Im in a bit of a custom model pickle (Zeta A1 vs Zeta C1)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Xanatos11

Im in a bit of a custom model pickle (Zeta A1 vs Zeta C1)

So later this week on going to go out and buy a few models that I plan on customizing around a pair of designs used in a short fic I did a year or so ago.
Basically what Im doing are a pair of Zetas. Not the Actual Zeta mind you, but the test types of it.
However Im in a bit of a pickle. Im not sure if I want the C1 or the A1. In the story I wrote they were both supposed to be C1s and in space. So if I were to use the C1 models (as planned) that would be more accurate, but seeing as one of them used a beam rifle and the other a beam smart gun Im lacking a rifle.

Also, im just curious what the differences between the models is beyond the color designs and the armament. Are there more thrusters on the C1 beside the ones on the back (those are all I remember seeing on Dalong).

And how would you recommend I get a beam rifle (the Zeta type) without buying a whole other A1.

BTW, if your curious what the colors are one is white and crimson while the other is light grey and cobalt.
jerid messas ghost

you could just buy the kits wich you can find reviews for them here
and the models here
and here
even crappy robots that blow up when the go to fast need love too (im looking at you zudah)
Derringer

Just scratch build a rifle or steal one from another model and mod it. Since it's your fic, and you've already custom colored the suits, why not give them some custom weaponry?
SNT1

First off, Dalong.net pretty much answers most of your questions. What you saw there is pretty much what you get. A1 has the beam rifle and the funky waverider shield; C1 has the extra thrusters on the back, 4 propellant tanks and the beam smart gun.

You want a C1 with an A1 rifle? I suppose if you want the exact rifle you can order the A1 runners with the rifle parts at HLJ. (It's in their FAQ on how to order runners). That's if you want to avoid scratchbuilding of course.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xanatos11

At first I always thought of using just the basic rifle, but thanks derringer for an obvious idea. I think Ill try and make something. Or atleast plan something out. I have a ton of spare parts and other goods, so Im sure I could come up with something.

I think I'll use the pair of smart guns and craft some sort of double barrel s-gun. And then for the other unit I have an old strike rifle, some unued parts from Hiriaoo (sp?) and a few others. Yea! I think this'll work.

And thanks SNT for the suggestion. I never knew that HLJ did that. Il make sure to keep that in mind. Im sure that it could become useful (though not this time).

Also, just a little side question and a concept I might persue. But while I was looking at dalong I caught a glance at the Bawoo, a suit Ive never cared for. Then suddenly it hit. I think it would look really neat in F91 colors! Am I going insane or do you guys think it could end up pretty neat?
SNT1

Also, just a little side question and a concept I might persue. But while I was looking at dalong I caught a glance at the Bawoo, a suit Ive never cared for. Then suddenly it hit. I think it would look really neat in F91 colors! Am I going insane or do you guys think it could end up pretty neat?
I dunno, you can ask the guys in Art & Multimedia forum who takes Photoshop recolor requests; maybe you can get a preview there. (If you decide to, ask nicely)

I never cared for the Bawoo, so I wouldn't know :P
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ZetaII

In the game MS Dawn, I chose white as the main color for my Bawoo, and it looks surprisingly good. So yeah, F91 colors may work since its predominantly white. (That is assuming you aren't referring to Harrison's deep blue F91.)
Xanatos11

ZetaII wrote:In the game MS Dawn, I chose white as the main color for my Bawoo, and it looks surprisingly good. So yeah, F91 colors may work since its predominantly white. (That is assuming you aren't referring to Harrison's deep blue F91.)
No, I mean the original F91 colors