Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Mattro

Re: Gundam Vs. Series Discussion Topic

Is it me or is MB "shying" away from Not-Gundam Unlocks? afaik there has only been 3 new suits added that aren't gundams (Char Zaku, Black Qubeley, and Brave Commander, well not counting the FB clone DLC)
AmuroNT1 wrote:Mattro: Honestly, I prefer Altron TV to EW at least in terms of gameplay. Maybe it loses some of the more fun melee bits (like the uppercut into Hokuto Hyakuretsuken), but it has a much better ranged game and the flamethrowers allow some great set-ups.
i agree that the TV version has much better range abilities but i just like my melee suits to have fun melee, EW did that, TV has a fun dragon claw grab move which I'd say is its meat and potatoes of its gameplay and its fun to use, but its main melee is pretty slow and slightly boring, at least it has flamethrowers
ZeonsSilverStar

If we're still talking about suggestions I'd say put in both the Byalant and Baund Doc, 2000 and 2500 cost respectively, for Jerid. As mentioned Quavarze would be cool since Crossbone desperately needs some non Gundam suits. With this one you could even toss in the Abijo and Tortuga assists. While I'm on the subject of Crossbone if they stay the clone route they could add Harrison's F91. Since I mentioned clones why not add Beecha's Hyaku Shiki just to have the whole Gundam Team. Of course it would have to have the Mega Rider as an assist, I surprised the Elle's MK II didn't have it. Also the Geymalk, Doven Wolf, and Bawoo are just begging to be added. The Saviour Gundam needs some love too. Last bit for now I would really love to see the Dark Hound and Legilis R since, and I say this with no shame, I loved Memory of Eden.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
InjuredPelican

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:If we're still talking about suggestions I'd say put in both the Byalant and Baund Doc, 2000 and 2500 cost respectively, for Jerid.
Only problem I have with this is Jerid having a suit more powerful than Yazan. No way no how, even with Jerid's impressive improvements in skill over the series. It could be amended by making Hamrabi 2500 though...

A crazy idea I had was that he could have an evolving suit, on that chnages from a low level grunt like Hizack and ends with the powerful Baun Doc. Another more likely idea is to simply give him a lot of assists, namely most of his friends and allies killed by Kamille over the course of the series.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
ZeonsSilverStar

With the Zeong and Hyaku Shiki being bumped up I'm surprised the Hambrabi wasn't.

Now with the assist idea I could see Jerid having Kacricon in a Marasai, Lila in the Galbaldy, and Mouar in the Gabthely. Of course Jerid would have to do an anguished cry every time one is blown up.
AmuroNT1

ZeonsSilverStar wrote:Now with the assist idea I could see Jerid having Kacricon in a Marasai, Lila in the Galbaldy, and Mouar in the Gabthely. Of course Jerid would have to do an anguished cry every time one is blown up.
Hey, it works for the Gun-EZ...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Xenosynth

My favorite is when Katejina starts laughing after shooting Cronicle's Rig Shokew in the back when it is using the melee attack (2ac).
AmuroNT1

I honestly missed that, but then I tend to use the mega launcher attack instead.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Mu La Flaga

Curiously is it supposed to be 27th or 28th for next DLC batch?
Because either way and I kind of forgot, that by the time next week rolls around in my time zone the DLC will probably be practically out or close to coming out.

So get that funds for your wallets ready :P
AmuroNT1

Full Boost debut trailer for the Re-GZ, Strike Rouge, and Banshee Norn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF4m2t9-oiA

And yeah, it's the 27th.

For anyone who missed it, the three new units' movesets:

Re-GZ (1000)
-BWS Mode
a: Beam Cannon & Mega Beam Cannon
b: Grenade Launcher
ab: Mega Beam Cannon (Gerobi)
ac: BWS Purge (change to MS Mode)
bc: Barrel Roll
EX: Full Fire

-MS Mode
a: Beam Rifle
ab: Arm Grenade Launcher
ac: Hip Grenade Launcher
bc: Dummy Balloons

nbbb: Lateral Slash -> Uppercut Slash -> Down Slash
8bb: Tackle -> Saber Slash
4/6bb: Shield Punch -> Tackle
2b: Uppercut Slash
cc8b: Stab

EX: Full Fire

NOTE: During EX Burst, the Psycoframe sample flies around the Re-GZ; its aura negates enemy ranged attacks.

