Hello! (For lack of better title)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Justin Low

Hello! (For lack of better title)

Hi! I'm new to modeling. I started a few months ago with SD kits, and I'm now trying the 1/144 HG GS stuff.

I've just finished putting together and priming a CGUE DEEP Arms, and have just primed a SD Blu Duel that I assembled a few months ago.

I'm not sure what color scheme I'll use yet (although the primer gray looks very military-like). Possibly an arctic/snow camouflage with drybrushed spots for the CGUE, and I don't know, a Strike Noir-ish scheme for the Duel?

Anyway, I'm still figuring out how to use the putty. It seems like paint in a tube? I bought the Tamiya white putty.

Here are pictures of the two kits in progress: http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinlow/ ... 559391470/

Cheers!
auriga

Anyway, I'm still figuring out how to use the putty. It seems like paint in a tube? I bought the Tamiya white putty.
It's not paint. Trust me, and everyone who'll be replying soon after.

Putty is, for the lack of a better term, somewhat like clay. Only difference is that it hardens over time, about an hour to a day depending on the type you have. When it is dry, you can file it, shave it, whatever into the shape you want.

Having said that, putty has a lot of uses in modelling. For one, we use it to cover seam lines; those lines that are formed when you put two or more parts together. We also use them to sculp details. When used in huge amounts, they can be used to form diorama bases.