs all the help it can get. They might force NEXT to be PSP exclusive again.
quasadra

whatever they released on i will still able to play it, as long as it dont go to Wii... :P

at first i thought the NEXT Dash will make everything broken, but on closer look there are limitation to the dash. now i find it interesting to experiment with.
Shea

To be honest, the Wii might be the perfect place to put a game like Next.
Just the right amount of buttons, and motion control for sword work.
Might be nice.

But if the complaint is that you don't have one... with G Wars and The Conduit coming, not to mention Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Wario Land Shake It, Mega Man 9, and Twilight Princess there's quite a lot of reasons to own one now.
Plus they're not ultra-expensive, I got one after saving for a few weeks.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
quasadra

i dont think Wii is a good platfrom for Vs. series. my best bet is PSP. Ad Hoc multiplayer is very very important for this kind of game. it is a arcade fighter anyway, what motion control have to do with it. :evil:

now that you mention it, i just need a Wii to complete my collection of current gaming console... BTW, the only game i interested on Wii is Monster Hunter Tri.
Mark064

Why is this being treated as a it has to be on the Wii or PSP but not both situation? The PSP is a given but another console is a possibility
Amadi Akintunde

So getting this now.

Owning all your asses. <: