Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
NastyNate

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

What is up with andriasang.com/e being down or messed up!!!!? Of all times too during tgs!! Sure it works but the comments are disabled and the site looks all weird. :evil:
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

NastyNate wrote:What is up with andriasang.com/e being down or messed up!!!!? Of all times too during tgs!! Sure it works but the comments are disabled and the site looks all weird. :evil:
They did that to cope with the high traffic that is coming through the site during TGS. It's understandable.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
AmuroNT1

So some stuff has popped up from the TGS conference.

New Bosses: Zakrello, Big Rang, Destroy Gundam, and one of Zanscare's landships; I think it's the Adrastea.

Also, the Divinidad seems to come in two forms. One will be a standard giant boss, while the other will be a mass battle against several smaller, downgraded Divis at once, mimicking the final battle of CB.

EDIT: Apsaras II is in as well.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

Where is the tgs footage of extreme vs on the ps3? And I thought for sure they would announce a gundam game for the vita.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
AmuroNT1

All I've found is some gameplay with the old stuff, nothing fancy. There's a stream but I don't have the address.

Also, it was apparently leaked that Ribbons is in the game. Not sure in what capacity tho.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

PhineBuyM3

One of the guys at gamefaqs thinks he heard the seriyu for Amuro state that they were already working on the next game. If it's true, then Dynames' inclusion will be drowned out by whatever is added in the next game.
AmuroNT1

Also, an article on Famitsu.com reveals that Extreme Vs will have special non-playable MS as enemies for Arcade Mode, including the Dom, M1 Astray, Rick Dias, Overflag, and Batara (among others).

ned_2007

The trailer has a few seconds of gameplay featuring the Dynames. How will it be different than the Cherudim?

With the Raphael on the other hand, Trans-Am is activated through EX Burst if I am not mistaken. So technically I can Trans-Am as many times (with GN Tau drives) as I can in the game, provided I don't die.

Speaking about bosses, how about including the Galdaleza? It also looks like that Gundam 00 will have the most MS in the game than anybody else.

X-1 Full Cloth is a good addition but I always think it would be also cool to have X-1, X-2 AND X-3 in the game.
AmuroNT1

ned_2007 wrote:The trailer has a few seconds of gameplay featuring the Dynames. How will it be different than the Cherudim?

We don't know yet, it wasn't shown at TGS. All we do know is, it seems to have actual melee as well as ammunition for its beam pistols. They might handle the sniper rifle the way Cherudim did in very early builds, where it normally fires standard beam rifle shots and you have to charge it up to get sniper shots.
ned_2007 wrote:With the Raphael on the other hand, Trans-Am is activated through EX Burst if I am not mistaken. So technically I can Trans-Am as many times (with GN Tau drives) as I can in the game, provided I don't die.
...Um, that's the way ALL the Celestial Being Gundams have worked in this game. The Susanoo is an exception; it has Trans-Am as a once-per-life move like it was back in Next Plus.
ned_2007 wrote:Speaking about bosses, how about including the Galdaleza? It also looks like that Gundam 00 will have the most MS in the game than anybody else.
00 is popular right now, so of course they're throwing in everything they can. I'm sure if Unicorn had more named pilots they'd be getting included too. For that matter, I'm sure the Shamblo will be one of the bosses. As for the Gadelaza, I really hope they include something better and more interesting like the Alvatore/Alvaaron.
ned_2007 wrote:X-1 Full Cloth is a good addition but I always think it would be also cool to have X-1, X-2 AND X-3 in the game.
Except that Full Cloth already does everything X-3 would, plus it has its own unique tricks which justify its being a 3000-pointer.

Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

AmuroNT1 wrote:
ned_2007 wrote:X-1 Full Cloth is a good addition but I always think it would be also cool to have X-1, X-2 AND X-3 in the game.
Except that Full Cloth already does everything X-3 would, plus it has its own unique tricks which justify its being a 3000-pointer.
I could swear that in a trailer I watched that the Full Cloth was the X3. It even had the same pilot. Let me look for it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h6rfZsL-Y4#t=4m47s

Maybe I'm missing something. Did the X-1 change hands to that other pilot when it became the Full Cloth?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Arsarcana

Yes, at the end of the original Crossbone manga the X3 was destroyed and Seabook retired and handed off the X1 to Tobia. The machine then got upgraded a couple times and came to incorporate some of the equipment the X3 used to have, which explains why the X1 Full Cloth uses the Muramasa Blaster.
AmuroNT1

To expand on what Arsarcana said:

-At the end of Crossbone, Tobia sacrifices X-3 to destroy the real Dugatie's Divinidad (blocks the super-large mega particle cannon and with its I-Fields at full power). Kincaid/Seabook and Bera/Cecily retire, and Kincaid hands the X-1 and leadership of the Vanguard to Tobia.
-In Skull Heart, X-1 has been upgraded into the eponymous machine. The main differences are the skull design on the chest, the Peacock Smasher (beam bowgun with 7 barrels), and the restoration of one scissor anchor.
-In Steel 7, Skull Heart gets messed up by the Cornix, and in order to get it working quickly they add on spare parts left over from X-3, resulting in X-1 Patchwork. For the final battle, X-1 is upgraded into Full Cloth, which is a more perfect combination of X-1 and X-3.

