Recommended markers for inking

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Atohe987

Recommended markers for inking

In order to add realism to my gundam model kits I´ve tried to ink them, however I believe I don´t have the adequate markers for it. The results have been disappointing using a Steadtler marsmatic 0.1mm, not to mention that it breaks very easily, and the summinre gray fine tip point that comes with gundam marker set. Can someone reccommed me good markers for inking?
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

If by 'inking' you're referring to coloring panel lines, I can recommend a good pen instead. I used a black Micron .005 mm on my last few Gundam models and I've not only found the pen to be durable, but the ink holds up fairly well.

http://www.artistsupplies.com/images/IM ... n_pens.jpg
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Blade of the Red Comet

I'm partial to these.
BlackOpsElf

I second G-Slayer's suggestion. They seem to work well for me.
Xanatos11

Ive used both of those pens many times, the Gundam Markers and the Microns (.005 .01 .02 and .08) if I remember correctly. I started out using Microns because that was all I had access too, but about a year or so ago I started using the Gundam Markers.

I can personally say without a doubt that the Gundam markers are the better pens (IMO). To the touch the tip of the Gundam Markers feels much more firm than the Microns and as such they seem to last longer aswell. Also the ink is different. The Microns ink is much more water based and doesnt make as thick or as dark of a line as the GMs. The color also doesnt last as long. The models that I line with the Microns have faded and "cracked" (no longer a constant line) whereas the GMs are just as good as they were on the first day, no fading or cracking.

I also have to point out that the GMs seem to be a perfect fit for most lines on MGs and HGUCs, annd can be wiped easily and without the smudging that the Microns have.

GMs are also about $.75 cheaper than Micons where I buy them, so thats another reason for me.

Gundam Markers > Microns