Upcoming Models, Merch & Rumors Mk V

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Jak Crow

My point has been these are really good kits, better than most of the no-grades, and compare extremely well to MGs that are still coming out today, despite there being a variety of newer articulation designs that have been used for other MGs. Construction of the Akatsuki and the Noir, excluding the inner framework, were extremely similar. I don't see this being that much of a stretch when put into context. If they were no longer making MGs like the Strike Noir / IWSP, and everything was now like MG Destiny, I wouldn't be making this comparison. Don't you agree?

Also, no one has even touched on the Blue Frame item I posted about :P
Derringer

The IJ's head is too small and its legs have some sort of odd quality that make them appear ridiculous without its giant backpack
Jak Crow

Yeah. It's something about being "design choices" for the sake of sleekness or something. The legs almost seem to too long and spindly, but when held up next to other models, they're no longer than normal. It generally works as a complete package though.
Derringer

The IJ 1/100 scale doesn't quite match its BEECRAFT lineart, which is the problem.

1/100 kits still use polycap joints (particularly in the legs) that become extremely loose over time. They seem to be experimenting in the arm design though.

The 1/100 IJ, Legend, Amatu, and Akatsuki have a joint cover behind 2 polycaps. The 1/100 Saviour uses an ABS peg and a polycap.

1/100 Exia uses all ABS in its arm assembly simlar to that of the double hinged arms on MG kits starting from the RX79[G], and is visually different when compared to the Dynames, Kyrios, and Virtue.

Dyanmes and Virtue use all ABS plastic as well for the joint, but it's one piece that hooks onto to the top and bottom portion of the arm with a joint cover. Perhaps this design explains why the 1/100 Virtue cannot properly hold its GN Bazooka without it sagging.

Kyrios went back to the half ABS peg and polycap design of the 1/100 Saviour

Note the variation in the arms for the 00 kits can also be attributed to different GN belt positions, and that it's rather interesting to note that all the 00 suits are built differently unlike that of the SEED/Destiny model line.
Jak Crow

When I was wondering if there was a MG IJ at the time, I came across these. It's vary purdy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/busterbeam ... 819998908/
Gone Astray

Jak Crow wrote:When I was wondering if there was a MG IJ at the time, I came across these. It's vary purdy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/busterbeam ... 819998908/
It's a rather nice piece, but we've got that one thread for posting things like this; you should've revived that poor thread with it.

And I'm absolutely loving the 1/144 Nadleeh, especially that rifle. That big blade attachment would look great in a "chop you good!" pose with a Flag or Tieren (or with a GN-X, if Bandai will be so kind as to put that design in kit form).
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Ravager

Dark Duel wrote:And yet, we've not yet gotten a Forbidden Blue/Vortex, a Sword Calamity, or Raider Full Spec, which are popular designs (Well, the SC is at least), and would be very easy to roll out by modifying the existing molds for the Calamity, Forbidden and Raider.

As for the Slaughter Dagger, it was just repackaging the 105 from the Gunbarrel Dagger kit release with a different Striker - Still nothing genuinely new other than a lame NG Strike Dagger.
You know..after browsing through the new Frame Astray series line of MS, i wouldn't mind if they released the Hyperion G. I'd be the first to get that one! Because it's got a dagger body with Hyperion equipment and a cool color scheme..it wouldn't be hard for Bandai to combine molds from previous kits
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
auriga

Because it's got a dagger body
No, it's still the Hyperion body. The only thing of the "old" Dagger we get is the backpack-mounted machine gun/beam rifle and the shield used by the 105/Slaughter Daggers. The head is also an entirely new design. Other than that, everything else is taken from the Hyperion.

So it won't be a "combine molds from previous kits" affair. Bandai's going to have to design the new head, redesign the Dagger machine gun, and patch up holes left by the removal of Armure Lumiere emitters. But it's still a relatively simple thing to do.
Ravager

I'm very rusty. And the lack of stats on the profile doesn't help either. But i thought its head came from a 105
The Titans Test Team: They go through more mobile suits than Jerid Messa on his best day!
auriga

The head looks like the child of the Hyperion's (note the sides) and the GM Quel's (face + finless crest on forehead).

