Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2011)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Mr Bushido

Re: Latest Gundam/Mecha Merchandise thread (2008-2010)

I do find the MG Victory to be quite a bother also. Although it was an interesting build but the whole transformation and the legs being the most problematic. So I just leave it standing as it is kinda like what rrobbert184 does with his MG Unicorn ver.ka.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
young_oldtype

Got an HG 1/144 Stark Jegan and I feel like sharing it out here. This kit sure has a lot of runners for an HG model, with clear beam sabers even. I almost feel like assembling a small MG kit. I'm less than halfway done and so far I'm enjoying it. And this is the first time I'm simultaneously building and painting a model kit.

Alright, pics later.

EDIT: False alarm. Those ain't dry transfers. :(
Last edited by young_oldtype on Sun May 16, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theoden wrote:[/color]Spears shall be shaken, shields be splintered! A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

See bullcrap here.
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN:
Praxis
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I searched this whole thread for it with no results, so I guess it's safe to say that no one mentioned this upcoming figure yet:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN962069

It's not exactly my dream come true, but close enough.

I've also just completed the 1/144 HGUC Gaplant while collecting the no-grade Limited Model series. So far I've got the Jenice, the Daughtress and the G-Falcon (GX). And I've just received the Leo (GW) in the mail this week!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
bluemax151

@G-slayer

No one really talks about MSiA/EMSiA/RD/etc on here. I had noticed and have several on preorder myself. It looks to be an excellent release and something I've been waiting probably over 10 years for personally. There also supposedly a White Dingos version from the Dreamcast Rise from the Ashes game. Not sure if they've announced that it's going to be a tamashii web exclusive or not.

check out this thread for more shots
http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewt ... 3D2&page=3

pics of the WD version
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/ ... 0II/02.jpg
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/ ... a5ea42.jpg

I usually discuss this sort of thing on Gundam Board in Action.
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Gundam/inde ... 579001ecda&
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Jaynz

Gundam SEED HG Duel with Assault Shroud

I think I only want to sum up on this one. The Duel itself is actually a very nice piece, good colors, usual HG stuff, all said. if you're a Gundam SEED fan, then this is probably a piece you're going to want to pick up anyway, but it's a little generic as a mobile suit to be a 'must get' for anyone else.

Unfortunately the asssault shroud is a major failure. It comes on two 'afterthought sprues' and requires a heavy amount of painting to look anywhere near right. Most of the trim and intakes require bright orange paint on darker shades of gray, whih will make it a bit tough to get to look right. It's very much like someone said "Well, we got the Duel done, but oh crap it's not enough to warrant an HG box!"

A SEED fan (or Yzak fan, at least) and completist will want this, but it's tough to recommend otherwise. For the price, there's a lot better out there in the same line.
quasadra

finished MG Wing yesterday. nothing major to complain about. there are only two place i have some trouble with:

1. like somebody here said(forgot who), the ankle is a bit fragile looking. just a piece of ABS connecting it to the leg(its actually part of the transforming thing). it sways a bit while play with it, but it never break or something. just the swaying bothers me a little. then again, i posed it with a stand, problem solved. :mrgreen:

2. the wing assembly is quite complicated, make sure you read the manual carefully.

thats all. now i am waiting for RD Lancelot Club and 1.5 Gundam to arrive.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Heecarl_Reez

Just arrived: Master Grade Wing Gundam, looking forward to build this kit :).. Aside from that I bought MG Victoy ver Ka (should arrived in few more days), Gundam marker Gray for panel lining, and the marker one, and replacement blade for my design knife.
blind_dead_mcjones

Acquired the following today:

MG: Astray Red Frame Kai (with bonus 30th anniversary clear campaign parts)
Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise

1/144 HG: Seraphim Gundam
D50C Loto twin set
quasadra wrote: 1. like somebody here said(forgot who), the ankle is a bit fragile looking. just a piece of ABS connecting it to the leg(its actually part of the transforming thing)
*raises hand* that would be me, wasn't aware it was part of the transformation though, thats quite interesting
Flag Fighter for life!
quasadra

