Big Lots Bandai Sale

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Chris
Administrator

Big Lots Bandai Sale

I heard about this online, so I went to my local Big Lots to check it out and found a massive amount of Bandai Entertainment titles on sale for $3 each. Titles may vary depending on your store, but here's some of what I found that might be of interest to MAHQites:

Gundam SEED (TV series, Special Editions)
G Gundam
SD Gundam Force
Zeta Gundam (individual releases)
Cowboy Bebop (original 2000 release, plus Best Sessions)
Overman King Gainer
Mars Daybreak
IGPX (Toonami and uncut versions)
Yukikaze

Although I've had Zeta for years, this set is a real steal. Since the individual volumes are two disc sets, you get 10 episodes for $3. You're not likely to find an entire series at just one store, so you'll have to visit a couple of stores to find everything. I managed to pick up vols 4-5 of Gainer, as well as SEED SEs 2-3. If you don't know where a store is in your area, there's a store locator at http://www.biglots.com. Good hunting.
Last edited by Chris on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
ZeonfromHell

Ah yes! There's a Big Lots in my town! I go there all the time when I need to get stuff like floor wax and tp and a cheap shirts. ::hops in car to check it out:: I really need to touch up and finish my Gundam collections, and maybe mine will have that damned elusive 08th Team no. 2 disc and the rest of the 0083 volumes I need. Too bad I just finished my Zeta collection. :( My brother needs to complete his IGPX and Bebop collection too. :mrgreen:
Patriotism is not a magnetic ribbon.
Skippy438

I ran out and checked mine today, thanks for the find! I picked up volumes 1, 3, and 4 of Zeta, but they didn't have the others. They did have a G Gundam dvd which I didn't get, as well as a bunch of SD Gundam Force. They told me they get a truck on Friday that may have more, but they wouldn't know until they put it on the shelf. I pulled that whole rack apart looking for those things, I bet I got some weird looks ...
Chris
Administrator

I got some weird looks too. You might need to visit multiple stores, as it can be hit-or-miss with lots of repeats of the same volumes. The store I visited had tons of Zeta 3-4, SEED 5 and G 6. I had limited success trying to get MSG when they had it last year, and I only managed to find 3-4 and a random copy of G-Saviour. If I could find Gainer 6, I'd be able to finish my collection.
Skippy438

Those are the same volume numbers mine had, for all the releases. I wonder if that's all they'll be getting. I really just want to replace my bootleg Zetas, especially the last disc, the subs are so bad it's almost impossible to watch.
Chris
Administrator

Skippy438 wrote:Those are the same volume numbers mine had, for all the releases. I wonder if that's all they'll be getting. I really just want to replace my bootleg Zetas, especially the last disc, the subs are so bad it's almost impossible to watch.
That's why you have to visit several stores, if you have more than one in your area. They get random, different stuff. And that's because these are obviously clearance items, it's not like they're going to keep regular stock of this stuff. Once they run through their allotment, that's it.
turkishproverb

Chris wrote:
Skippy438 wrote:Those are the same volume numbers mine had, for all the releases. I wonder if that's all they'll be getting. I really just want to replace my bootleg Zetas, especially the last disc, the subs are so bad it's almost impossible to watch.
That's why you have to visit several stores, if you have more than one in your area. They get random, different stuff. And that's because these are obviously clearance items, it's not like they're going to keep regular stock of this stuff. Once they run through their allotment, that's it.
Arg. None of the stores near me even GOT shipments of anything.
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
Nimrod

Got a friend to pick me up (since there are no Big lots in my area) some G-Gundam and Zeta Gundam DVDs. There were also some "Panda Z" DVDs on sale at one of the stores she went to.
Gundamium Alloy

I checked the store by me and they didn't have any Gundam at all. I was very disappointed. I was hoping to check out more of the Gundam Seed story.
ghostdog

The Ypsilanti Big Lots just had SD Gundam. Oh well. I did pick up something called "Wolf's Rain". A friend later told me it was good. I haven't had time to look at it yet. Thanks for the tip!
turkishproverb

Nimrod wrote:Got a friend to pick me up (since there are no Big lots in my area) some G-Gundam and Zeta Gundam DVDs. There were also some "Panda Z" DVDs on sale at one of the stores she went to.

hrm...now, do I know anyone in another place....
Ascension wrote:
Toxicity

You're my favorite person for this week Chris. :D

I went to my local Big lots yesterday morning and picked up the first 2 volumes of both Zeta Gundam and Gundam Seed, as well as the Cowboy Beebop best sessions. :D :D :D
Xanatos11

I must check this out today. Those Zeta DVDs are needed (sadly Im sitting on a bootleg and Im regretting that big time)
Skippy438

It's been a week and I'm going to check out my BL again. I was out of town last weekend and stopped in another store, which had absolutely nothing. All I need are sets 2 and 5 of Zeta!

EDIT: On the second attempt, there was only one remaining Zeta DVD, and it was a volume I already had. They did however have an insane amount of copies of Fun with Dick and Jane ... :(
turkishproverb

Skippy438 wrote:It's been a week and I'm going to check out my BL again. I was out of town last weekend and stopped in another store, which had absolutely nothing. All I need are sets 2 and 5 of Zeta!

EDIT: On the second attempt, there was only one remaining Zeta DVD, and it was a volume I already had. They did however have an insane amount of copies of Fun with Dick and Jane ... :(
^(*&^

My local stores still have nothing.

*Sigh*

it looks like i must pay retail.
Ascension wrote:
Nightwing03

LAME, SO LAME! Theres no big lot's anywhere where i live, now im missing out on all the cheap titles... :(
♣♦♠♥
Jak Crow

I got a couple Seed, 1-4 of Zeta, 1-3 of IGPX, and a knock off of a 1/60 scale Gundam Airmaster from Gundam X.
Skippy438

Hey Jak, how many copies of volume 2 of Zeta did your BL have?
mr.blonde

Nightwing03 wrote:LAME, SO LAME! Theres no big lot's anywhere where i live, now im missing out on all the cheap titles... :(
i understand you pain ....
where i live i can barely get some basics model kits(thank you 9/11!)
by the way: i adquiered a zaku warrior, somebody can give a hint of what color scheme would look good on it?
Chris
Administrator

Although I haven't checked this out, apparently Dollar General is the place Big Lots sells the stuff it can't sell, so supposedly there's anime there too. Might be worth a look if you have any of those stores in your area.