1/2400 Gwazine & 1/3500 Gwaden

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kiggz

1/2400 Gwazine & 1/3500 Gwaden

Hey I was looking at these 2 models and i they look the same what is the difference between them ?

Which one was the ship that Haman Karn was aboard ? that was the Gwaden or am I mistaken ?

http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL2553

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN08745

Whats the difference other than the size both ships are of the same class i cannot see the major differences can some one point them out for me please it would be a lot of help thanks.
Samster

Are we talking about differences in the model kits or differences of the ships? In terms of the kits the B-Club one, I assume, would have better detail, accuracy, and proportions than the 80's kit.

Gwazine is the class of the ships of which there were at least six according the MAHQ entry and, I believe for the most part, were identical. From the Gwazine class the Gwaden was Delaz's ship and the Asarum was Haman Karn's ship.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Dark Duel

Re: 1/2400 Gwazine & 1/3500 Gwaden

Kiggz wrote:Which one was the ship that Haman Karn was aboard ? that was the Gwaden or am I mistaken?
Nope. Their names are nearly identical, so it's an easy mistake to make, but the Gwazine-class Gwaden was Aguile Delaz's flagship during Operation Stardust, five years or so before Haman and Axis arrived in the Earth Sphere. And you can note that the B-Club box for the Gwaden is labeled "Gundam 0083".
Haman's flagship was the Gwadan, an entirely different class from the Gwazine-class, and was much larger. No official length was ever released for the Gwadan, but it appears to be between 1 and 2 kilometers long.

As for these two, they're both kits of the same class of ships. As to my reccomendation, here it is: If you just want a Gwazine-class for the sake of owning one, but you don't really care about detail or such things, the much cheaper original release is the way to go.
But if you want a nice-looking kit you can display, the more expensive but inevitably higher-quality B-Club kit would be it.
Frankly, I'd be willing to shell out the extra cash to get a really nice-looking kit in this case.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kiggz

Really the Asarum was hamans ship ? I thought it was the Gwaden that was the her ship ?

In episode 43 Haman's Victory when Haman Karn agrees to help the AEUG she says to send a message to the ship Dogosse Gier that bask is aboard then in the next scene it shows bask and he says "What a message from the Gweden ?" which is the ship haman is aboard.

What exactly is the Asarum then its not even listed in the Mecha Section on the main site is it the name of the ship and the Gwaden is its class name ?
Mark064

Honestly if you are choosing between the two kits I'd say go with the old First Gundam kit. The ship line of First Gundam is very well done, either way you're going to have to paint no matter what choice you make. I have the Bandai Gwazine and it's a nice kit, looking at the picture of the B-Club version I really don't see big difference to warrant the price. And unless you like paying 25 times the price for something smaller with little if any differences then well it's up to you.
Samster

Kiggz wrote:Really the Asarum was hamans ship ? I thought it was the Gwaden that was the her ship ?
My mistake, the Asarum was the ship that left for Axis at the end of the OYW, I had assumed that Haman was aboard that ship and it was the one that she came back to the Earthsphere in. Dark Duel is right about Haman's ship being the Gwadan, an entirely different class of ship from the Gwazines.
Dark Duel

Kiggz wrote:Really the Asarum was hamans ship ? I thought it was the Gwaden that was the her ship ?
No. As I said, the GwadEn was Admiral Aguille Delaz's ship during Operation Stardust. Haman's ship was the GwadAn, which is a totally different class, and between three and four times longer than the Gwazine-class.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kiggz

You are rite it is indeed called the Gwadan thanks for the information I was having trouble with the ships names.

Has the Gwadan been released yet in a B-Club model or any model at that ?
Samster

To my recollection there have not been any kits of the Gwadan released. Your best chance of getting a Gwadan kit would be crossing your fingers for a future Bandai EX line release.
Kiggz

Oh really ? its ashame I hope they plan one for the future :)

I am sure Bandai will release it or B-Club, they have probably been saving this model because there are not that many ships left to do. There are still a few to be released the question is do the japanese see this ships model selling well in japan ?

It is haman Karn's ship so I would assume they will release it sooner or later. They already did a few Zeta ships mabe will will see this one in the near future I would hope ?
Dark Duel

Hope this isn't necro-posting.

The big deterrent with releasing a model of a ship like the Gwadan is that it is simply ENORMOUS. It's three to four times the length of ships like the Gwazine, Argama, etc, so it's on such a scale as to have a length measured in kilometers(Between 1.2 and 1.5km is my guess, around half the length of the Jupitris). The same holds true for the Doggose Gier.
In other words, it would either be absolutely enormous, and therefore expensive(as is the case with the massive GP03 Dendrobium Orchis), or else released on a much smaller scale than other ship models, in which case it may very well sacrifice some detail.
I'd love to see it, either way...but I'm not so sure it's going to happen.

James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I'm pretty sure B-Club produced a Gwadann. Long, long out of production, though.
Kiggz

I do not think they made it I searched all over the net and on HLJ it did not show up any where ? If you have info or a picture would love to see thanks.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

This would be from the early '90s, before there even was an HLJ. Approximate chances of finding: zero.