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:*raises hand* that would be me, wasn't aware it was part of the transformation though, thats quite interesting
SO, ITS YOU... :mrgreen:

it link all the way up to the kneecap. so when you bent it forward for the transformation, the ankle retract inward; streamlining the entire leg. it is sturdier than it looks though. this Wing may not win some prize or something, but it is a very awesome representation of the design. it actually made me even more excited for the Wing Zero.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Hey, another LM Leo is coming my way though I have to finish priming and painting my Daughtress, which I hope to do this weekend. And I'm torn about whether to buy the HG G Gundam now or wait until my backlog's done.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
reeoyuy

A list of latest merchandise for me :
1. Yamato 1/60 VF-0s : my third 1/60 Macross toys and my first Yamato-made. Got nothing bad to say about the toy itself, I'm satisfied and really worth the price. However I'm shocked when I saw the box, it's freakingly HUGE. It may reinforce the image as expensive toy, but Yamato should learn effective packaging method from Bandai (and styrofoam coffin wins over plastic tray 8) )
2. SIC Vol.42 Masked Rider Den-O Sword Form & Momotaros Imagin : again, nothing bad to say here. Love Den-O proportion & design; it's just perfect.
3. HG Astraea Type F : the most generous kit that Bandai ever created. Aside from tons of weapons, it also contained ALL parts from HG Exia (except for shoulder GN Stripes). So you can build crimson Exia if you want. And of course, all Exia weapons (GN Sword, GN Blades, GN Shield) are all included. Adding more weapon to already numerous weapons. About 2/3 done now.
4. MG Wing Gundam : it's cool to see that many people also getting this :D. I don't care whatever flaws it has, I dreamed for decent version of Wing TV for a very long time. Will start on it after Astraea finished.
Jaynz

SD G Generation DS
Got this on an import on the cheap, and I'm actually pretty happy with it, despite not knowing any Japanese (hopefully I'll learn some by using this game!). It's a tactical game, first and foremost, featuring an insane number of mobile suits and ships. It's got pretty much everything most people will think of in UC, and a smattering of suits, pilots, and info from other lines. It's not quite up to the quality of G Generation Wars, but since it's a DS game, this isn't surprising.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a 'must get' (not being able to read Katakana, must less Kanji, I'm missing a LOT), but it's definately a nice addition for a Gundam fan. Another plus is that since it's a DS game, you don't need a modded system to play it!
blind_dead_mcjones

Finished my X1 crosbone ver.ka a few days ago, pretty happy with the result despite two minor issues, the first being how fragile the plastic was in some places (the sliding facemask, connector for the left toe/foot piece, and the outer pegs for the outer thigh armour) and second is the core fighter getting stuck inside the torso and won't come out not matter how hard i pull at the damn thing
Flag Fighter for life!
Jaynz

HG Gundam Astray Red Frame
Picked this up as more of a lark than anything last week, finally put it together yesterday. I want to say more nice things about this suit than I can, as it puts together fairly nicely at the end and looks fairly striking. But, unfortunately, this model has a fairly insane flaw in it. Every single piece on the red sprue has a slight 'overflow' or 'bit error' which means pieces will not line up unless you explicitly trim little squares off of every single piece. This was a first for me, and it made for a much more difficult build than it actually needed to be.

The suit itself isn't all that special, but comes off as a 'what if the CE Gundams got a Musha fetish?" The huge iron katana (daito?) comes off looking a little silly, particularly when the frame already has two large beam sabers on it. Otherwise it builds like most mobile suits and isn't all that special in terms of design. It's not bad, per se, just not all that interesting (and, since it's Astray, holds no emotional connection to me at all), and coupled with the red sprue issue, I probably would have been happier with something else.
Jaynz

Apologies for the double post, but the text editor was barfing big time...

HG Gundam Gaia (Stella Type)
I both recieved and built this suit yesterday as well. The Gaia is one of the three stolen ZAFT suits taken over by Phantom Pain. It is fairly unique in that it is transformable to a 'beast' mode resembling the BuCue's also from Gundam Seed. The suit builds surprisingly smoothly for the expected complexity, and despite having colors out of the Masterforce era of Decepticons, actually looks pretty good.

