Question about the 1/144 Tallgeese I&II

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kiggz

wow very cool no idea they used the MK this is great for me i have a 2nd MK 2 not assembled and a forth tallgeese 3 kit :)

i think i am gonna try this one now thanks for the pictures very nice.
Is there a tutorial for doing this ?
ghostdog

Translation caveats

Well, my best sense from trying to do Google translation was that the MG inner frame was from Mk II, because the Japanese characters used for the kit name run through Google Image search returned RX-78 type results. I combined that info with the ball-jointed hips and decided it may have been Mk II... Could be scratch-built hips though, so I could be way wrong. Also the text does mention using Wing ver Ka lower legs... I don't know of any tutorials either.

I decided to use MG God Gundam, as it is relatively inexpensive and generic. G Gundam is 16.6 meters and Tallgeese is supposed to be 17.4 meters, so I figure if it comes down to it I can probably add a centimeter to the lower legs if I have to, to make them match up better...
Kiggz

use babel fish translation you will get better results then google trans.

I am sure if you copy paste all the info on the Tallgeese conversion page into the altavista babel fish translator you will get a huge + better understanding of what you will need to do to complete this properly
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

Re: Translation caveats

ghostdog wrote:Well, my best sense from trying to do Google translation was that the MG inner frame was from Mk II, because the Japanese characters used for the kit name run through Google Image search returned RX-78 type results. I combined that info with the ball-jointed hips and decided it may have been Mk II... Could be scratch-built hips though, so I could be way wrong. Also the text does mention using Wing ver Ka lower legs... I don't know of any tutorials either.

I decided to use MG God Gundam, as it is relatively inexpensive and generic. G Gundam is 16.6 meters and Tallgeese is supposed to be 17.4 meters, so I figure if it comes down to it I can probably add a centimeter to the lower legs if I have to, to make them match up better...
Actually, he used the frame of MG Alex for the chest and hip. The hands are also modified from teh MG Alex. The legs uses the inner frame of the MG Alex and the MG Gundam ver. Ka.
ghostdog

Thanks for translation help!

Thanks both you guys for translation help... I remember now that Google returned something like MG areksu, which makes sense as "Alex." I was thinking of it as "RX". Wasn't the name "Alex" chosen as a corruption of "RX" anyway..?

Well, anyway, I've bought the Tallgeese and the MG God Gundam, so away we go!
Kiggz

let me know how your conversion goes i mite do one myself :)
wraith1701

Re: Tallgeese using MG inner frame

ghostdog wrote:Hey all!
This is an interesting topic as I was planning my next build to be Tallgeese III! I had never watched Endless Waltz (or any Gundam Wing) and I ended up liking the story and the scenes with Tallgeese.

I was going to build Tallgeese using a MG inner frame. My original thoughts were to use 1/100 Tallgeese III and the frame from Harrison's F91 (one of the most poseable inner frames from what I can see). But then someone mentioned that Tallgeese is bigger than the other Wing suits...

I'm not worried so much about accuracy and will do a little customizing beyond making the parts all mesh. But I'd like to start with something that fits okay scale-wise. Would the 144 Tallgeese III be a better fit with the F91 inner frame..? Especially given that the F91 is the smallest Gundam mobile suit...

Thanks!
It might be more economical for you to just purchase some joints from Hobby Link Japan. They have a wide variety of joints that are superior to the lame polycap joints that came with the old Wing kits. Here is a link:

In Stock Items

There are also some cool ABS joints available for pre-order Here.
ghostdog

Wave joints, etc.

Wraith,

Thanks for the advice - I have some Wave joints of various kinds that I got from RainbowTen. I plan to use them with an old Zock model and Agguy N model that I purchased last Fall. I wanted to test them on out less expensive kits initially, but I do hope to transition to being able to use them instead of having to buy MG frames for older models everytime! That cost does add up.

Anywhere with pics of the ABS joints - sounds interesting!

I just moved to Morehead - any other sci-fi modellers / Gundam / mecha fans in the Louisville area ..?
wraith1701

Re: Wave joints, etc.

ghostdog wrote:Wraith,

Thanks for the advice - I have some Wave joints of various kinds that I got from RainbowTen. I plan to use them with an old Zock model and Agguy N model that I purchased last Fall. I wanted to test them on out less expensive kits initially, but I do hope to transition to being able to use them instead of having to buy MG frames for older models everytime! That cost does add up.

Anywhere with pics of the ABS joints - sounds interesting!
HERE you go. :)

ghostdog wrote:I just moved to Morehead - any other sci-fi modellers / Gundam / mecha fans in the Louisville area ..?
There is a local Star Wars collecters club here; some of the members have a passing interest in sci-fi modelling, but I haven't found any clubs that focus on Mecha yet. Most of the flyers that I've seen at local hobby shops are for Military modeling clubs.

Interestingly, each year a Sci-Fi/Fantasy modeling convention called Wonder Fest is held here. The fact that the convention takes place here leads me to believe that there are a lot of fellow mecha fans out here; I just haven't run into them yet.
Kiggz

Re: Tallgeese using MG inner frame

It might be more economical for you to just purchase some joints from Hobby Link Japan. They have a wide variety of joints that are superior to the lame polycap joints that came with the old Wing kits. Here is a link:

In Stock Items

There are also some cool ABS joints available for pre-order Here.[/quote]

Which new joints would you recommend using on the old wing kits ?