0083 Model kit questions

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
RX 93 ZZ

0083 Model kit questions

okay im planning on getting three Zaku II's and 1 GM Powered to recreate the battle in the beggining of the first episode. one question i have is what scale should i buy them in 1/144 HGUC or 1/100 MG. Also can you get those zakus in the desert brown paint scheme or would i have to paint 'em?
Mobile suits: RX-93 Nu Gundam/RX-94 MP Nu(Fin Funnel Type), RGM-89S Jegan
Cars: '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
auriga

You can easily get the Federation Zaku IIs in those colors if you get the MG version. However, if you're going to go MG, you'll need a conversion kit for the PGM. Not very cheap. :lol:

So I'd say that it's easier and cheaper to get HGUCs. At least you now have a PGM kit (which is so awesome). Only problem is painting a HGUC Zaku II in the right colors.
Lert

Does the MS-06F2 come in HGUC, then ? I know there's an MG of it ..
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
RX 93 ZZ

k one question PGM?? and i havent painted a model before so this MIGHT be a challenge
gihrenzabi

RX 93 ZZ wrote:k one question PGM?? and i havent painted a model before so this MIGHT be a challenge
PGM = powered GM. and with the painting, i have learned to just take things slowly. its going to take time to paint 3 zakus, even more if there Master Grades. but best on luck to ya.
"To victory, life or death!" - Mikhail "Misha" Kaminsky
"The great mass of people...will more easily
fall victim to a big lie than to a small one."
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf
mcred23

Lert wrote:Does the MS-06F2 come in HGUC, then ? I know there's an MG of it ..
Nope, there is no HGUC of the MS-06F2 (While it does have two MG kits). On the other side of things, there is no normal MG Powered GM (Although there is a conversion kit that turns an MG GM Kai into it... for $108-odd bucks :shock: ).

So yeah, unless you have a lot of money to blow on MG kits, you'll probably end up using a design that isn't what was shown in that battle in 0083. :|
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Wedge14

AKO creations sells a conversion kit to turn a GM Kai into a Powered GM for like 12 dollars!! I've never dealt with them before. It is a plastic kit i believe and is probably the cheapest and easiest way to get a powered GM, besides going with the HGUC.

AKO Creation.

Again i've never shopped here, so i can't really give their service the wedge14 stamp of approval. But their product looks to be of a high quality!
You should consider checking them out!
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I've heard nothing but good things about the AKO conversion set.
RX 93 ZZ

I checked it out and it looks like if i get a GM Kai MG then ill have to paint the whole damn thing. so either way i have to paint... well hey i'll see what i can do. Thanks people.
SNT1

Yes. there was a time that when Ako PGM conversion came out, that was what everyone on the intarwebs are building. $12 bucks + shipping is a steal, moreso if you include the upgraded feet parts, which they also sell for cheap.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/