Questions: Air Brush, general modeling stuff...

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Blade01

Questions: Air Brush, general modeling stuff...

Hey guys. Since I've bought a few Master Grades, I've decided that it's time for me to invest in an airbrush. Amazon has a few of them really cheap, ranging from $9.99 and above. How are the quality in the cheap ones? Are they worth the money, or just p.o.s.?

Now for my other question: I've also decided to start using superglue in my modeling. How should I apply superglue to the parts? Should I smear glue totally around the edges of the parts, then snap them together? Or, should I only apply a few drops of glue to the pieces?

Sorry for my somewhat n00b questions. But, thanks a lot!! :P
vaKuz

Why superglue? You could use modelling cement as it's less messy than super glue. Tamiya modelling cement is pretty good.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
ulnhyrr

FIr airbrushes, you get what you pay for. If you are serious about getting an airbrush. I highly recommend getting an Iwata Revolution CR. I learned to airbrush with this one and it will last you a very long time. It retails for around $65.00. Check shops such as www.dixieart.com and www.coastairbrush.com as well as evil-bay. Great airbrush to start off learning with.

As for other tips and questions... read through and download the tutorial linked on this thread: http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?t=4997