MG Core Fighter compatibility?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
tajisdurmin

MG Core Fighter compatibility?

With all the rumors of an MG Guntank coming out this year, I thought I'd ask people with collections more extensive than mine about MG Core Fighters Bandai's released to date. I've got a Guncannon with the excellent revised Core Fighter, but it's obviously incompatible with those in the RX-78 v1.5 and 1.0 I've bought earlier. A quick scan of Dalong's reviews for RX-78s suggests that only the Ver. Ka has a Core Fighter that matches the Guncannon's, but I wanted to confirm that before I consider buying one.

Of course, all this work goes to pot if they kick out the Guntank with yet a third Core Fighter aboard...
saneman

No core fighters for the White Base kits are compatable without modification. Except that of recolors
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
BlackOpsElf

I'm not sure what the appeal of having compatible core fighters is other than from a theoretical standpoint. Sure, it would be nice if the three Operation V kits were compatible, but what exactly is keeping you from buying a Version Ka. if the core fighter isn't interchangeable with the Guncannon?
tajisdurmin

BlackOpsElf wrote:I'm not sure what the appeal of having compatible core fighters is other than from a theoretical standpoint. Sure, it would be nice if the three Operation V kits were compatible, but what exactly is keeping you from buying a Version Ka. if the core fighter isn't interchangeable with the Guncannon?
Nothing is, of course; if incompatible Core Fighters were a deal-breaker, I wouldn't have bought an RX-78 v1.5, let alone a Guncannon. Like you said, though, it'd be nice...after all, it's a bit silly when the supposedly primary feature of the Operation V designs doesn't even work. If no existing RX-78 fixes that, I'll just stick with the 1.5 on my shelf and deal.