G-Saviour Merchandise

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Annon Kaies Zi

G-Saviour Merchandise

Just a conversation that came up with a friend of mine while discussing G-Saviour (specifically how Sunrise quietly got rid of it), and was curious about the answer. From what I understand, there are only three G-Saviour products: the movie, the game, and the one 1/144 model that was released a while back. Is this correct? Or was there ever a manga or novel adaptation? Anything else released at all? Was it ever even featured in a Gundam game (I don't recall it even being available in a G Generation game)?

Sunrise has clearly tried to make sure it doesn't exist anymore. And hence we obviously don't see anything G-Saviour related in modern Gundam releases (seems like they are fading it away more-and-more...as I recall, there used to be a G-Saviour section on Gundam Official, but now it doesn't even show up there). But was just curious as to what was released in its very, very short life.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
Samster

The only other merchandise I could find was a photobook and the soundtrack to the game. There were apparently plans to release a second 1/144 HG kit of the G-Saviour in a different loadout but I suspect that was cancelled after the poor reception.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

The model kit is a very nice piece of work actually, if you can get past the monumentally hideous styling of the thing, but I'm pretty sure that a model line which begins and ends at "001" (that's actually what it says on the box) is a feat that is never going to be duplicated again.

I bet it could have had at least a little bit of extra life if the title mech hadn't been so god-forsaken ugly.
Mark064

As you have guessed there is a book or two about it and a novel version that came out in December 2000 as 2 books. As well as a 3 CD radio drama. The book that the Japanese Wiki lists as a source is the Newtype 100% Collection 42 "G-SAVIOUR Full Weapon" which came out in 2001.