Strike Rouge + Ootori (2000)
a: Beam Rifle
CSa: Beam Launcher (Gerobi)
CSa during EX: Full Fire
n.ab: Beam Launcher
2ab: Railgun
ac: Small Missiles
n.bc: Murasame Assist (Defense)
8/4/6/2bc: Murasame Assist (Support)
2b: Anti-Vessel Sword (Throw)

nbbb: Anti-Vessel Sword (3 hits)
8b: Sword Thrust
4/6b: Double Uppercut Slash
cc8b: Flash Cut to Triple Slash
a (origination during any combo): Armor Schneider Stab to Igelstellung
bc (origination during any combo): Somersault to Armor Schneider Combo

EX: Ootori Separate Attack (beatdown combo)

Banshee Norn (3000)
a: Beam Magnum
CSa: Mega Cannon (Gerobi)
n.ab: Revolving Launcher MGaAP (delayed explosion)
4/6ab: Revolving Launcher Anti-Air Missiles (spread)
2ab: Revolving Launcher Micro-Hide Bombs (functions like Gyan's ab)
CSb: Revolving Launcher Napalm (fire stun)
ab: Special Movement (barrel roll)

nbbbb: Beam Saber (x2) -> Tonfa Elbow -> Overhead Kick
8bbb: Shield Attack -> Lifting Kick -> Flash Cut
4/6bbb: Right Slash -> Heel Drop -> Uppercut Slash
2b: Revolving Launcher Beam Jitte (melee counter)
cc8b: Flash Cut -> Thrust & Kick
bc: Armed Armor DE (Thrust)

EX: "Get outta my face!" (beatdown combo)

ZeonsSilverStar

The 27th cannot get here quick enough. Pounding Banshee Riddhe will be glorious.
Mu La Flaga

Those look cool, I will probably get all 3 this time around since even Banshee Norn is like different enough in a way from standard Banshee.
Mattro

totally looking forward to Norn and Ootori. Also gamefaqs says the next Maxi Boost unlock is going to be Nobel gundam. thats kinda cool, Nobel was fun to use in N+ even if she wasn't that great.
AmuroNT1

There are rumors about Nobel, but to my knowledge no concrete proof as of yet.

Mu La Flaga

Well sometimes the rumours end up being true and sometimes not.
I can kind of hope something happens because G Gundam could do with some more units anyways.
InjuredPelican

Its easy enough to believe, since Nobel has been in before and is still quite popular.It was included in Gundam Breaker too, if that means anything.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Mattro

https://twitter.com/abyss19930626/statu ... 81/photo/1

Nobel Gundam is coming in at 2000 cost. i bet Shining will be 2500.
AmuroNT1

The new Full Boost DLC is out. My thoughts in brief:

-Re-GZ: If you skip any of the new guys, I'd say this one. It's forced to start off with the BWS which makes it something of a potato to begin with because of how hard it is to get enemies in range. Let's face it: this engine wasn't made for fighter combat. Without the BWS it's basically a much weaker Zeta Gundam.

-Strike Rouge: I actually quite like this one. It feels a little like a scaled-back Freedom, but the missile pod and Murasames provide more move variety. The sword throw is a mean little stun move that lets you set up for bigger combos. All in all, the people who were concerned about Cagalli's debut in the Vs. series need worry no longer.

-Banshee Norn: While I like the Norn, it's kind of hard to encapsulate my feelings for it. I've always preferred melee MS, and Norn is obviously the ranged version of the base Unicorn. While it's very good, it's also a 3000-cost machine, which might put some players off. It has a lot of moves thanks to its various Revolving Launcher rounds, which allow you to play some fun mind games with the enemy as long as you're careful with it. If anything, the Armed Armor DE claw move feels like an afterthought and a little out of place on such a long-range machine.

ZeonsSilverStar

I went ahead and snagged all three. Playing with the Re-GZ right now and I have agree with on the BWS, a regular transformation would've been preferred.
AmuroNT1

Well, the moves are powerful IF you can connect with them, especially the BWS Purge. But once it's in MS Mode it's basically a weaksauce Zeta clone.

ZeonsSilverStar

Yeah the BWS Purge is my favorite move right now. The Re-GZ being a Zeta clone doesn't bother me, once I get the Zeta Zaku I'll have all of them.