2NA Fish

Arsarcana wrote:It sounds like you'll get your wish. They just announced G Generation 3D which from all appearances is yet more of the same **** ...
Admittedly, there's a glimmer of hope in that they mention Seishin Commands ....
Aww crud. 3DS... Don't have the money for another system. :(
Also, is it just me, or have they taken out keyframes from some of the animations?
Not particularly excited because I don't care much for 00. Will have to wait and see what the unit list is like. Anything less than 800 will be a meh. :P

Extreme VS gets better and better the more we see of it. I'm a bit disappointed in Dom and some other units not being playable, but all in all it's looking great. Oliver May!!!!!
PhineBuyM3

Seeing Harute and Zabanya in the sortie video of the 00 movie makes me think we just might have them revealed as playables, not getting my hopes up though.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I just hope that PS3 Vs. game gets released here in the US since it looks very awesome.

I'm glad that some of the smaller series are getting attention in that game like MS IGLOO, Astray, Crossbone. Thats the main reason why I'm getting so hyped for this game.

I know that the first suit I would like to play as is the Zudah from MS IGLOO.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
AmuroNT1

PhineBuyM3 wrote:Seeing Harute and Zabanya in the sortie video of the 00 movie makes me think we just might have them revealed as playables, not getting my hopes up though.
If anything, they'll probably be enemy exclusives for the Trial Missions. 00's already got seven units in this game, I don't think they need another two or three.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot wrote:I just hope that PS3 Vs. game gets released here in the US since it looks very awesome.
Again, I wouldn't bank on it, for the same reason they aren't making a 360 version: it just isn't profitable in the long run. It may be a bit expensive to import the game, but that's probably the only way any of us will ever get to play it. Of course, even if it did get released over here, I would probably stick with the import because Bamco America just doesn't care enough to produce a decent localization anymore.

PhineBuyM3

Copy/pasted from gamefaqs
So in total there were 3 stage shows. The most candid was the one at the tournament on Sunday. During the tournament Gotou(PS3 version producer) and Baba(arcade version producer) held a brief presentation on the PS3 version and the future of the arcade version.

Gotou talked about the game winning an award and thanked the players. He talked about the PS3 version having online play as well as mission mode to experience the world of Gundam. He went on to say that since you can practice on the PS3 version, he would like players to practice up and then head out to arcades.

Gotou and Baba are the only two people who have been involved with this series of Gundam games since the beginning 10 years ago. When Baba pressed the issue of the Astray Blue Frame appearing in the trailer, Gotou said that the number of units will increase. Just doing a straight port would be boring. We are putting in a lot of new content so be ready for future updates.

Next Baba talked about the newest game in the series. In reference to the previous event where Toru Furuya accidentally mentioned that Ribbons would be in the next game, Baba said(joked) that Furuya and the voice of Ribbons, Sougetsu Noboru, should be different people. He went on to say that the next game is in development and he would like to show it off soon.

The playable units will increase in the new version and there will be new features. They are looking to address issues of the game only being compatible with Japanese cell phones and the game using a specialized card, rather than a universal one.

If I'm reading this right, more port exclusives will be announced later on.
AmuroNT1

So it seems they're doing a special crossover promotion between ExVs and Gundam EXA, the Tokita manga where the protagonist uses memories to travel the different Gundam dimensions. It marks the first physical appearance of ex-, the pilot of the Extreme Gundam...who looks just freaking like Lelouch from Code Geass.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/29/k5ryd.jpg

(And yes, there is a girl holding a KamenRide card of Heero. She's apparently the rival in EXA.)

EDIT: Also very important and worth mentioning - Full Cloth and Raphael will NOT be permanent additions to the arcade version. They're only there until mid-October to promote an upcoming tournament and the PS3 release.

2NA Fish

Extreme Gundam's pilot character design is based on the guy who voices him - Gackt.

Also, you're wrong about Full Cloth and Raphael. They are currently restricted to CPU units, but there's an ongoing poll between them ending mid October which will have the winner released as the next playable unit for arcade. The other one will then be released later, after another month or so. They did the same thing with X2 and Deathscythe.
AmuroNT1

Trust me, I already know about the contest, but that's not what I'm talking about.

http://www.mechadamashii.com/news/news- ... me-versus/
The update is different in the sense that these mobile suits aren’t permanent entries but will only be available from September 28th to October 17th. This is all part of a cunning plan to help promote a large tournament as well as the upcoming release of the PS3 port in December