Display/Action stand for 1/60 models

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Jak Crow

Display/Action stand for 1/60 models

So I would love to get ahold of a stand that can support a 1/60 model in action poses, I can't seem to find anything so far. Unfortunately, the gundam action base isn't large enough to be used for a 1/60. Anyone seen any solutions?
Jak Crow

No one knows of a decent stand for 1/60 models?
Samster

So, when you say 1/60 scale you're talking strictly about Gunpla kits right? I ask because kits of the same scale in other series can be significantly smaller. In terms of a commercial base/stand, I have never seen one. I reason that this is because there simply isn't that much of a market for them and that most 1/60 scale Gunpla that are posable enough to deserve one come with one in the box. So your best bet would be to fashion one yourself. The base would have to be relatively large or weighted. I would imagine you could make a fairly simple one out of some wood.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Kurosawa

Samster wrote:So, when you say 1/60 scale you're talking strictly about Gunpla kits right? I ask because kits of the same scale in other series can be significantly smaller. In terms of a commercial base/stand, I have never seen one. I reason that this is because there simply isn't that much of a market for them and that most 1/60 scale Gunpla that are posable enough to deserve one come with one in the box. So your best bet would be to fashion one yourself. The base would have to be relatively large or weighted. I would imagine you could make a fairly simple one out of some wood.
I heartily agree...there aren't enough kits to warrant the production of stands for kits of that scale (for gunpla anyways). The 1/60 strike freedom stand is a pretty good model to follow if you are making your own basic stand out of wood or something like that. Though from what I have seen, the stand for the 1/60 PG strike w/aile pack looks rather nice, but a tad more difficult to build.
Rice...its a way of life
Jak Crow

Yes, definitely a stand for Gunpla models. Given the number of 1/60 models, from the RD, HGEX and PG, some display and/or action stands would be nice, especially for the PG Wing O since the damn thing can barely stand on its own. :)

I've had a couple units slide out from under their own feet in the past and incur damage, so I was wondering if anyone has ever come across something that could accommodate them.
deukyun

Re: Display/Action stand for 1/60 models

http://www.yoyobase.com/1-60-pg-action- ... and-1.html
Not sure how good this is, but only one I could find.
mcred23

Re: Display/Action stand for 1/60 models

Uh, that's nice to know, but please don't dig up threads from 2007 (Or really anything more than a few weeks old) :wink:.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')