Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Official Gundam Next-Gen Games and Upcoming Releases III

Blightstrider wrote:Bah, can't find this anywhere else. Saw the game and was tempted to pick it up. However, I gotta ask, does DWG3 come with a option for Japanese dub with subs? I really did like the second one, but if I hear Michael Erikson as Shinn again, sharp objects will be put to ears.
I think you meant Matthew Erickson and I like him over the Japanese voice only just slightly so.

@Arbiter: Actually nope, blame it on the voice director for the games, they don't give them, the same direction, unlike when dubbing anime.

So there you go.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blightstrider

Matthew, Michael, Tomato-Potato! Same name in the end.

Anyway, Japanese dub available? Sweeet. Might pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday, it is a new release here since Australia is at the end of the world sometimes (EB-games does not even stock it >_>).

EDIT: Oh yeah. And thanks for the responses!
Kallor said: 'I walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I have commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I have spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes,' said Caladan Brood, 'you never learn.'
Mu La Flaga

Yeah there it matters, at least if you want to hate on him, get the name of the right guy :P

I personally don't mind him at all.
Arbiter GUNDAM

@Blightstrider: Get it, if for nothing else, for the cutscenes. It's pretty cool to see the Qubeley and the Unicorn duking it out and etc.

@Mu: Um, I'm going to interpret your meaning as, not the same voice actress and doesn't sound the same either?

Also, since DWG3 has now been released, can we make a separate thread for it? If not, then th question I have on my mind is how to raise friendships with pilots. I have not yet found a universally accepted method to do this.

Also, I wonder if the coming DLC will just have the Celestial Being boys, HOWARD MASON!!!! Er, I mean Mr. Bushido and Marida and their MS or will have new missions too.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
halo1000

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: Also, I wonder if the coming DLC will just have the Celestial Being boys, HOWARD MASON!!!! Er, I mean Mr. Bushido and Marida and their MS or will have new missions too.
NA gets a set of new missions as dlc tomorrow, europe the day after, then Mr Bushido and the Susanowoo are to be released in about a week, no word yet on the Kshatriya or the other 00 suits...
LightningCount

Mu La Flaga wrote:Yeah there it matters, at least if you want to hate on him, get the name of the right guy :P

I personally don't mind him at all.
Yeah, I actually like Matthew Erickson's voice work on Shinn. He brings the passion and rage to the character's inner demons (the scream of torment in episode 1's prologue is chilling). Though, personally, I think my favorite Erickson work on was Van Flyheight in Zoids: Chaotic Century and Zoids: Guardian Force. He owned that role.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Mu La Flaga

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:@Blightstrider: Get it, if for nothing else, for the cutscenes. It's pretty cool to see the Qubeley and the Unicorn duking it out and etc.

@Mu: Um, I'm going to interpret your meaning as, not the same voice actress and doesn't sound the same either?

Also, since DWG3 has now been released, can we make a separate thread for it? If not, then th question I have on my mind is how to raise friendships with pilots. I have not yet found a universally accepted method to do this.

Also, I wonder if the coming DLC will just have the Celestial Being boys, HOWARD MASON!!!! Er, I mean Mr. Bushido and Marida and their MS or will have new missions too.
No I said voice director, it's the person who gives the actor direction on how to use their voice.
Between games and anime, they dont have thoe same people to give them input.

And thus why their performance, seems a little different from what we remember.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhineBuyM3

Crossbone X2 gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xqPg9i_ ... ture=feedu

00 Qan[T] gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53amakBf ... ture=feedu

Unfortunately, Harute and Zabanya are assist attacks for 00 Qan[T], which is an obvious move to add Raphael later on. X2 is more focused on firepower with its moveset, which really sets it apart from X1's melee focused moveset. The last unlock should be the Messala released next month, then a port is announced at the TGS in Sep.
Mekton GM

I finally just unlocked Treize Khushrenada and cant wait to try the Tallgeese II.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Arbiter GUNDAM

Couple of questions regarding DWG3

1. I've done all the history missions up to Turn A Gundam and now there don't seem to be any more history missions even though I should be able to proceed on to SEED. What gives?

2. Lacus is technically a pilot in this game and it got me to thinking about what it would take to get her into the cockpit for "real." After all, she was a Gundam Valet.

Spoiler
Oh and I got to see Loran in his Laura Rolla getup for the first time and that is majorly creepy.

--Freyja Wion
Outlaw

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:1. I've done all the history missions up to Turn A Gundam and now there don't seem to be any more history missions even though I should be able to proceed on to SEED. What gives?
How far are you in the main story? I'm not sure if they're connected as I had beaten story mode before touching them, but it might be worth checking. When I got stuck I would just complete other missions till new history missions happened to open up.

On an aside, check your terminal. Completing history missions raises your friendship with Dianna in turn unlocking more missions. If you accidentally missed the message that could be what's holding you up. A mistake I also made on a couple occasions. :P
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Yes, I have beaten the main story and I have been keeping up with the terminal. I'm not sure what else to do. I have to admit, it's a bit annoying.

--Freyja Wion
Outlaw

Only other thing I can think of is raising friendships, I know a few history missions require getting friendships up. History missions went pretty smoothly for me, now if you were talking collection missions I could help. Printed out a checklist for that.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Is it possible to raise friendship with pilots doing missions that you've already done before?

--Freyja Wion
Espdude

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Is it possible to raise friendship with pilots doing missions that you've already done before?
Yes. I've found that the easiest way is to pick the pilot you want to raise your friendship with as your partner then just spam missions till their friendship goes up.
Mekton GM

English version DLC for the Mister Bushido character pack officealy relased today!!!
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
NastyNate

Mekton GM wrote:English version DLC for the Mister Bushido character pack officealy relased today!!!
What!!!&##$%& Thanks for the heads up. I have not seen that on any gaming sites I will see for myself when I get on tonight. I don't care about Bushido but this is one step closer to Marida!
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
NastyNate

Ah ok I did a quick search and this site lines up the dwg 3 dlc releases. Marida comes out on Aug 10 :x . Still no word on the Celestial boys either. :(
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

NastyNate

Bandai Namco games talks psp remakes and they place Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus high on their list of wanting to do!!! Heres for hoping 4 player support.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... remasters/

Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

NastyNate wrote:Bandai Namco games talks psp remakes and they place Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus high on their list of wanting to do!!! Heres for hoping 4 player support.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... remasters/
I was a little confused as to what this meant, but it seems these are HD remakes that will be ported to the ps3. A diagram for the Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD version seems to show that multiple ps3s should be able to play together via wi-fi, so I am glad for that. I hope it should be the same for other ports.

Seeing that Next+ might get a port, I might refrain from buying that psp AV cable so I can do recordings since I can already record from my ps3.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel