Zeta Gundam re-release by Bandai

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Momaru

I have heard this too, that the individual release of Zeta has corrected subs. I've yet to confirm this however. I hate those losers at Bandai that won't replace peoples DVDs who ran out and bought the limited edition DVDs like I did. It looks like I will be having to do some...things to get my hands on those corrected subtitles.
I really wish that Bandai would release the remastered version of Gundam here in America. If wishes were horses...
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
mcred23

Momaru wrote:I have heard this too, that the individual release of Zeta has corrected subs. I've yet to confirm this however.
Consider it confirmed; the individual releases of Zeta do have "corrected" (For lack of a better term) subtitles, as opposed to the dubtitles found on the boxset DVD's.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Jak Crow

I remember seeing a few clips from Zeta that had some pretty good looking animation that I thought looked way better than the series. I only have up to disc 4 of the previous release. Does the animation get better in later episodes? Cuz I may go with the new release if so. Or was what I saw from one of the compilation movies?
Quiddity

Jak Crow wrote:I remember seeing a few clips from Zeta that had some pretty good looking animation that I thought looked way better than the series. I only have up to disc 4 of the previous release. Does the animation get better in later episodes? Cuz I may go with the new release if so. Or was what I saw from one of the compilation movies?
The animation is very inconsistent depending on the animation director for the particular episode. (like most shows of this era, although I'd say by ZZ the animation is for the most part pretty consistent). Toshimitsu Kobayashi, Hiroyuki Kitazume and Naoyuki Onda episodes have great animation. Kisaraka Yamada and Yasuhiro Seo episodes have so-so animation. Akihiro Kanayama episodes are horrific and look like a 5 year old drew them. I'd say by the latter half of the series most of the episodes look pretty good except for 32, 38, 43, 48 and 49.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.