non-PG 1/60 Zeta Gundam

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Jak Crow

non-PG 1/60 Zeta Gundam

Does anyone have the 1/60 non-PG Zeta that doesn't transform?
Xanatos11

Im not familiar with it. What line is it and when is it from?
mcred23

I believe he is referring to the original Zeta kit.

But anyway, Jak Crow, what are you asking about said kit?
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Jak Crow

I wanted to know how good it is because I was thinking of buying it. The pics make it look pretty featureless and not even as detailed as the 1/60 HG Wing 0 and God Gundams, which btw, have panel lines out the ass that make them look great when painted. If this Zeta model is as good as the others, I will get it since I can't see chunking out $200 for the PG model that I will never transform after putting it together.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

It's a much older kit and nowhere near the same level of finish as later 1/60 kits.
Jak Crow

Really? I guess I will skip it then.
Koshernova

Unless you're a huge fan of specific old designs which haven't gotten a makeover, you're always better off skipping old kits altogether.

That is, unless you want to kitbash them for pieces or buy cheap kits to try out paint schemes.
Jak Crow

Nah. I'm just trying to get 1/60 models right now without breaking the bank. I've got all non-PG 1/60s and most of the toys except this old zeta.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

You got the old Gelgood Cannon, Jonny Riddan Zaku or Full Armour Gundam in 1/60th???

I have the old Gelgoog and its pretty good for a 24 year old kit lol

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Dis=-2&Mac ... ord=1%2F60
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Jak Crow

Oh, no. I don't like those designs at all so I've skipped them. My current objectives are the 1/60 Wing 0 Custom toy, the Shining toy, though I may settle for the 1/60 HG model, and the Nu toy. I would have gotten the Nu toy, but the seller on ebay has disappeared, much to my annoyance.
Samster

Huh 1/60 Nu figure? Where did you see this? I've never heard anything about it.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I believe he's referring to one of the deluxe large-scale figures that was released exclusively in North America a few years back. It's not 1/60 scale, though.
Samster

Really? The only one I ever saw was the deluxe Wing Gundam but a quick search netted this on eBay. I am a Canuck so it may have been a U.S. only deal.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

That's it. It was released along with the Sazabi just before the US Gundam toy line crashed and burned for good. It was preceded by a GP01 Full Vernian and a GP-02A, and also the aforementioned Wing. All were non-standard, "fit-the-box" scales, though the Wing came closest to true 1/60 scale.
Koshernova

Jak Crow wrote:Oh, no. I don't like those designs at all so I've skipped them. My current objectives are the 1/60 Wing 0 Custom toy, the Shining toy, though I may settle for the 1/60 HG model, and the Nu toy. I would have gotten the Nu toy, but the seller on ebay has disappeared, much to my annoyance.
The Wing and G Gundam 1/60s are much newer than the old Zeta, so there's little comparison. The Zeta is a kit from the mid-80s, so don't expect the detail you'd get with the Wing and G Gundam 1/60s...
Jak Crow

Samster wrote:Really? The only one I ever saw was the deluxe Wing Gundam but a quick search netted this on eBay. I am a Canuck so it may have been a U.S. only deal.
And ironically, that seller is the one that flaked on me.
Jak Crow

James E. 'ZEE' Doyle wrote:I believe he's referring to one of the deluxe large-scale figures that was released exclusively in North America a few years back. It's not 1/60 scale, though.
Actually, there's a Wing 0 Custom toy that was released in Asia under the "Collector's Series" that is 1/60.
Jak Crow

James E. 'ZEE' Doyle wrote:That's it. It was released along with the Sazabi just before the US Gundam toy line crashed and burned for good. It was preceded by a GP01 Full Vernian and a GP-02A, and also the aforementioned Wing. All were non-standard, "fit-the-box" scales, though the Wing came closest to true 1/60 scale.
I have the GP01 and 02 toys and they might as well be 1/60. Close enough for my tastes any ways.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I can just barely recall, but I think those two were in the neighborhood of 1/72 scale
Jak Crow

James E. 'ZEE' Doyle wrote:I can just barely recall, but I think those two were in the neighborhood of 1/72 scale
I realize the UC units are supposed to be a little bigger than other lines, but the GP01 and 02 toys are the same size as the 1/60 units I have, approximately 12" tall.