Climax UC or EAvsZAFT 2?

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.

Which game?

EAvsZAFT 2
53%
Climax UC
47%

Total votes: 15
Bremics

Climax UC or EAvsZAFT 2?

Since my we are going to buy a modded PS2 slim, I was wondering which of the two I should get.

Climax UC has essentially every UC era in it, but seems to have little replayablilty.

EAvsZAFT 2 seems like ir has more addiotional features as well as more MS.
Pray she never meets Athrun.
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Have to go with AvsZ 2 Plus buddy. Climax is a solid game overall, but the other is just plain better.
ZZ Gundam

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate and go with Climax here. I mean who wouldn't want a game where you play throught from the OYW to F91. AvsZ2 looks like a good game built on the FvZ model, but Climax looks to be a better game overall. However I will say that it really comes down to the question: "Which universe are you a fan of more, UC or CE?" Both games look solid, and are worth the investment, but if It's only one choice, I'd go with Climax UC.
Mecha Gaming Forum A place for mecha friends.
volrath77

Re: Climax UC or EAvsZAFT 2?

Bremics wrote:Since my we are going to buy a modded PS2 slim, I was wondering which of the two I should get.
No. What you should get is the standard PS2 instead of the slim version because chances are, no matter which one of the two games you pick, you are probably going to play for hours on end and I've heard many complaints on how it gets very hot quickly since it doesn't have any fans whatsoever. Heck, even the shopkeeper where I usually buy my games doesn't want to sell me one of the slimlines because of this.

Anyway to answer your question, I'd say get EAvsZAFT2 since you're asking about which one of the two you should get. If you're looking for some serious mech battles however, abandon both of them and get the AC series or something else instead.
AmuroNT1

I know people who have played both games, and so far I have yet to hear a good thing about Climax. What I have heard is that it plays like NET (in terms of bad control) and, despite the fact that the game boasts covering First through F91, there are several glaring omissions in terms of both MS and storyline.

As for AvZ2+...I have yet to hear anything really bad about it. In fact, as far as I can recall, the biggest complaint is simply that they didn't include the Blu, Verde, and Kerberos BuCUE as bonus units. Even people who were only lukewarm about Seed say it's a great game in terms of gameplay and fun factor.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Well, as you know, replayability is an issue for Climax.......and the charge attack feature gets pretty cumbersome. Still, there's the solid, weighted feel of the mechs and interesting missions, like where you're Char mowing down dozens of Gaza-C units at once with the Mega Bazooka Launcher. Like I said, over all, it's still a solid game, particularly in comparison to most Gundam games. It's just that IMHO, you'll get more [for your buck] outta AvZ 2 Plus.

I always complain about both the lack of zero-G space combat and campaign mode....but those are just my gripes. The game, really has quite a bit to offer you in terms of interaction, specifically Plus mode. I always complained about how they didn't make use of enough of the things they had in the original vs. games.......but they really fixed that with AvZ 2 Plus.

But yeah, if you're more into UC then, shoot, go for Climax.
Jams

AvZ2. AvZ2. If you where looking for a compleate playthrough of the UC series from MSG to F91, you'll still be dissapointed. Like Amuro NT1 said, there are HUGE gaps in the storyline. Example; ZZ Gundam only has two stages. I think the only series done properly in the game is Zeta...

AvZ2, IMO, is much better. PLUS mode should keep you busy for a while, and arcade modes very good too. The only flaw with it really is that in AvZII there's never more than 5 MS fighting at one time. But hey, its still brilliant, especialy if you have someone to play co-op arcade with. :)

So yeah, I would recommend AvZ2 unless you really, really, really hate the CE series. Even then I would still have trouble recommending Climax UC over AvZII.
-Coming Soon-
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Allience VS ZAFT 2 had more replayability, if you wanted to take a rest from PLUS Mode, you could go into arcade mode. However, I did like Climax UC a bit better.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
bluemax151

Alliance vs Zaft 2 is the lesser of the two evils single player and definitely more entertaining multiplayer.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010