Gackt's 0079-0088

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kratos

Gackt's 0079-0088

Wasn't sure whether this belonged here or in the merchandise section...anyways...

Anybody else had a listen of this new album? I downloaded it about a week ago, and I have to say, it isn't bad. There're a couple tracks on it that aren't all that great (Dybbuk leaps immediately to mind), but for the most part, I find it quite enjoyable. Especially when Gackt belts out classic Gundam tunes - nothing like a modern popstar belting out Ai Senshi for all it's worth. Plus, the dialog snippets inserted into certain songs add a nice connection to the animated series (if also a touch of cheese, but who doesn't love a tiny bit of cheesy Amuro-Char rival dialog?). I recommend at least a download, if not a purchase; that really depends on how big a fan of Gackt you are.
AU_Gundam MK II

Metamorphose sounds like a great song he made for New Translation. Got hooked ever since hearing the instrumental version in G Generation Spirits.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
~SEED~

Please do not discuss file sharing. - Fritz
Sorry :oops:
anyway Am I the only one that likes dybukk?
Last edited by ~SEED~ on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
Gone Astray

I was kind of disappointed by the track listing; with six re-recordings, it honestly seems like an expansion of THE SIXTH DAY than a standalone album. But the songs all seem to be very appropriate for Gundam, even "Dybbuk," though I can't stand that song. However, I think "sekirei ~SEKI-RAY~" would've been a better choice over "Love Letter."

Here's hoping he makes another Gundam-themed video, although I can't see him topping the one for "Metamorphose."
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Kratos

~SEED~ wrote:Am I the only one that likes dybukk?
My only real issue with Dybukk is that it's such a jarring contrast to the other songs on the album. The style of music is completely different, and I don't think it meshes all that well with the other tracks, the majority of which are very melodic (as opposed to the somewhat cacophonous sound of Dybukk). I've heard worse songs, though.
Kurosawa

yeah, I agree that the differing styles don't mesh well, and the track list is a tad disappointing with only a few new songs, but with his work as Uesugi Kenshin, I guess it can't really be helped that he hasn't released many new songs.
Rice...its a way of life