Anyways, if Bandai does release the H-G, they'll definitely do two: one for Gai's custom and the MP (or is it a Three Socius custom? Not sure) version. Only the colors set them apart.
Ravager

2 huh? There's also going to be another Blue Frame in the works...Gai really is getting too cheesy
Jak Crow

He's gotta keep up with the times, otherwise he'll get wiped by new MS. I like the new mod. Hope it makes it to a real kit.
auriga

Whether or not the Blue Frame Third will make it out as Gunpla is still to be seen. IMO, I doubt it.
He's gotta keep up with the times
FYI, the Third isn't the last Blue Frame upgrade. What we previously knew of as the "2nd G" has been renamed "Fourth." According to Mark, the Fourth comes out after the Third in the story, hence the naming.
Deus EpS Machina

Aoi Model Shop reports the following:
MG Force Impulse Gundam - May, 4,200 yen
MG Shin Musha Gundam - June, 4,725 yen
HGUC Zaku FZ - May, 1,260 yen
1/100 Overflag - May, 2,310 yen
HG Tieren Space Type - Sergei custom, May, 1,575 yen
BB Senshi Sangokuden Kakouen Dalas - May, 630 yen
HCM-Pro Gundam Deathscythe - June, 2,940 yen
HCM-Pro Tieren Space Type Set - June, 3,360 yen

Dates not set for the following:
1/100 Tieren Ground Type
1/100 Gundam Avalanche Exia
1/100 Gundam Astraea Type F
HG Enact - Saachez custom
HG GN-X
Although not a surprise, the MG Force Impulse is very welcome, especially in the BEE-CRAFT remake (which i cant wait to see). Shin Musha Gundam...i may want that if it has the same proprtions as teh GFF. What is surprising is that they skipped the Union Flag and went striaght for the Over Flag release in 1/100...though probably shouldnt be; always got the impression the Over Flags/Custom Flags were far more popular.
Most surprising has to be the Deathscythe HCM-Pro
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
auriga

Now that's an impressive list! We finally get the first two original (SNT1's going to w00t) MGs for the year, and they're both worth waiting for. And Zaku FZ, my fave Zaku getting HGUCed?

But this one especially...
Is this Bandai testing the MG waters? I guess we can only cross our fingers!

And it's not surprising we get the Type F. Typical Bandai, lol.
Deus EpS Machina

Ill be honest...cant wait for the MG Force Impulse lineart/proto pics. I have this image in my mind that isnt much different than the VP conversion sets so im gonna keep my fingers crossed for that...and for a future release of the Sword and Launcher sets and the inevitable Destiny Impulse (I mean c'mon Bandai cant overlook this oppurtunity to make a quick buck)

EDIT: The Type F release annoys me a lot since its the Astarea in a red scheme plus ONE TINY EXTRA PART.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
auriga

Ditto on the Impulse. It isn't my favorite mech of all time, but when it's done right it looks really awesome. Can't wait to see how BEE-CRAFT's going to work their magic on it.

As for the Type F... Actually, it's two tiny extra parts. :lol: Kidding, kidding. Unless we get other stuff that has yet to be revealed.
vaKuz

Gunota Headlines wrote: This month's hobby mag news
Aoi Model Shop reports the following:
MG Force Impulse Gundam - May, 4,200 yen
MG Shin Musha Gundam - June, 4,725 yen
HGUC Zaku FZ - May, 1,260 yen
1/100 Overflag - May, 2,310 yen
HG Tieren Space Type - Sergei custom, May, 1,575 yen
BB Senshi Sangokuden Kakouen Dalas - May, 630 yen
HCM-Pro Tieren Space Type Set - June, 3,360 yen

Dates not set for the following:
1/100 Tieren Ground Type
1/100 Gundam Avalanche Exia
1/100 Gundam Astraea Type F
HG Enact - Saachez custom
HG GN-X
PARTAYYYYYY! Finally, MGs taking it's toll in something different! HGUC Zaku FZ folks!!!! If this is a sign of 0080 making a return in HGUC, I'll be expecting Sniper II and Kampfer in the upcoming months. 1/100 Overflag! :D
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
Alastor

Wow, an MG Force Impulse. Yay for Shinn love. ^^

And with Bandai's uber recoloring fetish, could the Sword and Blast versions be not far behind? (First time we'll see the Blast pack in 1/100 scale and all.)
"I am Justice."
SNT1

This must be the much needed turnaround from an otherwise disappointing year for MGs.

MG Force Impulse? MG Musha? Bring it ON! :D

And the 00 line is looking stronger than ever as well. Overflag! Tieren! (no Thrones, but o well, GRAHAM SPECIAL is good enough... for now.) My worry is that they sure are milking the snot out of the Exia frame. Ah well.

HGUC Zaku FZ! Hah! They might follow it up with a Kämpfer too! And yet... They did not follow the HGUC Nu with the Sazabi. I somewhat expected that.

Best Gunota news lineup of 2008.

Alastor wrote:could the Sword and Blast versions be not far behind?
Well, the Sword and Launcher Strike did have to wait 4 years to get their turn, so I say they have a chance, whether if it's by this year, next year or 2012 is the big question.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/