MSG movie trilogy.

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Revolver Ocelot

MSG movie trilogy.

Hey guys. Does anyone know where I can find the Gundam movies on DVD? I know it's going to be a pain because the DVD set has been discontinued. eBay has only turned up Encounters in Space. I'd like to buy them all in one place if possible. Any leads?
"This gun is the best gun ever."
Nightwing03

Hmm..maybe try the junk guild on this forum, maybe you could ask there..someone might want to sell it to you, aside from that i'd try amazon.
♣♦♠♥
Annon Kaies Zi

Here's the Trilogy box set on Amazon, which will set you back about $75 after shipping. You can also buy them separately, adding up to about $30 (Movie I, Movie II, Movie III). This seems like your best bet.
-Annon Kaies Zi
[email protected]

(Avatar made from an Anaheim Machines rendering.)
mcred23

I'm not sure how official that movie box set is (No Region is listed for it, which makes me wary), but I know the individual releases are, without a doubt, official DVD's, so I'd go with those rather than risk it with the others.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Chris
Administrator

Although that is indeed the box art for the official trilogy release, that doesn't necessarily mean much, as they could be using the box art to pass off a bootleg. Also, the technical details mention Japanese and English as languages. I would clarify this with the seller. The official DVD was subtitled only, so if this version purports to have the English VHS dub, it's definitely a bootleg. I wish Amazon had better quality control on these types of things to prevent bootlegs from being listed.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Saikuba

There was a UC Gundam movie pack released a few years back that may be easier to get a hold of. Contains the movie trilogy (since it's the same dvd's without english audio) as well as Char's Counterattack and Miller's Report. No extras of any sort except for what appears on the dvds.

This is the page on amazon though it's been sold out there for awhile.

Even this set seems hard to find but it was a more recent release at least (really a rerelease, no new material exact same dvds in different packaging.)
Fat Uncle

I'd recommend the UC Movie Pack. Here is the page where I bought mine. I think they still sell them.
Koshernova

If you have a multi-region player, the UK DVD boxset is still readily available...
Kiggz

Kosh wrote:If you have a multi-region player, the UK DVD boxset is still readily available...
that would not be a problem as long as you have a computer you should be able to play all DVD's, if they do not work it is very easy to download software to fix that little problem.

So the UK release is probly the best one out for us unless you like subs better.
Koshernova

The UK release has only subs, as far as I recall.
mcred23

Kosh wrote:The UK release has only subs, as far as I recall.
AFAIK none of the official DVD's, reguardless of which country it's from, have the English dub track on them and only have subs.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Randall Miyashiro

I believe there was an awful dub done back on VHS. The official releases only have the Japanese track which has the fantastic 5.1 audio remix, but is sadly missing Kaneto Shiozawa as MaKube. I've kept my old LDs in it's glorious mono just for his performance and the alternate musical mix which features more of the vocals. The original audio mix is slated to be released in Japan on DVD, but I don't think it is worth double (quadriple?) dipping for.