I do consider the use of 'part-swapping' to be a cheat in transformation, and, unfotunately, the Gaia does indeed do this with the lower-arms/forelegs. This results in having to have a few parts 'not in the model' depending on which mode you display the Gaia, which is more than a little annoying. Also, there's the usual reliance on stickers for color, which is a bit vexing since the suit's main color is black and therefore hard to paint. The stickers also do not adequately cover the red trim that features prominently on the suit, leaving large parts (notably the shield) looking rather plain before painting.

Despite a few pesky flaws, the Gaia isn't a bad suit at this scale, particularly since it's pretty easy to find on the cheap as the SEED Destiny suits are being pushed aside in general.
blind_dead_mcjones

finished the loto twin set a few days ago, the models are actually remarkably solid (though i was handling them very gingerly, especially when transforming of them with the alleged knee issue in mind), two things amaze me with the model, one how balanced it is considering the bulk hanging off of its back, and second the fact that like the much larger master grades it has its own internal frame which all the parts mount onto.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/ ... C10027.jpg
Flag Fighter for life!
exxecutor000

Jaynz, regarding the HG Red Frame:
. But, unfortunately, this model has a fairly insane flaw in it. Every single piece on the red sprue has a slight 'overflow' or 'bit error' which means pieces will not line up unless you explicitly trim little squares off of every single piece. This was a first for me, and it made for a much more difficult build than it actually needed to be.
If your refer the manual (Dalong: http://dalong.net/review/seed/sh12/p/sh12_m0006.jpg , the excess bit is meant to be cut (so you will need to cut twice at different angle, at each sprue point of this type)-this sprue design meant to reduce visible nip/cut mark :). HG Akatsuki Shiranui/Oowashi also have this sprue design.
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Dark Duel

young_oldtype wrote:Got an HG 1/144 Stark Jegan and I feel like sharing it out here. This kit sure has a lot of runners for an HG model, with clear beam sabers even. I almost feel like assembling a small MG kit. I'm less than halfway done and so far I'm enjoying it. And this is the first time I'm simultaneously building and painting a model kit.
I know, I had a TON of fun assembling it too, though I didn't have any yellow paint so mine ended up looking a bit different from how it's supposed to.

OTOH, the FA 7th Gundam was an unbelievable pain in the neck to deal with. Assembly was okay. Painting it sucked. Especially those awful little grey bits on the sides of the head.
And since I mention the FA 7th, I have one major problem with it: The beam sabers. Specifically, the point where they dock into the backpack. It's extremely loose, so they fall out very easily. But once it's put together, great kit.

Pics later.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
quasadra

received RD V2 Assault Buster, RD Lancelot Club, and HG 1.5 Gundam.

1) V2 is awesome enough, double layer plastic tray for all of its stuff. some problem i find are minor paint spilling issue, the chest is a little too small, and godly heavy(this is really to be expected). i dont think i will ever shell out for the eventual MG, so this is the next best thing. and this cost the same as a standard MG already.

2) Lancelot Club is not up to my expectation. loose joint and paint spilling is back again. after the 3 M9 plus V2, i thought the loose joint issue have been fixed. curiously, only the 2 KMF i own have this issue. its almost like each line is design by different people. articulation is where it shine, some crazy pose can be achieve if only the joint would just be sturdy enough to hold the pose. fun fact: this is the cheapest RD out of those i own.

3) 1.5 Gundam is simply awesome in every way. the HG line have been really awesome lately, this is no exception. without all the fancy gimmick of Reborns, its a much sturdy kit. i have a lot of fun biulding it. and the binders is a really great addition, adding so much pose variation. also learn from the manual that it can curve its beam like Regnant when in Assault Mode. now thats cheating :mrgreen: .

next round of merchandise are around early next month. featuring only Figma Saber Alter.
Jaynz

exxecutor000 wrote:If your refer the manual (Dalong: http://dalong.net/review/seed/sh12/p/sh12_m0006.jpg , the excess bit is meant to be cut (so you will need to cut twice at different angle, at each sprue point of this type)-this sprue design meant to reduce visible nip/cut mark :). HG Akatsuki Shiranui/Oowashi also have this sprue design.
Oh, I know, I saw that.. but I also think that they pulled it off with their little tabs in the exacty same way that a plane made out of lead would fly. :P

Anyway, picked up and assembled the Chaos, but I'll write that up later.