Nadesico Models?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Xanatos11

Nadesico Models?

Ive been trying to help out a friend find model kits of the Aestivalis' and the title ship from Martian Sucessor Nadesico. Ive seen a resin kit, but IM looking for something more along the lines of Bandai Gunpla-esque models. I know that they exist because Bandai once had a HG line of them. However I havent been able to find any of them for sale.
It would also be nice to find a model of the ship itself. but, no luck as of yet.

Any assistance is graefully appreciated, as Ive looked high and low with little success.

Aaaaand a little side question regarding the Perfect Grade Evangelion Unit 1 models, what is the difference between the Limited Edition coating and the normal edition. It's about a $100 difference and I want to get the better of the two for myself.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Samster

In terms of Nadesico kits just scouring the web or eBay your best bet, a quick look there netted me this.

Now for the PG Eva, the special edition just has a pearl-metallic coating on the parts and a commemorative Rei Ayanami transparent-type poster. I have the original PG Eva and quite frankly I would reccommend getting the HG or some other kit/toy as it isn't that great.

EDIT: Also, the first run of the original PG Eva came with numbered NERV id cards.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Xanatos11

Yea, thats the only kit of any sort that I found. it also indicated to me that there was a HG line at one point. Theres also a resin Aestivalis on eBay too (or there was last night), but Im looking for something more in the lines of Gunpla.

And thanks for the advice on the Eva, but Im curious more about what the problems are with it that makes you say to get a HG.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

I have the older HG EVA-01 with dispalybase/stand.

Nice kit with good possability...but will look so much better painted. Comes with some nice water-slide decals.

Got it off HLJ.com about a year ago...have a look there...should have some in stock.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Samster

Well I have both kits and the PG is really nothing more than a glorified HG. Of particular issue to me was the fact that the joints seemed to get loose and become weak. A contributing factor to that might be that the rubber sleeves put over the joints are too thick. Trying to taking them off to check is a hassle in itself. Overall it wasn't even that posable of a kit after all was said and done. I got this thing in my Eva heyday and was suckered by the size mainly. The HG is just a more solid kit that does everything the PG does save for lighting up and having functioning shoulder compartments.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
Mark064

At one point in time there was a Nadesico HG model line by Bandai. The line included Aestivalis, 0G Frame Aestivalis, Aerial Frame Aestivalis, Artillery Frame Aestivalis, Aestivalis Akatsuki Custom and a 0G Battle Unit piloted by the three girls (in other words you get 3 kits in their 3 colors).
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

Be aware that Bandai's Nadesico kits are kind of crap: Poor molding, so-so articulation, and stickers galore. Despite carrying the HG label, they in no way deserve to be considered high grade anything.

Bandai's kit quality went through a really bad stretch in the '90s, and these kits are perfect examples. I'm not saying you shouldn't get them, but don't expect anything on a par with current (or even original) HG standards.