MG Char's Zaku II (ver 1.0)

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Derringer

MG Char's Zaku II (ver 1.0)

All right, my entry for the summer contest will be this old MG Char's Zaku. Let's see how it turns out with some modeling love. Started on it late May and have been working on it when I've had time. Actual shots below were taken in early June.

Snap Test
Optimus Primed
Kiggz

hey nice Char i like it hes the coolest.

I wanted to ask you what did you use to put the Leg Rings on ? Did you use custom tubing ? i just got a zaku 2.0 and it does not come with tubes for the legs but it comes with the rings and they expect you to have your own tubes i was thrown off guard from this and i am very confused.

I was hoping you mite have some tips did your char come with tubes for the legs ?
Derringer

Um...mine came with the tubes in a small plastic bag. I almost lost the bag when I took the parts out the first time.
mcred23

Kiggz, don't hijack this thread, you already have one that covers that problem.

As for the topic at hand, that model looks nice, Derringer, although it'll be more interesting to see once you finish it.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ulnhyrr

Looking good! I look forward to seeing this over at MMC. There's going to be a Zak comp soon :)
Derringer

ulnhyrr wrote:Looking good! I look forward to seeing this over at MMC. There's going to be a Zak comp soon :)
Yeah I had that in mind :D
Kiggz

What are your plans for painting scheme ? are going going with the real colors ? or custom ?
WhiteWingDemon

mcred23 wrote:Kiggz, don't hijack this thread, you already have one that covers that problem.
He posted here before starting the new topic.

Anyways, I'm interested to see what you're going to do with it. Can't say much more considering I'm a judge.
mcred23

WhiteWingDemon wrote:
mcred23 wrote:Kiggz, don't hijack this thread, you already have one that covers that problem.
He posted here before starting the new topic.
No, he didn't. The other thread was started at 7:52 am EST, and his post here in this thread was at 7:58 am EST, meaning his thread asking the same question had already started.

WhiteWingDemon

Last edited by WhiteWingDemon on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deus EpS Machina

Before anything idiotic goes down, lets not argue about this any further please.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Kiggz

Mod Edit (Red): This is a spam post, and you're getting a Warning for it.
EZero8

Kiggz wrote:.....
People... posts like these constitute as spam. Dont do it again, or you'll probably find yourself locked up in a dark room with one of the Trinary members or Wingnut.

Now back to the topic.

Mod Edit (Red): Actually, WhiteWingDemon removed his post as it was about the time issue.

EDIT: Duely noted. Sorry WhiteWingDemon.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Derringer

lol....thread hijack

Preview
mcred23

That looks very good. The colors are nice (Although the red does seem just a shade darker than normal) and everything seems pretty good about it.

You with teh cookie!*

*Cookie is not real. For real cookie, see Cardi Doorl.

Derringer

Koshernova

That's quite cool Derringer. I really love the paint job you did on it, hand painted no less! The old MGs aren't that great part fitting-line wise (although of course, still much better than HGs from that time), so you did a great job. I love the base too, did you scratch build it or get it from a newer kit?

The only gripe I have with it is a lot of these poses look a bit unnatural, but to be fair I have the J/F Zaku 1.0 and I know how crap it is to pose...
Derringer

The base is a Bandai Action Base, and yeah, I had a tough time getting poses since the design has limited range of movement.
Koshernova

To be perfectly honest I'd love to see what you can do with a 2.0 or the retro looking HGUC. I loved your choice of colours.