Replacing old Joints for Old HG kits ?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kiggz

Replacing old Joints for Old HG kits ?

Hey I am taking on the task of fixing & replacing all the old joints on all of the HG Gundam Wing kits
anyone have any recommendations. Have any of you people done this your selfs ? if so please post up some info on parts that you would recommend or parts that work well on replacements for these old HG kits thanks.

here is a some replacement parts on HLJ that i was thinking of using anyone use these with success or have info about them ?

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Maker1=KBY ... =Sup&Dis=2
Lsutehall

While I've never tried this myself, it shouldn't be too hard if you find the right size polycaps. HLJ lists a lot of sets, both koto's "poly-unit" ones, and wave's "option system" parts. You should be able to make anything fit, with some putty and a knife....

This is actually good timing for me, as I have an old LM kit on its way, and I intend to modernise it as much as I can with new and replacement joints, custom paint and weapons and other odds and ends. I might even post the build-up on here, if I remember.
What is YOUR Gundam-ness?
Kiggz

That would be great ! by the way what LM model is it if its not a problem to ask ?
Lsutehall

Its the LM Daughtress Custom, from Gundam X. Its been one of my "grail" kits ever since i saw it listed on HLJ. It arrived the other day, and you can tell why its an "LM". The plastic is VERY thick, and the joints are few and far between (no ankle joints, for example).

I plan to make a custom version by adding joints to all the usual places (waist, ankles, skirts, anywhere else), adding detail to the weapons (the machine gun and the back mounted cannon) and backpack, as well as adding additional weaponry in the shape of a Koto bazooka and Wave beam sabre. I'll also add my usual amount of extra greeblies, including radiators, verniers, and i'm thinking of adding vulcans too.
What is YOUR Gundam-ness?
Kiggz

Oh really I have seen that and the other LM that came out the same time as it I forget the name its the boy version of your kit they have been both on YJ for a dollar I was thinking of getting the boy one but I changed my mind.

They are both cool looking models I mite pick them up myself in the future. May I ask which parts you will use to replace all your old joints for the legs and arms ?