LADIES, HE IIIISSSSSS BAAAAACCCKKK!!

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Zenstrive

LADIES, HE IIIISSSSSS BAAAAACCCKKK!!

Man, I was looking on HGUC line at HLJ, thinking how much blood should I sell to obtain them all, when all of sudden I saw This Macho dude got enlisted again!

It's...THE UBER HGUC EVER, DUDE! AND IT'S BACK ON SALE!

should I purchase it, huh? When it was first launched some five years ago, I was dirt poor (being a college student and whatsnot). Now that I am somehow able to have savings, this cute baby shows up again!

Is this a sign, or what?!!

Anyhow, aside from the obvious question of should I turn some greens to tons and tons of sprues, is this a sign that either in the upcoming SEED movie or in the hotly anticipated 00, we shall have a gundam encased in a mobile armor and zoom around frying everybody and dogs? Or is it a sign that another HUGE DUDE is on the making? [/url]
~SEED~

I think its just a restock... calm down
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
Deus EpS Machina

waste of a thread, could have done just fine in the news sticky
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
mcred23

Yep, that is just a restock. They happen all the time and it just happens that the HGUC GP03 got it this time. Nothing special.

As for what is closer to the topic of this thread, buying the thing, that's gonna be up to you. Personally, I don't think it's worth the $350-ish it would cost to buy and ship the thing, but again, that's me. If I were seriously thinking about getting it, I'd first look up how good the kit actually is and see if there are any problems or bugs or other issues with it.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
firefox

Somehow I believe there will be no ladies interested...........
In the end, nothing remains
Gadget

mcred23 wrote:Yep, that is just a restock. They happen all the time and it just happens that the HGUC GP03 got it this time. Nothing special.

As for what is closer to the topic of this thread, buying the thing, that's gonna be up to you. Personally, I don't think it's worth the $350-ish it would cost to buy and ship the thing, but again, that's me. If I were seriously thinking about getting it, I'd first look up how good the kit actually is and see if there are any problems or bugs or other issues with it.
Agree. I was told that the PG Eva was a limited series. How wrong the shop were. It pop again a few years later.

And I also agree it's not worth it. It's not as gimick as the MGs. And where are you going to display it? It's about 3 ft long. I have to remove the TV from the living room to display it.
And at that price, I actually a bit frighten to start it. If I mess up, there goes my hunge amoount of money.

If you like such stuff, the Meteor is a better buy.
Zenstrive

Well, getting hyped and buying it is not the main idea i was hoping to throw around here, but the idea behind SUPER-DUPER MOBILE SUIT EXTENSION ala Orchis or METEOR units for the up and coming Gundam SEED movie or Gundam 00 series.

My memory is lame, but as I recall, before releasing METEOR unit, BANDAI was restocking DENDROBIUM. Now that it is restocking it again, perhaps we shall see EXCIA duking those Tieren on a MS extension unit.

And yeah, it's huge, space-wasting, and expensive, but it's DENDROBIUM, man! The biggest GUNDAM-related arsenal in existence!
tajisdurmin

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN946745

Readily available Stateside, and better in every way...because as ladies will tell you, size isn't everything.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

There's a review on the GP03 in MAHQ's model section:

http://mahq.net/models/gundam/0083/hguc ... 78gp03.htm
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Kurosawa

I got my dendrobium a while back when it was first released here in the US, and the total price of the kit (about 240 give or take) came out much less than total price that you would get from hlj (which is aroun $355). I would suggest doing a bit of hunting around to get a better price. At 240 it was worth it...just barely though, that's my take on the kit anyways.
Rice...its a way of life
mcred23

I doubt you'll find that thing for it's $240-odd retail price anymore. A quick check of the internet shows that most sites are selling that thing for $300 or more, and it's not always clear whether the list price includes shipping or not (Depends on what site you're looking at). As before, it'll be up to Zenstrive whether he thinks the kit is worth the few hundred bucks he'll have to spend on the thing...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I saw one going for $250 at the Frank & Son show a few months back.
CHASER

I saw one for about the same price some time ago, though that being 250 in NZ dollars. Being an auction, the thing finally sold for $600, so it's really up to you how much you're willing to spend on the thing. Personally, from reading through its review, other than size and visual detail it doesn't seem to have much with only some of the weapons pods opening, and the fact that the cannon isn't really movable.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
Blade01

The 1/144 GP03 doesn't look that impressive. Though the mobile armor is something to drool over...